How many of you are vegetarians?

f*** you. Everyone can eat whatever they want to. Who the f*** are you to judge? I suppose you fully support the companies that keep underpaid migrant workers on the payroll, essentially forcing them to live in 3rd world conditions around the world, so you can afford your cheap veggies.

Or the sweatshops in Asia that make your clothes. Or the oil companies that support countries' "rights" to bleed their people dry, keeping their oil money for themselves while forcing the workers to live in conditions you can't dream of.

You have choices, too. You could grow your own flock of sheep and knit your sweaters, or grow your own veggies in your backyard, or ride a bicycle/walk instead of using any type of petrol-based transportation (or petrol-based products like plastic, nylon, etc). But you know what? You choose to exploit those people who have no control of their own lives - just like the rest of us do.

You f***ing assholes like to pick and choose your righteous causes, and then judge everyone else.

So if we could eradicate all of the exploitations you mention here, and have a fair/just world where NOONE is exploited, NOTHING is polluted, etc etc,
what would be your EXCUSE for eating meat then?

You f***ing assholes like to pick and choose your righteous causes, and then judge everyone else.

You is on da wrong website:

MeatMurder.jpg

you should take a leaf out of Mr Ghost's book and learn how to be more polite and somewhat elegant in putting your point across; as at the moment your point it is that of a 'pleb'.

I've run across a weird moralistic, meat-eating conundrum I can't wrap my mind around, what do you guys think?

I have a friend who refuses to eat meat. But she has self-proclaimed that "It's not because I don't want to eat animals or care for their welfare, I just don't like the taste of it." :squiffy: In other areas she's profoundly selfish and strives to get things her way, mealtime is one of those areas so it works out to be around her because we eat vegetarian, but since it's coming from a non-animal-welfare place, does it count?

I've run across a weird moralistic, meat-eating conundrum I can't wrap my mind around, what do you guys think?

I have a friend who refuses to eat meat. But she has self-proclaimed that "It's not because I don't want to eat animals or care for their welfare, I just don't like the taste of it." :squiffy: In other areas she's profoundly selfish and strives to get things her way, mealtime is one of those areas so it works out to be around her because we eat vegetarian, but since it's coming from a non-animal-welfare place, does it count?

IMHO your friend is totally irrelevant to the discussion.

IMHO your friend is totally irrelevant to the discussion.

Huh. Okay.

I think what you meant to say is the question I postulated about my friend is irrelevant to the discussion which isn't exactly a "humble opinion," but I can take a hint.

Last edited:
Really? Because this is a thread about vegetarianism. Maybe it's not consistent with the interchange going on at this precise moment, but I wouldn't say it was irrelevant at all.

CG's friend is not a vegetarian, but doesn't eat meat because she doesn't like the taste.

Also CG said that her friend doesn't care about animal welfare.
I assume she wears leather and fur.
If she accidentally ate a piece of meat and found it tasty, she'd start eating meat.

Last edited:
CG's friend is not a vegetarian, but doesn't eat meat because she doesn't like the taste.

Also CG said that her friend doesn't care about animal welfare.
If she accidentally ate a piece of meat and found it tasty, she'd start eating meat.

Yes, I got that, but it still fits in with the thread in general because it involves vegetarianism. I don't see what's so wrong about introducing a different but still relevant topic and wanting to discuss it. Surely people should be able to post something that adds to the thread without others leaping in and telling them it's completely irrelevant for the sheer sake of it. I actually find that pretty damn rude.

Last edited:
Yes, I got that, but it still fits in with the thread in general because it involves vegetarianism. I don't see what's so wrong about introducing a different but still relevant topic and wanting to discuss it. Surely people should be able to post something that adds to the thread without others leaping in and telling them it's completely irrelevant for the sheer sake of it.

Can you explain to me how come it involves vegetarianism?

This woman is not a vegetarian, just doesn't like taste of meat.
She might eat fish and other food which contains animal fat, gelatin etc.
She doesn't care about animal welfare or ethics, however, it is her personal choice because she does not enjoy the taste.

Last edited:

She doesn't care about animal welfare or ethics, however, it is her personal choice because she does not enjoy the taste.
More to the point they didn't say whether she was a Smiths fan which if she isn't makes her totally irrelevant to this topic on here.

If the person is a vegetarian, they are a vegetarian. You can like incense without being a Catholic.

More to the point they didn't say whether she was a Smiths fan which if she isn't makes her totally irrelevant to this topic on here.
Exactly.

If the person is a vegetarian, they are a vegetarian. You can like incense without being a Catholic.

Two different arguments you're mixed up.

A Catholic person is a person who was born in a Catholic family although he / she decided not to practice.
You cannot change your biological parents and stuff relate to them.

Apart from some religions which forbid eating meat and fish, usually vegetarianism is a life style choice based on ethics / animal welfare.

Last edited:
Hey look! It turns out the topic is worthy of discussion on this thread. :D Thanks Kewpie. :flowers:

Exactly.

A Catholic person is a person who was born in a Catholic family although he / she decided not to practice.

Apart from some religions which forbid eating meat and fish, usually vegetarianism is a life style choice based on ethics / animal welfare.

My point was that the same action can be performed for philosophical or practical reasons. The idea that all vegetarians choose to be vegetarians because of ethics is false and that was the point of CG's post, and the reason it was relevant to the discussion.

You're right that a significant number of vegetarians have ethical issues with eating meat, but some have health, financial, circumstantial or preferential reasons. Accepting this is a GOOD thing. It is a normal thing not to eat meat.

Not really, we are not discussing your friend, pointing out the obvious.

I wasn't discussing my friend either, Kewpie. I was discussing the topic of vegetarianism.

Exactly.

Actually, no, it's not. It simply means eating neither meat or fish, and in some cases animal products (dictionary definition). Also, the point that CG's friend isn't a Morrissey fan is irrelevant since most of this thread isn't about that. Her original post actually raised a pretty interesting point about intent and ethics, and I would have thought people might want to discuss and debate that instead of nitpicking, but that's just me. :straightface: I agree with Dave on pretty much everything here.

when I was forced to eat meat as a child I never liked the taste, does that make me less of a vegetarian?
I think it matters not whether she does it for health or for moral reasons the important issue is that she does not willingly cause death and suffering and that ALWAYS a good thing.

Also I know of a LOT of 'moral' vegetarians who couldnt give a stuff about using leather etc, so they, (by your argument Kewpie) are just as un veggie as this girl is.

Tags
*check out the b12 deficiency dsitehatesu2 flax is god flax is sexy ihatethissite ii do too just one of me killmeat meat is dinner meat is murder meat stick mmm chicken veggie brigade
Back
Top Bottom