Humor: fan brings earplugs to Morrissey concert in case he talks - The Hard Times

Fan Brings Earplugs to Morrissey Concert in Case He Talks - The Hard Times

CHICAGO — Morrissey fan Elspeth Carter tucked a pair of earplugs into her jacket last night in prep for his upcoming concert, to protect herself from potentially “harmful sounds” if the aging musician spoke between songs, witnesses confirmed.

“I love Morrissey’s music, but you have to take care of your ears… not from the music, of course. I only put these in if it looks like he’s about to share an opinion,” said Carter, patting her pocket. “I can no longer just ignore the crap he says. I have to try to never even hear it.”
The 28-year-old kept a hawk-like eye on the musician between songs, ready to jam the construction-grade plugs into her ears at any point.

“I have these locked and loaded, just in case he slanders victims of sexual assault again,” said Carter. “But who knows, maybe he’ll take it easy tonight and just say something like, ‘The holocaust was justified because those people ate meat.’ I don’t know. Either way, I’m not risking hearing any of it.”

Dr. Candace Renaldo, an ENT who specializes in hearing loss, often advises young people to bring hearing protection to concerts.

“Loud music can permanently damage your hearing — anything over 85 decibels is dangerous,” said Dr. Renaldo. “Furthermore, listening to Morrissey talk for more than four seconds can permanently affect your ability to enjoy his music. Without protection, one might go to bed with his words ringing in one’s head, and never sleep again.”

41567_ears-768x403.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i will have to remember to close my eyes when reading the humorous threads in this forum, or else i laugh my head off again...

I work in the tunnel construction industry and use ear plugs as a nessecity,to hear that a set of ear plugs are " locked and loaded" reflects poorly on the individual that can make a statement like this.

sounds like a right nutbag.

sounds like a right nutbag.

"The Hard Times is a very real punk news site that you should not question. Just absorb the information as truth and move on. The historic satire site was founded in December 1982 at 171A studios while the founding members were eating broken glass with The Bad Brains. It’s made by a group of punk and hardcore kids from all the different sub-genres of the DIY hardcore scene. Any resemblance to actual persons or band names is coincidental."

Reckon I wear ear plugs when I know I will be on Jesse's side in front of his amp. His "distortion and feedback" shit he tries to get from his guitar during HSIN and Meat busted my right ear drum in 2007.

They need to call Ketamine Sun so she can tell them what he really meant.

The problem with that joke is that it isn't funny.

Jokes have some privileges, one of them is that they CAN be derogative... They have that "right".

But no Joke has the right to be boring... So it's a poor joke. A boring and bad written one.

"The Hard Times is a very real punk news site that you should not question. Just absorb the information as truth and move on. The historic satire site was founded in December 1982 at 171A studios while the founding members were eating broken glass with The Bad Brains. It’s made by a group of punk and hardcore kids from all the different sub-genres of the DIY hardcore scene. Any resemblance to actual persons or band names is coincidental."

” The Hard Times is a very real punk news site that you should not question. Just absorb the information as truth and move on.”

Ha, not question? Very pinky indeed.
I move on without absorbing any information as truth. It could be a lie after all. It is possible to absorb information just as information.

By the way, in case you didn’t notice, anything is questioned here, also the things that are not questionable.

The expression on the girls face is funny. Also a little bit pathetic.
But that is just my feeling.

It’s a good joke though but I suspect it isn’t meant that way.
Never mind.

Has anyone else in Los Angeles noticed that since he made those comments his name hasn’t been listed on the radio ad for KROQ Acoustic Christmas?

the talk between songs was always my favourite part of an M concert.

The only nutbag is morrissey. It's starting to be fiasko per day now. And it still isn't David Tseng's fault that the morrissey news here are almost always negative. There wasn't negative news 15 years ago. Der spiegel story, morrissey didn't comment that story when it came out, he commented just after he didn't make to brit top 3, he commented after fans were angry and after they said no thanks in Buenos aires. Moz says true to you comes from his lips, but he has proven to be big class liar for long time. I'll rather believe the Italian police and Der spiegel. Moz was my whole life in the 90's. But i don't recognize him anymore, his views are very opposite than mine. I still enjoy his music, 90's albums.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom