"I Want A Boy For My Birthday"/Dale Hibbert YouTube channel removed

Dale Hibbert writes:

I have taken the channel down, before the gossip and rumours, no one has forced this, it was my choice. I made it available for people with an interest in the music, and in the embryonic development of bands.

I did not make it available for the likes of the the f***ers at NME and other music rags to use as click bait.

What frustrated me the most was the absolute shit arsed laziness of the journalists, copying and pasting from old wiki entries, absolutely no fact checking. This was never intended for you.

I would imagine that everybody that wanted to hear it, now has.

Related items:

Will there be another countdown now ?

:confused:

An old demo recording from a famous band gets shared online as a curiosity for fans. Good for everyone involved.

But all the build-up, commentary, agonising, taking it down again, grand gestures... Jesus. It's an old demo from a band. The universe doesn't give a shit.

Dale Hibbert writes:

I have taken the channel down, before the gossip and rumours, no one has forced this, it was my choice. I made it available for people with an interest in the music, and in the embryonic development of bands.

I did not make it available for the likes of the the f***ers at NME and other music rags to use as click bait.

What frustrated me the most was the absolute shit arsed laziness of the journalists, copying and pasting from old wiki entries, absolutely no fact checking. This was never intended for you.

I would imagine that everybody that wanted to hear it, now has.

Related items:
I think you'll find he's already had "a boy for his birthday"...Sebastien, on the cover of Y.O.R...My Son, who i no longer have...Thanks very much..Charlie

An old demo recording from a famous band gets shared online as a curiosity for fans. Good for everyone involved.

But all the build-up, commentary, agonising, taking it down again, grand gestures... Jesus. It's an old demo from a band. The universe doesn't give a shit.
good point,great to hear it but making people wait a year was a bit of grandstanding.

What's wrong with letting people wait for it though? Especially as there might not be anything better coming out on the Moz front. (Which I hope is not true!)

As Bowie passed, it was announced that he had scheduled a decade worth of new releases. I personally like this feeling that something is coming up.

"I did not make it available for the likes of the the f***ers at NME and other music rags to use as click bait." Sounds reasonable. Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing it, it felt like some kind of magic.

does somebody have all the separate tracks saved?? i really liked that channel and the information on it was really interesting

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom