California Son: 4
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha yeah right & everybody knows who you are ?

All the sad old ex-fans & the Heaton/New Order/James superfan who keep saying you weren't there Karen, you're only in your 20s, blah de blah - seem to think they know who I am.

It's because they don't know what to make of him, he's never given them a personal story beyond his childhood, his opinions don't conform to expectations & his work has real darkness running through it.
If he was hanging about Camden with them & joining their little Twitter tribes they'd ignore whatever didn't fit their friendship with him.
But he's not, so we're having to go through this 'He's Hitler' phase as they retrofit the pull-quotes into a grand narrative.
It's all fixable because it's bullshit, but I don't know if he wants to fix it. He might like shocking the bourgeoisie, selling less, but ultimately making them look mental.
What evil deeds did Morrissey do, Grandpa, 'oh, he said about 6 sentences & wore a pin.'
Oh, and he spent 35 years brilliantly articulating an anti-royalty, anti-Thatcher, anti-meat industry, anti-military, pro-environment, anti-big business, anti-right wing aesthetic. And then, somewhat unbelievably, he threw it all away by formally declaring an unambiguous endorsement for a militaristic, climate-change denying, protect-the-wealthy, far-right political party. The single greatest act of foolishness and self-destruction in pop history, alienating every decent person who'd ever bought one of his albums or paid to see his concerts.

All the sad old ex-fans & the Heaton/New Order/James superfan who keep saying you weren't there Karen, you're only in your 20s, blah de blah - seem to think they know who I am.
Hilarious!!! Check back to the previous page as I reckon you've missed it, re your Forbes magazine post and then comeback and say he's a cult act and not commercial. You really haven't a clue. Morrissey keeps me happy by the way ?

Oh, and he spent 35 years brilliantly articulating an anti-royalty, anti-Thatcher, anti-meat industry, anti-military, pro-environment, anti-big business, anti-right wing aesthetic. And then, somewhat unbelievably, he threw it all away by formally declaring an unambiguous endorsement for a militaristic, climate-change denying, protect-the-wealthy, far-right political party. The single greatest act of foolishness and self-destruction in pop history, alienating every decent person who'd ever bought one of his albums or paid to see his concerts.

And who did the decent people vote for? The Lib-Dems with their corruption scandal, The Green Party with their Halal debacle, The Labour Party with its anti-semitism row, Nige's scam Brexit party or The Tories?

Maybe they're not that decent, not that clued up & not compassionate enough to look beyond media hysteria to see someone who doesn't vote putting faith in a woman who was on the left.

Hilarious!!! Check back to the previous page as I reckon you've missed it, re your Forbes magazine post and then comeback and say he's a cult act and not commercial. You really haven't a clue. Morrissey keeps me happy by the way ?

Oh, you're that one. Well, I guess I missed everyone's Granny singing along to Everyday Is Like Sunday because it's never off the radio & you can't get an 80s compilation without it on it.

Oh, you're that one. Well, I guess I missed everyone's Granny singing along to Everyday Is Like Sunday because it's never off the radio & you can't get an 80s compilation without it on it.
I'll tell you what Forbes said as you're obviously refusing to read it properly...Morrissey solo and with The Smiths have achieved twenty five top 10 albums in a mainstream chart, a commercial artist for 38 years and still at the top of his game. Time for you to stop talking kack.

Boy George had huge commercial success in the early/mid 80s, couldn't sustain it & became a media personality, DJ, nostalgia act... the usual.

Morrissey was never commercial. His latest album got a chart place & can tick along the way it always does.

You clearly have no idea what the word "commercial" means. I feel like I'm debating with a cult member. Enjoy your cognitive dissonance.

You clearly have no idea what the word "commercial" means. I feel like I'm debating with a cult member. Enjoy your cognitive dissonance.

The cult of what? Knowing how many units you need to shift to be a commercial act.

He's a cult because he's more famous & more important than his sales would indicate.

But if you think anyone who charts is commercial & he's flopped even though he's charted, gun for your life.

The cult of what? Knowing how many units you need to shift to be a commercial act.

He's a cult because he's more famous & more important than his sales would indicate.

But if you think anyone who charts is commercial & he's flopped even though he's charted, gun for your life.

And how many units is that? Please show me the official criteria. You're being ridiculous at this point. You're delusion about what "commercial" means is just your subjective narrative. Cognitive dissonance. You're simply wrong and too petulant to acknowledge it. I'm done with you. You're dismissed.

Thewils is an immature little bitch disliking all my comments obsessively. Moz sure has some pathetic losers as fans. The funny thing is I'm pro-Moz but I dared to call his new album a commercial flop (but praised it otherwise). Now I understand why many Moz fans here have such a bad reputation. :crazy:

Thewils is an immature little bitch disliking all my comments obsessively. Moz sure has some pathetic losers as fans. The funny thing is I'm pro-Moz but I dared to call his new album a commercial flop (but praised it otherwise). Now I understand why many Moz fans here have such a bad reputation. :crazy:
Pot, kettle... Find yourself a mirror.

And how many units is that? Please show me the official criteria. You're being ridiculous at this point. You're delusion about what "commercial" means is just your subjective narrative. Cognitive dissonance. You're simply wrong and too petulant to acknowledge it. I'm done with you. You're dismissed.

Platinum.

Social media is a hatred machine & it makes people feel they have to join the witch hunt or they'll be next.

He's surviving. It'll burn out.
Anony obviously wasn’t reading the letters page in the NME between 1992 and 1995. Racist was exactly the allegation being made about Morrissey week in, week out.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom