I guess I'm officially bi-sexual now

It's not dumb or offensive in my opinion. I disagree with it but it's not an uncommon thought. People get different things from sex. Some married guys that consider themselves "straight" have a different kind of relationship with their wife or girlfriend than the sorts of arrangements they might make with other men occasionally for whatever. It's easy to say that they are obviously gay and in denial but some of them have real relationships with women and then have this other thing they are interested in for different reasons. So they can consider themselves straight I guess.

Well they can consider themselves to be polka-dot throw rugs, too. But it doesn't mean that they are.

Your logic is too lenient, too understanding. You argue things in such a way that although technically you're right

"Some married guys that consider themselves "straight" have a different kind of relationship with their wife or girlfriend than the sorts of arrangements they might make with other men occasionally for whatever."

you're also obfuscating the basic principle of what is being debated: sexual affiliation and attraction, which could certainly be determined by
"the sorts of arrangements they might make with other men occasionally for whatever."

My point is...that's a pretty big whatever. The very nature of sexual orientation definition is dictated by who you are physically attracted to. Plain and simple.

If you're a male, having a wife/girlfriend/female f*** buddy who who genuinely enjoy getting off with is all very well but if you like to get sucked off by men, or you like to suck off men, or you like to f*** other guys in the ass, etc....you may actually be kind of into guys. You don't have to say you're gay, or bi-sexual, but you don't have to, because you're a dude who likes messing around with dudes.

Just saying.

And the same goes for chicks. And on that note let me just say, I don't understand how they're not all lesbians.

Guys are hideous.

You might, but you might not, is the thing. There's the easy jump which is that they are in denial and a lot of them are. I agree with you to a large degree, but it's really more complicated.

You might, but you might not, is the thing. There's the easy jump which is that they are in denial and a lot of them are. I agree with you to a large degree, but it's really more complicated.

No no no Dave it's less complicated. It's the assumption of complexity in sexual relations that causes confusion and misinterpretations and guilt and denial all that bullshit. We think too much.

If cats and birds and fish and mice and spiders and monkeys can figure it out without these debates and scrutinized dissections, why can't we?

Last edited by a moderator:
No no no Dave it's less complicated. It's the assumption of complexity in sexual relations that causes confusion and misinterpretations and guilt and denial all that bullshit. We think too much.

If cats and birds and fish and mice and spiders and monkeys can figure it out without these debates and scrutinized dissections, why can't we?

It sounds like you're saying that what may be outside your range of knowledge or understanding doesn't exist and would be too inconvenient if it did exist.

jra6gw.jpg

Rihanna thinks she's the new Madonna or maybe Britney is Madonna and Rihanna is the new Britney?

Look at that thing Rihanna's wearing. My grandma had to wear something like that when she was int the hospital. I hope Rihanna is okay.

You guys are being silly. It's not about who you kiss or who you sleep with, it's about (as was said) who sexually arouses you (not when they're actually, you know, touching things, but the thought or sight of that person.) And it's a whole continuum. Obviously CG was joking at the beginning - she's not gay for inadvertantly swapping saliva with a girl, unless the thought of swapping saliva with a girl turns her on. Which is none of mine or anyone else's business.

Ice T summed it up best in an episode of SVU...

It sounds like you're saying that what may be outside your range of knowledge or understanding doesn't exist and would be too inconvenient if it did exist.

Rihanna is a f***wit. NO ONE takes her seriously. Well I don't anyway, and I don't think anyone else exists besides me.

Anyway...back to the topic at hand.

Strictly speaking, yeah, what is outside of my realm of knowledge or understanding doesn't exist. For me. I create my own reality, just like you do.

But having said that, no, that's not what I meant. I don't see that there is that much to understand about this issue. Everyone here is saying how kissing/messing around with/sleeping with the same sex isn't what makes you gay, it's the presence of arousal/sexual desire that defines it. So, OK. And yeah, goofing around or something, I guess technically, might not mean that much. Maybe.

But isn't it the fact of that arousal, or desire, that instigates the kiss, the make-out session, the sleeping together? And so if you experiment with same-sex relations, it's because you want to. And if you want to, it's because you are attracted to the same sex.

I don't get what's so difficult to accept about this.

As for me hoping you are wrong because it would be "more convenient" for me if guys didn't experiment with guys, or girls with girls, because I just don't understand that stuff (? What is there to understand?)...c'mon, man. I don't care if the whole world is fruity. Makes no difference to me. All I'm saying is that the denial thing is annoying.

Experiment all you want but just at least admit that you're into the same sex.

Denial gets you nowhere really f***ing fast.

Or to put it another way...you know a tree by its fruit.

Get it? Fruit?

HA! I kill me!

alf.jpg

Rihanna is a f***wit. NO ONE takes her seriously. Well I don't anyway, and I don't think anyone else exists besides me.

Here's to hoping Chris Brown slaps her around some more. I love how most modern female pop stars (I refuse to call them singers) start to lose their looks and sales after 3-5 years and have to resort to pulling stunts to make them relevant. Gaga at least had the decency to skip all the 'innocent virgin' act and entered the biz a slut...Lol. I hate her too.

Strictly speaking, yeah, what is outside of my realm of knowledge or understanding doesn't exist. For me. I create my own reality, just like you do.

But having said that, no, that's not what I meant. I don't see that there is that much to understand about this issue. Everyone here is saying how kissing/messing around with/sleeping with the same sex isn't what makes you gay, it's the presence of arousal/sexual desire that defines it. So, OK. And yeah, goofing around or something, I guess technically, might not mean that much. Maybe.

But isn't it the fact of that arousal, or desire, that instigates the kiss, the make-out session, the sleeping together? And so if you experiment with same-sex relations, it's because you want to. And if you want to, it's because you are attracted to the same sex.

As for me hoping you are wrong because it would be "more convenient" for me if guys didn't experiment with guys, or girls with girls, because I just don't understand that stuff (? What is there to understand?)...c'mon, man. I don't care if the whole world is fruity. Makes no difference to me. All I'm saying is that the denial thing is annoying.

This is a black and white issue and it is really annoying people are trying to turn it into shades of gray. If you want to have or have had (not forced, obviously) any kind of sexual contact with a member of the same sex, you're gay. Period. End of story. It doesn't matter if you like the opposite sex as well, if you like the same sex, you're gay. Deal with it.

Not true...it gets you to the Mediterranean Sea. Waka waka waka.

And spider-monkeys. Forgot to mention them.
spider_monkey6.jpg

Honestly, why would you care about people being in denial when you don't care if the whole world is fruity?

But also, I already said that denial exists. So does ignorance by choice. When you said people think too much I think you summed up your position.

Honestly, why would you care about people being in denial when you don't care if the whole world is fruity?

Why challenge something he said that was insignificant to the point of his post? Don't be vapid, Dave.

But also, I already said that denial exists. So does ignorance by choice. When you said people think too much I think you summed up your position.

There is no such thing as people who think too much...simply people who think too little.

Why challenge something he said that was insignificant to the point of his post? Don't be vapid, Dave.

There is no such thing as people who think too much...simply people who think too little.

People who make black and white into shades of gray annoy you, though, you wrote. And he wrote that people think too much.

No one wants an example or anything, which is funny in an intelligent debate like this one.

Back
Top Bottom