How many of you are vegetarians?

as xfranklyx stated, Daiya cheese is excellent! Sheese is a good alternative as well. Has anyone mentioned the recent Conklin Dairy incident? That is enough to make any vegetarian swear off dairy products and become vegan for life...

For those who cannot give up pizza, tofurkey has just come up with a vegan version using Daiya cheese of all things.
Conklin Dairy incident????? do tell, or would we probably rather not know?

I know, just thought id have my 2 pences worth. :)
That's 10p worth!:p

I think he sounds silly. Like, how about that interview where a squirrel came near Morrissey during the talk and Morrissey claimed it was because the squirrel could sense he was a kind soul? Um, squirrels come up close to me and I eat meat. It's of absolutely no concern at all to the squirrels in my yard that I eat meat. Or how about that interview where Morrissey claimed that whenever he sees roadkill he gets out of his car and pulls the animal to the side of the road because the animal may just be knocked unconscious? Does anyone believe for one second that Morrissey really does that? But the funniest was when Morrissey stated he was a huge fan of New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd until he read her saying that she ate some chicken. That's funny on two levels. For one, it's sad he considered Maureen Dowd a writer worth hyping as one of his faves. For two, the reason he turned off to her was even more pathetic. He said he could not like her writing anymore because the thought of her eating a piece of fried chicken made her seem like some kind of sicko comparable to a cannibal. Actually, that shows a rather sick intolerance on Morrissey's part.

I agree, if he wants to be respected as a vegetarian he should respect those who aren't vegetarian otherwise he's being a hypocrite.

Also if his opinion of Marureen's writing changed purely based on the fact that she ate some chicken then he's being an idiot. What she eats has nothing to do with her writing skills and not liking someone because they eat something you don't eat is pretty low.

Last edited:
Conklin Dairy incident????? do tell, or would we probably rather not know?
here it is. i warn anyone about to watch this video, it very disturbing.
welcome to factory farming. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYTkM1OHFQg

as xfranklyx stated, Daiya cheese is excellent! Sheese is a good alternative as well. Has anyone mentioned the recent Conklin Dairy incident? That is enough to make any vegetarian swear off dairy products and become vegan for life...

For those who cannot give up pizza, tofurkey has just come up with a vegan version using Daiya cheese of all things.

daiya, sheese, teeze, are all good but unfort not always easy to find. follow your heart and tofutti slices are ok and really easy to find. besides the ones mentinoed, always double check veggie cheese that you find, some are not even vegetarian because they have stomach lining of a cow in it. gross right.

Last edited:
imo...
moz needs to man up an just go vegan!!!!!

im sure he can live without those cheeze-its!

Last edited:
For anyone who isn't veggie/vegan, I would suggest watching the film EARTHLINGS. It will change your life.

You can watch the trailer here:

http://www.earthlings.com/

and then the full movie here:

http://www.earthlings.com/earthlings/video-full.php

“We must not refuse with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” - Gretchen Wyler

Yes, I remember when I saw this I was really happy that they touched on the pet industry because a lot of these types of animal docu's don't do that, and it's just as important. I have such strong feelings about buying animals (esp. dogs) from breeders/pet shops. etc., and what you see in this film shows exactly why. I did countless argumentative/persuasive papers for college courses about why spaying and neutering should be mandatory if you own a pet, and I don't understand how someone that really loves animals can question that? That goes for my parents, who I have constantly criticised, fought with, and yelled at for always getting their pet dogs through breeders, and I still can't change their stubborn concepts about it. Even though I love all of their dogs, it still makes me so angry! I have two rescue dogs of 7 and 5, who still live back in California because they are banned in the country I live in now (and don't even get me started on breed legislation...), and I could never, ever imagine not getting a rescue pet.

I agree, if he wants to be respected as a vegetarian he should respect those who aren't vegetarian otherwise he's being a hypocrite.

Also if his opinion of Marureen's writing changed purely based on the fact that she ate some chicken then he's being an idiot. What she eats has nothing to do with her writing skills and not liking someone because they eat something you don't eat is pretty low.

i dont think he cares if he is respected as a vegetarian. he is straight up about it and thats what i love about him. also for him not liking someone cause they eat meat is totally understandable.
ive stopped talking to people because they eat meat. and when you look up to someone and then find out they eat meat, it is a super bummer and its hard to respect them.

i know for me, i dont care what people think of me, especially being vegan. i think the world should be vegan and until every animal is free i will preach and being almost a complete douche bag ahole about out.

if i found out moz started eating meat it would be goodbye moz.
i def have no tolerance for people that used to be vegan and/or vegetarian and then they decide to eat meat.

viva xvx!

i think shoes would be his downfall not cheese... he's easier to aspire to as a vegetarian. He should go vegan, but still claim to be vegetarian.;)
have you seen his rider "Morrissey's rider at the Quart Festival in Kristiansand:

"A pot of tea with two china cups, a bread knife, tissue paper, three candles (from natural products), a Gillette Mach 3 Turbo razor, kosher cheese, organic milk, twelve bottles of Volvic or Fiji water, real butter, marmelade, organic potato chips (crisps), fruit bowl with oranges and bananas, Uncle Sam breakfast cereal, a packet of raisins, two bottles of soy milk, two loaves of bread, eight large towels, eight small towels."
who knows what else.

plus i think he only wears man made shoes now(hopefully).

i dont think he cares if he is respected as a vegetarian. he is straight up about it and thats what i love about him. also for him not liking someone cause they eat meat is totally understandable.
ive stopped talking to people because they eat meat. and when you look up to someone and then find out they eat meat, it is a super bummer and its hard to respect them.

i know for me, i dont care what people think of me, especially being vegan. i think the world should be vegan and until every animal is free i will preach and being almost a complete douche bag ahole about out.

if i found out moz started eating meat it would be goodbye moz.
i def have no tolerance for people that used to be vegan and/or vegetarian and then they decide to eat meat.

viva xvx!

I LIKE you. :thumb:

Has anyone else seen this article in The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/31/malaysia-minister-animal-testing

Apparently, a chief state minister in Malaysia thinks animals were made just for humans to test on - so he's approving the building of a 'super-lab'. What a t***. I can't even put into words how angry I am.

:tears: That's f***ing horrible. Recently I have started being really careful about what I buy in terms of cosmetics and such. Not everything I own is there yet, but it's certainly something I've become more aware of and concerned about in the past 6 months or so. I try to think more carefully now about what price these animals pay just so we can have our little luxuries, and even though some non-tested products are a bit more expensive, a few extra pennies pales in comparison.

Last edited:
I LIKE you. :thumb:
1. oh kay & thank you.
2. but, it is not possible & im sorry you feel this way.
c. you must be lacking B12
;)

i am spending warm summer days in doors.

1. oh kay & thank you.
2. but, it is not possible & im sorry you feel this way.
c. you must be lacking B12
;)

i am spending warm summer days in doors.

me too dear, me too. :rolleyes:

I'm a vegan because I love the taste of tofu.

Oh, I love tofu, it's so versatile. I had the marinaded Cauldron cubes with peppercorn sauce the other night, and when I stir-fried it I added some spring onions and mushrooms. :yum:

mmmm! that sounds great!

I'm going to have it with steamed vegetables, brown rice, and miso sauce tonight. :)

Tags
*check out the b12 deficiency dsitehatesu2 flax is god flax is sexy ihatethissite ii do too just one of me killmeat meat is dinner meat is murder meat stick mmm chicken veggie brigade
Back
Top Bottom