How do you eat jaffa cakes?

how do you eat jaffa cakes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hatfull

HIM-full
I realise some of you may not eat them, but I was just sitting here, picking the chocolate off the top of my jaffa cake at the weekend and thoroughly enjoying it too, when my husband informed me that I was eating it incorrectly :confused: so, how do you all eat them then? See poll for details! I nibble the edges, pick off the jelly and chocolate, eat the rest of the sponge, munch the chocolate and then eat the jaffa bit! Yummy! :D

As long as it ends up in your mouth that's OK to me! :D
haha! I love to take my time with them! It does mean hubby could eat more in less time though, probably :(

I think you already know where I stand, on this: Down In One! (unless you're trying to look slightly more genteel in front of people when you have to just have to nibble at it, in order to look a bit normal)

Darling, you haven't voted in your own poll!

I realise some of you may not eat them, but I was just sitting here, picking the chocolate off the top of my jaffa cake at the weekend and thoroughly enjoying it too, when my husband informed me that I was eating it incorrectly :confused: so, how do you all eat them then? See poll for details! I nibble the edges, pick off the jelly and chocolate, eat the rest of the sponge, munch the chocolate and then eat the jaffa bit! Yummy! :D

I eat it exactly the same as you.

I bite all round the edge till there`s just the big bit in the middle.The i pick the chocolate off.Then eat the rest, the orangey bit, except for two little bits that I give the Cavs as they sit there looking up at me with their big doggy eyes and i feel so bad if I don`t give them a bit.:)

I bite all round the edge till there`s just the big bit in the middle.The i pick the chocolate off.Then eat the rest, the orangey bit, except for two little bits that I give the Cavs as they sit there looking up at me with their big doggy eyes and i feel so bad if I don`t give them a bit.:)
yep, it's a girl thing. So I'm amazed hubby doesn't eat them this way too!

I'd say in three bites, but that's not an option :p
so I'll go whole

The mini ones are good...you can have one in each cheek.:D

I've never had a jaffa cake, nor even heard of it. Am I missing out in life?

I read there's something in Britain called an eccles (sp?) cake, and I'd like to try that.

I nibble the edges, pick off the jelly and chocolate, eat the rest of the sponge, munch the chocolate and then eat the jaffa bit! Yummy! :D

The same :D

I've never had a jaffa cake, nor even heard of it. Am I missing out in life?

I read there's something in Britain called an eccles (sp?) cake, and I'd like to try that.

Yes you are, the Jaffa cake is the king of cake/biscuit type things :p

Well, if I'm in a hurry I'll bite straight in and eat them in a couple of mouthsful, but to savour the great Cake of Jaffa properly, I swirl my tongue round and round the chocolate covering of the orangey bit, until it's all melted and licked off. Then I either nibble gently around the edges to get at the rest of the chocolate, then bite into the vestigal sponge topped with the orangey bit, or if I'm feeling adventurous, I slip my tongue around and beneath the edges of the orangey bit, carefully loosening it so that it eventually slips onto my tongue to be savoured as it melts. Then I return to the chocolatey base and bite gently at it, feeling the sponge give as my teeth close around it.

Did I mention I like Jaffa Cakes? :)

I love jaffa cakes! I miss them, when I lived near London I would buy them all the time. Sometimes I get them here too but they are expensive. I eat them slowly because I love them so much.

Back
Top Bottom