"I Am Not A Dog On A Chain" - pre-order, format details and exclusives summary; new bundles site

Following on from the Amazon thread, Crash indicate:

Morrissey – I Am Not A Dog On A Chain:
CD Album,
Standard Black Vinyl LP or
Indies Exclusive Coloured Vinyl LP

The vinyl colour that is exclusive to indies is to be confirmed (but rumour has it: clear red vinyl edit: now confirmed as clear red vinyl):

Release Date Friday 20th March

Morrissey
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain

CD Album £11.99
Standard Black Vinyl LP £19.99
Indies Exclusive Coloured Vinyl LP £19.99
(colour to be confirmed)

Tracklist:

Jim Jim Falls
Love Is On Its Way Out
Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know
I Am Not A Dog On A Chain
What Kind of People Live in These Houses?
Knockabout World
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
Once I Saw the River Clean
The Truth About Ruth
The Secret of Music
My Hurling Days Are Done

There is no second disc as Amazon first indicated.

The press release (cut and paste from the Warner's sales portal) doing the rounds with the album details is brief:

"First new studio album since 2017, I Am Not A Dog On A Chain was recorded at La Fabrique in France in 2018. The eleven track album, which was produced by Joe Chiccarelli, launches officially on the 10th of January 2020 and will be released on Friday 20th March 2020."

https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/prod...indies-exclusive-coloured-vinyl-lp-pre-order/

Piccadilly Records now list it too with the same information (and have added It's Over to buy on the 24th too):

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/product.php?pid=132856

Same via Rough Trade (they, too, have added It's Over 7"):

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/morrissey/i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain

Amazon (UK), since last night, now have the CD & black vinyl versions added and listed separately.

Now for something via superdeluxe and it brings a couple of exclusives too.

Clear vinyl:
59495-706f149870dafe49c78af6a2c4bb7ee3.png

59501-c6ae340c1742fc1e2206614ff23d6f9e.png

And an exclusive cassette.
All found here - this is official and is a portal to buy pretty much everything except the indie red vinyl:

https://morrissey.tmstor.es/

As linked to here:
https://morrissey.lnk.to/chain

There is an extended bit of press release there and Joe is quoted:

‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ was produced by the Grammy Award-winning producer Joe Chicarelli (Beck, The Strokes, The Killers). It was recorded during sessions at Studio La Fabrique in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France and Sunset Sound in Hollywood, California.

"I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey,” said Chicarelli. “This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet. He has pushed the boundaries yet again - both musically and lyrically. And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but… Morrissey!”

So, to summarise:
Digital download,
CD,
Black vinyl,
Mporium w/l 'test pressing' (Limited to 100 copies?),
Indie only clear red vinyl,
Website only clear vinyl,
Website only cassette.

Apologies for the long post, lots of information happened at the same time.
Regards,
FWD.

For the press release in full, please see here via Shorefire.com:

https://shorefire.com/releases/entry/morrissey-i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain-march-20th

(link courtesy of @JoeSellMozza).

Central's post:
Morrissey Central: "Album Pre Order Links" - January 11, 2020

Last edited:
Instead of hoping for The Smiths reuniting (which will never happen) everyone should be clamoring for his greatest solo band reuniting, Alain, Boz, Gary, and Spencer. I would actually prefer that to The Smiths. His current band blows.
100%. A Smiths reunion would be a balls anyway: Marr did his best work with Moz and The The (and a few good Electronic songs). The concert would sell out in a nano second with tickets snapped up by over indulged teenagers looking at their phones and taking selfies.
I'd much prefer a Moz 'classic Solo' lineup reunion like you said above. Now that would be a fine thing.

100%. A Smiths reunion would be a balls anyway: Marr did his best work with Moz and The The (and a few good Electronic songs). The concert would sell out in a nano second with tickets snapped up by over indulged teenagers looking at their phones and taking selfies.
I'd much prefer a Moz 'classic Solo' lineup reunion like you said above. Now that would be a fine thing.

A Smiths reunion is only interesting if they work on new material.

100%. But I wouldn't expect much from Marr. The best song on 'Call the comet' is 'Hi Hello' which is a blatant rehash of 'There Is A Light'.

I haven’t listened to the album. I don’t really care for much of his solo work. I have to believe he would write songs differently knowing it is for another artist and not just himself.

100%. But I wouldn't expect much from Marr. The best song on 'Call the comet' is 'Hi Hello' which is a blatant rehash of 'There Is A Light'.

I didn't know that, never heard it, & never listened to Marr-solo...but you're right on the money there...I've just watched it....There Is A Light indeed. Sheister.

Moz wants to make music, so Le Pew is out for good. He knows but one little strum on the guitar the mediocre dweeb.:straightface:
if he can get a hold of a couple of phone books Moz could employ him to drive the equipment truck:lbf:

Ha ha the vinyl just jumped up to £28.99 on Amazon. What a joke.
CD jumped up to £13.99. A few people preordering must have driven up the price. Amazon is very bad for upping prices all the time.
I ordered the red vinyl version yesterday for 19.99 pounds but in the checkout it was 16.99. Weird.

I ordered the red vinyl version yesterday for 19.99 pounds but in the checkout it was 16.99. Weird.

That one gig you attended on Refusal tour. Now that was weird. You growling at everyone. Spinning round constantly like. paranoid dog chasing its tail :crazy:

I wonder why we haven't seen Korda Marshall praising the forthcoming album or Morrissey praising the visionary wisdom of Korda Marshall, a genius among the greedy morons of the record business. Funny that.

Top-5 in Poland yet? Won’t be long before Central posts it.

Pirogies are on me, when the good news drops from Central.

I didn't know that, never heard it, & never listened to Marr-solo...but you're right on the money there...I've just watched it....There Is A Light indeed. Sheister.
The one sounds nothing like the other. ...but he wrote both, so I’m not sure what the duck you’re on about.

thats one cheeky bastard, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
robbing good Moz material to compose
his sucky cometic caterwauling.doh:

does LePew have any dignity at all?:ha-no:

Again, some people here celebrate seemingly small advances so Morrissey would climb to new heights. He's not. He has to be measured against his own past and that makes the new material sound helpless and bold.

It starts with Chiccarelli as producer, the alienation from his source of inspiration England and ends with the songwriters whose style doesn't suit him very well.

From my circle of acquaintances, there is only "thumbs down" for the new single. People like me, who have a UK-Indie background don't want the loud, metallic rattling sounds of the last records or the extremely exposed organ/saxophone platitudes of the new single.

A friend who hasn't known The Smiths and Morrissey that long, but likes them, doesn't know every record and is a musician himself, likes the new sound of the single. The withdrawal of the guitars is positive. I asked him to listen to the studio version of "Sister l'm a poet" (He doesn't know the song before) for comparison to understand why he was once so idolatrously loved and where he himself came from and how to love "Bobby" now. He understood that, but said Morrissey now has a completely different voice and the production wants to draw a completely different picture of him. "Maybe he should record some Rockabilly stuff with Brian Setzter in Memphis now", my friend said.
Ok then so people can’t the change,,,, what we’re you doing 30 years ago , and now??????

I have to smile when people suggest that Morrissey should go back to working with his previous musicians. When he was working with them, a huge number of people were saying that he needed to find a new band! :)

The music has been well-received for the past couple of original albums (better received than the lyrics) and with good reason. It has certainly been a lot more varied and interesting than the chugging rock that made up quite a chunk of the previous couple.

I'm not suggesting that everybody should love the new song, but let's not pretend that if he were to release the likes of That's How People Grow Up or All You Need is Me (the first singles from Refusal) now that they would be getting widespread praise on these pages.
All you need is me and something is squeezing my scull, should have all been top ten, especially the latter

Cruel, really he has had three good albums, seen Jonny in Manchester in 2013 , he pointed at me with my queen is dead t shirt for about 5 seconds.... can’t quite remember if I shit my self or cum... known me probably both.... I wasn’t laughing out loud either

Thats the black vinyl. Marred ordered the translucent red somewhere.

Yeah I couldn't see red on Amzn, hence sent you the Crash link, but I can't find it anywhere at £16.99. Maybe he got lucky?

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom