I wish Morrissey would sing "Sing Your Life" when he gets to the U.S. in December.

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
Anyone else?

That song means so very much to me and I've never heard him sing it live.

That is all.

Re: I wish Morrissey would sing "Sing Your Life" when he gets to the U.S. in December

I called for 'Sing Your Life' at Leeds the other night just after he asked if anyone in the crowd wanted to sing on stage, and when no one answered he asked 'what would you sing'?

The bloke just in front of me turned to say he he agreed.

I think Boz would lap it up as well.

SYL segued into The Loop. :)

And Pregnant for the Last Time :lbf:

Dave

Re: I wish Morrissey would sing "Sing Your Life" when he gets to the U.S. in December

I called for 'Sing Your Life' at Leeds the other night just after he asked if anyone in the crowd wanted to sing on stage, and when no one answered he asked 'what would you sing'?

The bloke just in front of me turned to say he he agreed.

I think Boz would lap it up as well.

SYL segued into The Loop. :)

And Pregnant for the Last Time :lbf:

Dave

That would be fantastic! Oh, how I'd swoon.

I don't think Morrissey likes PFTLT because of how it was received when it was released. I seem to recall that critics gave it bad reviews. Still, I love it and would love to hear it.

SYL just means so much to me though. It came out at the peak of my obsessive Morrissey-love, back in the days when I still thought he was a God. (Now he's just a really talented artist -- the MOST talented artist, but I still think I keep him in the religious section of my brain since there's nothing else perched on that spot.)

I hope he heard you and I hope he sees this... And I hope he's in the mood to add something new to the set. :D

The song holds special meaning to me as well because it was the very first single that I bought back in 1991.

I've been saying put it in the setlist for years. I'd die and the place would go ape shit. :guitar: It's (one of) the quintessential Moz song, imo. Nothing else on the setlist is as rockabilly (maybe WDYFOFY?) and he should get in touch with those roots. The conditions are ripe.

solnboz.jpg

(I took this -go me :guitar:)

I used to yell it out every time they brought out the bass. He only responded once by saying, "I am, aren't I?"

I asked Boz once in LA if they were going to surprise us with SYL on the final Palladium night and I'll never forget the way he staunchly procliamed "No.".

Back
Top Bottom