Morrissey Central "I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD" (August 23, 2020)

I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD

“Following a stroke, her recovery was remarkable.
She had three extensive head-to-toe examinations by the NHS who could find nothing amiss.
Four days following the third all-clear examination I was told that my mother had three weeks to live.
Nine days later she had withered and died without any attempt by the NHS to save her life.
Once the NHS waves you off with paracetamol, get ready to meet your maker.
The official cause of my mother’s death was not the trendy and unquestionable “covid” - but, instead, cancer of the gallbladder … which had gone undetected by the NHS during their three thorough investigations.
How I wish to all gods that my mother had expressed no faith in the NHS.
She might still be alive today.”

Morrissey
23 August 2020.

Untitled_b47und.jpg

Media item:

I’m afraid it’s a story occurring time and time again. The default response of the NHS, encountering a presentation, is that the ‘patient’ is fine—despite the fact that you’d likely have better things to do (than visit mandarins in white coats), if all felt fine.

We now have a National Death Service. And woe to you if you don’t applaud it.

True, it's not in great shape.

Seems to beg the question “Why would a multimillionaire send his mum for dodgy public healthcare?”

Seems to beg the question “Why would a multimillionaire send his mum for dodgy public healthcare?”
Did you actually read what Morrissey said? I’d start there. It’s a really good place to start.

Shut the f*** up, Clown Shoes. His mother was old. Know what happens when you get old? You ducking die. EVERYONE does.

If Morrissey’s present “NHS killed mom” bullocks interests you, for even a second - please eat a lump of freezing cold poison.

Absolute c***s.
everyone knows that after a certain point they just kill you with drugs.

Private care always wins. Nice of him to tell us what it was.

My heart goes out to Morrissey. He is still in my thoughts and prayers for the loss of his mother. I know what it`s like to lose a loved one yet I can`t imagine the pain he must be in at this difficult time I would be angry too if that happened to one of my loved ones. Life can be so painful sometimes. I hope Morrissey finds peace in time . I send him all my love and best wishes. I hope he knows how loved he is and hope Morrissey finds some comfort in that.

everyone knows that after a certain point they just kill you with drugs.
The thing you’re responding to should get a modicum of education of course, but otherwise a career in British medicine awaits him.

I feel for Morrissey. I know what he's going through, as does any adult male who has lost their mother. It's a unique kind of grief, and probably the most unpleasant kind. It really feels as though a part of your heart has been removed and will never be replaced.

People react to such grief in many ways, one of the most common of which is looking for someone to blame. It must be *somebody's* fault, surely? This can't 'just happen'. But it does and of course it always will. In time Morrissey will come to accept this.

But I just wanted to say this: He's wrong with his statement that if his mother had not put her faith in the NHS she would have lived. If you've got (in her case at best, it turned out) three weeks left, all the private doctors in the world won't change that. Bowie and George Harrison would tell you the same if they could - they travelled the globe offering limitless cash to anyone who could cure their terminal cancer. No dice. When your number's up, it's up. That's 'life', ironically.

Dear Morrissey. Everyone dies. If you truly loved your mother, please honour her memory by not being such a self-serving, wankeresque, barn-burning twat.

Quit pissing on the NHS.

She was old and she would have died anyway.

Who knows what happened in this case - but currently the NHS is having to admit knowingly sending patients with Covid into care homes, we had the Liverpool Care Pathway scandal where older patients were starved to death, a doctor is being investigated for overdosing patients with painkillers they didn't need & the NHS is struggling to pay all it owes for negligence cases.

Just awful.

It doesn't do anybody any good, NHS patients and NHS staff, to engage in this facile fairy tale that the NHS is staffed by Saints and Angels, and is a National Treasure, to be saluted on command. It's a fairy tale that has been used and abused by all sides for many years now, but really began ramping up with Danny Boyle's Cool Britannia pantomime for the Jubil-ympics in 2012, and then on into the Brexit bullshit. Yes, it most likely is one of the greatest achievements of British society since World War II, and at least it's not the American carnage, but that doesn't particularly help people in the here and now.

As much as people can, and do, say, 'it's all the fault of Thatcher/Cameron/Johnson', or bloody management consultants, or 'cutbacks', or whatever, but at some point, in every healthcare interaction it will come down to human f***ing beings. And as in any other system you will get good humans and shit ones, smart ones and dumb. Difference with the NHS system is the dumb ones can kill you. Or your loved ones. Or f*** your life irreversibly.

My Mother would have died of Dementia. Or Parkinson's. No cure for either. In the end, what most likely ended her life on the day that it did, was a harassed District Nurse, who put on a Morphine patch to ease a level of pain in her patient that her medical ineptitude caused over the space of only 6 weeks. Three days later my Mum stopped breathing. She lied to us that she'd sought a GP's permission for it, and about the safety of it, in my Mum's case. At the end of the day though, it was me that gave her permission to apply the patch, after weeks of wearing me down with guilt. The GP's certificate lists cause of death as simply "dementia". In other words, "She was old and she would have died anyway". Which is true. But the pain doesn't acknowledge such handsome logic.

