how will morrissey be remembered in 50 Years?

justme

Love me outside!
I was reading some of the posts on the main page, regarding DQ's "review" of Moz's GHs. The journalist oppinion and some comments made think whether it is becoming trendy to aknowleadge that The Smiths were good (even if you hated them at the time) and early Moz Stuff was also classic (although many journalists didn't like the songs at the time either) and the more recent work (Quarry and ROTT) is not as good and Moz is loosing it - whataver that means.

Of course Art should never be evaluated on the light of fashion and prejudice but it always is. And as Wilde and Keats were sometimes mocked in their time, but generally considered as genius after their death, I was wondering whether something simmilar will happen to our Moz.

So how do you think he will be remembered in 50 years?

I love all his work. I dunno why.

I mean, I think I might be the only person to enjoy THPGU and I adore All You Need Is Me.

=| If I'm still alive in 50 years I'll still love all his work...

THPGU is one of my favourite songs, easily.
Quarry is what first made me fall in love with him so I value that very highly
and I'm the same as Renia, I love all his work - there's nothing to dislike, it's just so true.

In 50 years I really hope he's still alive ... I'm actually terrified of him dying.

and I'm the same as Renia, I love all his work - there's nothing to dislike, it's just so true.

In 50 years I really hope he's still alive ... I'm actually terrified of him dying.

Oh I'm positively terrified of him dying as well. =| I dread the day. I know it has to happen, but I dread it all the same. D:

I know I'll be unconsolable for days when it happens.

But! He's in good health! So I don't think he'll be going off and dying anytime soon. ;D

uhhhh, in 50 years Moz will be like, 98 years old. he's healthy, but he's probably not that healthy.

uhhhh, in 50 years Moz will be like, 98 years old. he's healthy, but he's probably not that healthy.

But can't you see him dancing around on stage in a wheelchair? Spinning around and still doing some cordwhips?

Okay yea that'd be a bit weird. =| But somehow I can see him still attempting to perform despite people telling him he's too old too, (if he was still alive that is.) because he just loves performing so much.

I just hope he knows his limit. It would be really horrible if he pushed himself too hard...

But can't you see him dancing around on stage in a wheelchair? Spinning around and still doing some cordwhips?

Okay yea that'd be a bit weird. =| But somehow I can see him still attempting to perform despite people telling him he's too old too, (if he was still alive that is.) because he just loves performing so much.

I just hope he knows his limit. It would be really horrible if he pushed himself too hard...

silly old man, that silly old man,
making a fool of himself,
get off the stage

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

haha no. when I imagine 98 year old Moz, I see him sitting in a rocking chair, in a Cosby sweater, and cute little glasses. reading. and drinking tea.

actually, he probably does that now. sans Cosby sweater.

haha no. when I imagine 98 year old Moz, I see him sitting in a rocking chair, in a Cosby sweater, and cute little glasses. reading. and drinking tea.

Awww... that's such a cute image. xD With a little tray of bisquits next to him!

I hope I'm still alive in 50 years. I'm actually terrified of me dying :o

Moz and I will be at the bingo table in the old folks home -drooling on eachother and rockin our Depends. :guitar:

He will be remembered as one of the last, and best, artists in a form of popular culture, called "rock and roll", that vanished in the early twenty-first century.

I hope I'm still alive in 50 years. I'm actually terrified of me dying :o

I was gonna say I hope *I* am NOT around in 50 years time!

I had a dream some months ago that I was really old (in my 90s) and that I was sad because I was reminiscing back when Moz had died. In my dream, Moz had died several years ago when I was a certain age, so I had caculated he was 89 or 90-something, dying somewhere between the end of May and the end of September. The most disturbing thing about the dream was that I had made it into my 90s. What the hell happened? :mad:

Moz and I will be at the bingo table in the old folks home -drooling on eachother and rockin our Depends. :guitar:

I originally misread the "Depends" as "Depeche (Mode)" when I skimmed it. Yeah, but will you really be rockin' DM (as in Depeche, not Diabetes Mellitus) at that age? :p

Anyroad, Moz will be an even greater legend as time goes on. He will have more fans in death than he had in life. He will be to Britain what Elvis was to the US.

Anyroad, Moz will be an even greater legend as time goes on. He will have more fans in death than he had in life. He will be to Britain what Elvis was to the US.

I think so too...it took a 7 year gap for people to miss him and realise how great he is and listen to his music again, so one day he will be recognised for the genius he is and his lyrics quoted to death.

As for us (the ones around) we can tell stories about the gigs and the frink thread :eek::D

I really like his last two albuns A LOT and All you need is me as well :o - also, I have great faith in his next album :guitar:

He wont be remembered by me, cause i'll probably be dead by then. Thanks for reminding me of my mortality..:)

Back
Top Bottom