How many of you are vegetarians?

Baby steps through clever advertising addressing factory farming. Getting the idea planted into cool kids heads that eating meat is not good. I fully approve of this ad and what Chipotle is doing. This aired during the Grammy's last night, It's too long for a regular spot, but this is a VERY important message in the fight to end factory farming.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/chipotle?v=aMfSGt6rHos[/video]

I'm not saying the message is perfect because there's still a dead animal in the crate he loads onto the truck, but like I say. Baby steps. Raising awareness of the inhumanity of factory farming. Instilling empathy with each bite of chicken taco until the thought occurs, "Oh, maybe I shouldn't be eating this chicken taco to begin with."

Hey if we can make zombies popular...:cool:

Last edited:
I think they focus should be on banning halal slaughter first as that is beyond cruel and just based on religion but not backed up by the the Koran. Same goes for women covering their faces which isn't backed up by the Koran either.

Problem with accusing all meat productions to be bad is that there are small scale businesses which are run in the right way. Also the people like Morrissey owe it to other people to inform them what they need when they opt to leave the meat out. Illness among non meat eaters is still kept in the dark and I personally only respect non meat eaters that do it out of a health reason but people like Morrissey are just complete mad and just the same as any members of some weird cult.

We should ban all burger companies though but then we would have to shut down USA.

Same goes for women covering their faces which isn't backed up by the Koran either.

It is backed up by the Quran over and over again: Quran 33:59, Quran 24:31, Quran 33:55.

Problem with accusing all meat productions to be bad is that there are small scale businesses which are run in the right way.

Problem with statements like these is that the word "right" is highly subjective.

And who determines the "right way" to slaughter animals, you? Or the same book that teaches people the "right way" to treat their slaves?

Maybe what is obviously the "right way" to you means shit to people who don't subscribe to the notion of absolute morality.

But I might be wrong.

If loving meat is wrong, i don't wanna be right!!!! LOL

I like that song! I do like a good veggie burger though! Dr Praeger's kept me going when I was preggers!

And I don't get gassy when eating vegan ice cream! Still goes straight to my tiny thighs though!

It is backed up by the Quran over and over again: Quran 33:59, Quran 24:31, Quran 33:55.

Problem with statements like these is that the word "right" is highly subjective.

And who determines the "right way" to slaughter animals, you? Or the same book that teaches people the "right way" to treat their slaves?

Maybe what is obviously the "right way" to you means shit to people who don't subscribe to the notion of absolute morality.

But I might be wrong.

This is exactly the reason why muslims are being questioned over and over again as they themselves sometimes say that things are backed up the Koran and other muslims say it is not. It is like with the Bible, things are interpreted differently and the fundamentalists use this uncertainty to defend the right to use customs that are cruel and plain stupid.

If loving meat is wrong, i don't wanna be right!!!! LOL

I like that song! I do like a good veggie burger though! Dr Praeger's kept me going when I was preggers!

And I don't get gassy when eating vegan ice cream! Still goes straight to my tiny thighs though!

Milk is a killer and should be avoided at all cost and I would suggest it got labelled as poison and got forbidden. Soya instead of milk any day.

This is exactly the reason why muslims are being questioned over and over again as they themselves sometimes say that things are backed up the Koran and other muslims say it is not.

It's in the book. Whether you like it or not, the idea of women covering their bodies is in the book.

It is like with the Bible, things are interpreted differently and the fundamentalists use this uncertainty to defend the right to use customs that are cruel and plain stupid.

Same way people come up with arbitrary "right ways" to slaughter animals, from an anthropocentric point of view, even though the whole process is obviously gruesome.

Those verses relate the importance of wearing hijab for women, but the face and hands are not generally considered part of a woman's 'awrah, so it's not obligatory that they be covered. Women who do wear the niqab do so often to emulate the wives of the Prophet Muhammad, who covered their faces in public. As far as I'm aware, the consensus among most Sunni scholars is that covering the face is not fardh.

Last edited:
Those verses relate the importance of wearing hijab for women, but the face and hands are not generally considered part of a woman's 'awrah, so it's not obligatory that they be covered. Women who do wear the niqab do so often to emulate the wives of the Prophet Muhammad, who covered their faces in public. As far as I'm aware, the consensus among most Sunni scholars is that covering the face is not fardh.

Just like any other ridiculous ancient book written by cavemen, it can be interpreted in many ways. Still, we can't deny the rules about how women should be covered exist in the book and they are there for one simple reason: for the followers of this book, women are inferior.

We can go into the details of wearing niqab, hijab or how a certain bearded old men interpret these pearls of wisdom, but I don't think we can disagree that in the end, it's all about sexist bullshit.

Yeah well, we've had this debate a lot on tv here in Sweden and the muslims cannot even agree to disagree over these issues and what their holy book says. I'm just tired of religion turning the clocks back and that society choose to listen to people who prefer living in caves and turning women into furniture.

These people covering themselves are the same as the KKK and they feel a need to use this sort of legal provocation to show that they exist. So far in Sweden these women who obey their men have been refused to work when covering themselves. A woman had it tried in court and lost.

As far as animal cruelty goes we've gone from one extreme to an even more extreme one of killing them and that is typical human somehow as we let things like religion make something worse instead of finding more humane ways of doing it.

I have always said that the muslims might have a small fundamentalist core but we will still have to fight them in a war in the future and therefor I believe that the manifest written by norwegian mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik will turn out to be true. It is just a matter of time until that happens.

I will now avoid anymore discussions when it comes to muslims as I have made the decision to not let them affect my personal life and when they manage that then it is time to do something drastic about it. I am sure that if I get to live as long as the average people do then I will see what that manifest foresees happening right before me and I will not be surprised at all.

Tags
*check out the b12 deficiency dsitehatesu2 flax is god flax is sexy ihatethissite ii do too just one of me killmeat meat is dinner meat is murder meat stick mmm chicken veggie brigade
Back
Top Bottom