It's a f***ing mess, and í don't know what the answer is, but throwing money at it while offering up a defence of national treasure holiness isn't going to work for very much longer.

Just awful.

It doesn't do anybody any good, NHS patients and NHS staff, to engage in this facile fairy tale that the NHS is staffed by Saints and Angels, and is a National Treasure, to be saluted on command. It's a fairy tale that has been used and abused by all sides for many years now, but really began ramping up with Danny Boyle's Cool Britannia pantomime for the Jubil-ympics in 2012, and then on into the Brexit bullshit. Yes, it most likely is one of the greatest achievements of British society since World War II, and at least it's not the American carnage, but that doesn't particularly help people in the here and now.

As much as people can, and do, say, 'it's all the fault of Thatcher/Cameron/Johnson', or bloody management consultants, or 'cutbacks', or whatever, but at some point, in every healthcare interaction it will come down to human f***ing beings. And as in any other system you will get good humans and shit ones, smart ones and dumb. Difference with the NHS system is the dumb ones can kill you. Or your loved ones. Or f*** your life irreversibly.

My Mother would have died of Dementia. Or Parkinson's. No cure for either. In the end, what most likely ended her life on the day that it did, was a harassed District Nurse, who put on a Morphine patch to ease a level of pain in her patient that her medical ineptitude caused over the space of only 6 weeks. Three days later my Mum stopped breathing. She lied to us that she'd sought a GP's permission for it, and about the safety of it, in my Mum's case. At the end of the day though, it was me that gave her permission to apply the patch, after weeks of wearing me down with guilt. The GP's certificate lists cause of death as simply "dementia". In other words, "She was old and she would have died anyway". Which is true. But the pain doesn't acknowledge such handsome logic.

It's a f***ing mess, and í don't know what the answer is, but throwing money at it while offering up a defence of national treasure holiness isn't going to work for very much longer.

I'm sorry that happened to you. That's horrendous.

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt realize it happened so quickly. now i feel bad. obviously you're going to be in quite a state when told a loved one you believed to be healthy has only three weeks to live and thence proceed to call upon the gods and all sorts.

im sorry, mozzer. you HAVE had a rough time, havent you, sweetie? love you!

Es muy triste que el covid19 este acaparando la atención mundial ,como si la gente muriera solo de eso y se descuide otras enfermedades mortales como el cancer , es terrible que los familiares de muchas personas tengan que pasar por aquello , se que esta sufriendo Morrissey de esta injusticia que se ha vuelto el mundo , pero también espero sea fuerte por el bien de su madre , muchas veces tenemos que ser victimas de injusticias en el mundo para encontrar un lugar rápido en el cielo , ademas este mundo se esta volviendo cruel se deshace de los niños por nacer y deja morir a sus ancianos y en Irlanda se practica mucho eso Dios lo sabe

Denial, then Anger.

This reads to me as Morrissey processing grief in much the same way we all do. Those three medical examinations he lists are quite normal in terms of diagnostic procedure. It’s a process of elimination until clinicians identify what the problem is. Family will cling to each revelation, and find sudden bleak twists hard to deal with.

My guess is that he is currently between denial and anger. Denial, in that his Mother was statistically beyond the age of life expectancy, and the understandable anger and blame that goes with the death of a loved one.

Of course, she wasn’t a statistic, she was his Mum. The family wanted her to be around in a worthwhile capacity for as long as possible. However reality is that by the time we are into our 80’s the body is busy on many levels planning its own demise.

I understand why he blames the NHS, but he is wrong to believe that a private alternative exists in the UK. Our private healthcare is a money spinner for those undergoing relatively routine procedures. The moment things get serious a private ambulance will have you at the nearest NHS A&E, and that’s the end of your private healthcare.

Morrissey needs to process his grief. I worry about that when feelings of guilt start to emerge.

Abolish the bloated NHS

A terrible all to familiar scenario. Actually being able to speak to a doctor is already becoming a task of Herculean proportions. "Bleak house indeed"
Why is there so much pressure on public services these days??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

This information is so sad. It’s brave of Moz to share it at this awful time. I think that we need to understand how he must feel and that he wants to rage against something. Dear Mr M, look after yourself and in time you will start to feel better. Xx

Head to toe - MR I scan?
Always horrible to read stories of families who believe they've been failed by NHS.
I'm not going to process to be an expert on this , there's enough of those already on here , but would they have been checking for cancer ?
This is obviously crippling M - hope he comes through in one piece.

I like that he is being very open about this however It feels awkward.
I have a lot of respect for Moz but I do feel like an intruder reading this.
I understand his frustration.
he just wants to let people know what happened and not have people saying it must have beenl covid.
the fact that hes put this out there tells me hes coping fine just now.
iv heard so many stories like this over the years.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom