Houston White Oak show - now postponed until October 28, 2019

Show has been postponed till oct 28th no reason given yet. Uuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh

From White Oak FB (see full FAQ posted by Famous when dead in comments):

"Well this really sucks. We've been working through the weather to make this show happen & just learned Morrissey and Interpol will not be playing tonight. Here’s the deal — the entire show is postponed until October 28th. Your ticket for tonight will be valid for the rescheduled date.

We know there’s a lot of questions here, so we hope this answers them:

Q. Wait...What’s going on?
A. From Moz --

"Due to complications from the extreme flood conditions in the Houston area, the Morrissey / Interpol concert set to take place tonight has been re-scheduled for Oct 28th.
It was determined to move the event in consideration and respect of the troubles that people in the area have recently encountered.
It is the group’s wishes that the rescheduled date can better serve all who would like to come to the event.
Morrissey’s team reached the decision after hearing that a number of ticket buyers were having issues attending tonight’s event, along with information of current road closures and other related problematic details.
The team would like to express their deepest apologies for any inconvenience to the fans.

Link to tweet posted by NealCassidy:

full

UPDATE Sep. 22:

Link posted by countthree:

Houston. - Morrissey Central

Due to complications from the extreme flood conditions in the Houston area, the Morrissey / Interpol concert due to take place tonight has been re-scheduled for October 28th. It was determined to move the event in consideration of the troubles people in the area have encountered this week. It is the group's wishes that the rescheduled date can better serve all who would like to come to the event. Morrissey's team reached the decision after hearing that a number of ticket buyers were having issues attending tonight's event, along with information of road closures and other related problematic details. All tickets originally purchased for September 21st will be honored on October 28th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose Moz & co were less dedicated than you, and couldn't be bothered to drive through the flooded streets of Houston. Bummer. I suppose some of the more casual fans would not bother to show up n these circumstances, hence Morrissey would be playing for a half empty venue and he doesn't like that. I just wonder why they couldn't reach this decision earlier?

5 other shows in Houston went ahead. Those flooded streets, eh?

How many shows has he “postponed” and they never happened? I’ve seen him a ton but only in LA and Mexico...which he rarely cancels

Last edited:
Ok the storm was mainly on the east side of Houston....fact
We have eye witness from people that came from new orleans I'll say it again New orleans which is on the east side...fact
We had eyewitness people at the show from all over Houston who admitted all road water had receded....fact
Then there is me who also drove from the east side of texas who didnt catch any water over roads....fact
How much more facts do you need bc I can keep going. And another fact
Storm was thursday ,so he was aware of it at least by Friday ....fact
I'm done again....was only mad because of short notice when he had plenty of news and resources to make the call earlier....I'm not a hater Morrissey will always be my favorite. And it's time to move on ......
you left out FACT on your last sentence.keeping saying FACT doesn't mean its right.the one thing no one has mentioned on here is that there is another group involved,im sure if Interpol thought it was bullplop then they would have refused to reschedule but theres been no complaint from them.

.the one thing no one has mentioned on here is that there is another group involved,im sure if Interpol thought it was bullplop then they would have refused to reschedule but theres been no complaint from them.

Do you really think that the 'Pol have any say about what goes on with this tour? Especially since Morrissey has a great history of coping well with others contradicting him.

That is indeed true. But he still didn't have to guts to say that the tour was cancelled, even though nothing about it was mentioned ever again.

Correct, he’s an absolute twat when it come to communication with his fans on cancellations/postponements.

Liam Gallagher had to cancel a show last month and he personally communicated via twitter on the reasons why.

Do you really think that the 'Pol have any say about what goes on with this tour? Especially since Morrissey has a great history of coping well with others contradicting him.
well theyr grown men and they can make their own decisions,the way you are talking M has them handcuffed in the boot of the tour bus.

your wrong,i had my yearly bath last week.

He never set new dates unlike this one and Canada

:lbf:

it doesnt compute in the Skinny pseudonym mindset. The shows are cancelled despite being rescheduled and taking place.:lbf:
there must not be a Koran verse that deals with rescheduled shows.:rock:

has the butcher pseudonym ponied up his dumb commentary yet? with the dumb
little :forkknife:?

what knobs:flamethrow:

o_O

first old time skinny troll barnaby comes out of retirement to post quaint nonsense and now
the eldritch pseudonym makes an appearance.

dont send in the clowns they are all here.o_O

o_O

first old time skinny troll barnaby comes out of retirement to post quaint nonsense and now
the eldritch pseudonym makes an appearance.

dont send in the clowns they are all here.o_O

Has anyone done a separate thread anywhere with all the skinny-pseudonyms identified/listed, or are these things just common knowledge gained over time?

I can resolve yr final point but I'm prepared also to give Moz the benefit of the doubt wrt this situation...

...it takes guts to be gentle & kind.
Morrissey is waaaaaaaaay past the point of deserving the benefit of the doubt in any show cancellation circumstance. Quite the opposite, in fact. People should immediately assume that whatever the excuse given is complete and utter bullshit.

For me, the tipping point was when he canceled a show in San Francisco due to illness and was photographed later that same night out drinking.

Morrissey is waaaaaaaaay past the point of deserving the benefit of the doubt in any show cancellation circumstance.

For me, the tipping point was when he canceled [sic] a show in San Francisco due to illness
  • He hasn't cancelled, it has been postponed

"photographed later that same night out drinking"

• ...I'll put this in the 'fake news' box, & give photoshop credits to Skinny-wipe, while singing "Stop watching the news, Because the news contrives to frighten you, To make you feel small and alone, To make you feel that your mind isn't your own"

"photographed later that same night out drinking"

• ...I'll put this in the 'fake news' box, & give photoshop credits to Skinny-wipe, while singing "Stop watching the news, Because the news contrives to frighten you, To make you feel small and alone, To make you feel that your mind isn't your own"

Okay.

Has anyone done a separate thread anywhere with all the skinny-pseudonyms identified/listed, or are these things just common knowledge gained over time?

Do you realise you have been taken in by the site troll, who has never been to a Morrissey gig or bought one of his records. He only gets away with posting the shit that he does due to David allowing anything to be posted on here.

Skinny is just Skinny and has no need to post under different names, he was also one of the site moderators for a long time.

Do you realise you have been taken in by the site troll, who has never been to a Morrissey gig or bought one of his records. He only gets away with posting the shit that he does due to David allowing anything to be posted on here.

Skinny is just Skinny and has no need to post under different names, he was also one of the site moderators for a long time.

This is true. I never, ever post under any other user name.

Sit back, light a cigar, pour yourself a single malt, and watch the loons do their looning and tin-foil hatting. One thing you know about me, whatever you think about me. I am consistent, I stick to my positions, and I despise racists and bigots. That's it.

you left out FACT on your last sentence.keeping saying FACT doesn't mean its right.the one thing no one has mentioned on here is that there is another group involved,im sure if Interpol thought it was bullplop then they would have refused to reschedule but theres been no complaint from them.
Interpol is lucky they are involved in this, other wise they would be playing upstairs in the WOMH AREA They will do what ever Morrissey tells them. ....PS I THOUGHT FACT IS PROOF TO BE RIGHT.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom