California Son: 4
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
The lowest ever first week sales for a morrissey album. Fanbase has crumbled by a staggering 70% in the two years since High School released. Decision to formally endorse a far-right political party turns out to be the stupidest, most destructive thing he's ever done. Make the most of having a new batch of Morrissey songs to listen to, folks. It's unlikely to ever happen again.
Looking at the chart positions of the recent string of albums, the tide is turning. Welcome back, Morrissey! Even though he never left us.

Man! This makes me so f***ing happy!

IMG-3103.png

IMG-3102.png

Looking at the chart positions of the recent string of albums, the tide is turning. Welcome back, Morrissey! Even though he never left us.
Chart positions don't count for a thing other than massaging the singer's ego. There is no payment awarded to artists because of the chart position - the bottom line is 100% about sales.
If your records were previously selling 25,000 and this drops to 6,000, you're going to get dropped by your record company. If no radio station will play your songs anymore (even when they're as good as Bobby and Knockabout) because of your perceived far-right and racist views, it's unlikely that anyone's ever going to sign you again.

6720 sales for Morrissey, the number 1 album by the Weekend sold 25677.
6720? That is just appalling. Nearly 2,000 less (LESS!) than California Son (considered by most round here to be his worst ever solo album).
I really hope Anne Marie Waters appreciated and benefited massively from Morrissey's endorsement because it has destroyed his career.

From Music Week:

After a three year absence, Morrissey returns to the albums chart with his 13th studio offering. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is the follow-up to 2017’s Low In High School and slides neatly into place at No.3 with 6,720 sales. It is his 15th solo Top 10 album in all and his first to reach the Top 3 since World Peace Is None Of Your Business reached No.2 in 2014.

Thanks but where did you get that info from?

music week

After a three year absence, Morrissey returns to the albums chart with his 13th studio offering. I Am Not A Dog On A Chain is the follow-up to 2017’s Low In High School and slides neatly into place at No.3 with 6,720 sales. It is his 15th solo Top 10 album in all and his first to reach the Top 3 since World Peace Is None Of Your Business reached No.2 in 2014.

Yeah, just 3 and a half decades of radio play and media support, a hugely successful former band and, of course, over 50 percent of the country turning out to be very, very right wing. That’s all it took to get to number 3.
A hugely succssful former band? Sorry, but Morrissey IS the Smiths. All of it: philosophy, aesthetics, lyrics, voice, attitude... You name it.

6720? That is just appalling. Nearly 2,000 less (LESS!) than California Son (considered by most round here to be his worst ever solo album).
I really hope Anne Marie Waters appreciated and benefited massively from Morrissey's endorsement because it has destroyed his career.

Fewer.

(Sorry)

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom