i need help-check this out

drifter

i only have the first four songs of this show. the sound is GREAT. i love the beginning when the person recording this is actually walking into the venue recording. heres the four tracks i have....since ive learned how to upload im straightening and sorting all my shows and found this part show....can anyone help with the whole show please

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9VU78RM7

21 February 1984
Town Hall, Bournemouth

Hand In Glove
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Girl Afraid
This Charming Man
Pretty Girls Make Graves
Still Ill
This Night Has Opened My Eyes
Barbarism Begins At Home
Back To The Old House
/What Difference Does It Make?
//Reel Around The Fountain
//You've Got Everything Now
//Handsome Devil

Bournemouth was memorable, but not for the right reasons. The Smiths left stage 35 minutes into the concert because the crowd didn't seem very interested into what was happening on stage. The band was eventually called back and Morrissey had to scold the audience and get signs of encouragement before they could resume the show.

After the tour opener "Hand In Glove" Morrissey greeted the audience "Hello Bournemouth!" In "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now", which was not yet lyrically quite the version that would be released as a single three months down the road, Morrissey sang the usual alternate line "What she said to me at the end of the day" but also changed another line to "You've been in my house too long she said". After the song Morrissey enquired "Shouldn't you be at home studying? Don't forget those exams!" In "This Charming Man", Morrissey took liberties with his lyrics, singing "It's gruesome that someone so ugly should care". Morrissey tried to introduce "Pretty Girls Make Graves, but was stopped by all the shouting: "Oh the lesson to be learned... LISTEN! LISTEN!"

It is unknown whether it was brought on stage by himself, or if it was thrown from the audience, but Morrissey played a few lines of flute in the outro to "Barbarism Begins At Home"! "Back To The Old House" was introduced with the words "And now something to send you to sleep". It probably had the expected effect, because after that song the Smiths left stage and the DJ put the music back on. The audience was obviously surprised, the show had barely lasted longer than half an hour. They shouted, booed and screamed and eventually the band came back on stage. Morrissey then asked "Listen, we're really confused, do you actually like us or not? (crowd: 'Yeah!) Okay..." and they launched into "What Difference Does It Make?" in which Morrissey changed some of his words again, this time "but now you make me feel so ashamed because I only got two heads".

After the song the band left the stage again as Morrissey exclaimed "Goodbye! Remind me, I must move to Bournemouth!". The crowd cheered and shouted for the Smiths to come back again. After enough encouragement, they finally agreed to resume the show. On returning, Morrissey started by leading the crowd to repeat after him "Smiths! Smiths! Smiths!" three times. Then he teased them by saying "Don't be trained!". Song titles were being shouted and Morrissey had to shush the audience. Someone asked for "Handsome Devil", Morrissey said "No! No!" and they launched into "Reel Around The Fountain". It was the night of lyrical improvisations, as Morrissey changed some words again. This time he sang "People said that you were easily led, and they were right!" (probably about his leading them to shout Smiths! Smiths! Smiths!) and "You can pin and mount me like a butterfly, if you want to".

"You've Got Everything Now" came next and the changes were even more significant. Some of those changes had been heard before, but others were completely new: "No, I've never had a job because frankly, I just don't want one!"; "No, I've never had a job because I'm too ugly!"; "A friendship sadly lost, it isn't true and it's false"; "You are your mother's only son and you're a miserable one". Some lines were just not finished, ending in yodeling "I just want to be seen... hee-hoo-hoo-hoo!". Best of all, Morrissey pulled the flute out again and used it to finish the line "What a terrible mess I've made of my life, oh what a (flute!)".

Finally the band gave in to the requests for "Handsome Devil". Morrissey: "So? Okay... since you asked... I bet nobody knows the words... true...". Strangely, in the song, he changed a bit to "I know what eggs are for and I'd like to help myself"!

info from passions just like mine

thanks vulgar if you could upload it, i would love this show

I have this bootleg as well. If i get some spare time Ill see if I cant up load it if Vulgar does not beat me to the punch.

BR

Back
Top Bottom