How likely is Moz to autograph my vinyl?

TheResident

Hello people!
I have a question, Morrissey is coming to town soon and I have an album on vinyl of Morrissey standing in RIGHT IN FRONT of my house, and one where he's couple of feet away from it.
I was wondering if he's usually cordial with his fans :/ One of them is an LP bootleg, do you think he'll mind?
Please, let me know!!
Many thanks!

Hello people!
I have a question, Morrissey is coming to town soon and I have an album on vinyl of Morrissey standing in RIGHT IN FRONT of my house, and one where he's couple of feet away from it.
I was wondering if he's usually cordial with his fans :/ One of them is an LP bootleg, do you think he'll mind?
Please, let me know!!
Many thanks!

I don't think he has much fan interaction honestly but who knows. My guess would be not likely

I think you'd have a better chance if you saw him in the street. The few times I've seen him as they enter the venue he walks right in.

If he is prepared to stop and sign a few items I'd say you have a great chance. He likes that type of odd stuff. I got him to sign my copy of Education in Reverse (Viva Hate) and he took a good look at it and just smiled and gently made a 'tsk tsk' sound before signing it. The other time I met him we actually discussed bootlegs and he didn't seem to mind that they were out there and available to the fans.

Personally I think he'll just be pleased to be signing vinyl :lbf:

*If* you manage to get access to him, in a situation where he will stop and sign things, I'm sure he will have no issues signing a bootleg (unless, perhaps, he really hates the cover photo). It's actually getting hold of him that will be tricky. He is usually ushered very quickly into and out of the venue by his security goons, and doesn't normally stop to sign anything or interact with the fans at all - so finding that opportunity will be tough.

In 1997, outside of Kleinhan's Music Hall in Buffalo, my friend and I were the only ones waiting pre-show at a little used side entrance to the Hall when he pulled up. My friend had a broken foot and was on crutches, and there was literally a snow storm, but Morrissey stopped and took a photo with me and had a brief talk chat about what I can't remember. He was pretty shy, but we took a nice photo of him and I with my arm around him. It would have been lovely had I not taken it with a disposable camera and had not forgotten to wind it up before getting it developed. It was ruined.

Afterwards, however, the story takes a more sinister turn. I had camped out previously for great seats and was of course sitting (standing by the show), first row. So of course during the encore (Shoplifters) I jumped on stage. Being a larger man (almost 200cm), I was quickly tackled by multiple security staff, placed in a chokehold, and thrown out of the venue.

By that time a few people were outside waiting for Moz to leave so I joined them. However, as the show ended, Morrissey's head staffer came out and fore warned me, and only me, to stay the $#%$ away from Moz as he headed into his car. I don't know til this day if it was because I crashed the stage like a bull, or the fact that I was the only nutter to wait in a snowstorm for a photo, likely both.. But it was odd.

Sorry bout the diatribe.

Back
Top Bottom