Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
My copy finally came in the post today (I'm British). Out of curiosity did any of your copies have completely knackered inner sleeves? Both of mine have LARGE splits along the bottom and one sleeve was particularly bad; two corners were folded as much as physically possible and were covered in black marks! The record was still sealed but I have never known a "mint" "factory-sealed" copy be in such a state!

Forgot to mention the top-right corner of the outer-sleeve is creased as well, but I consider that as pretty minor considering all the problems with HotTopic

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

My copy finally came in the post today (I'm British). Out of curiosity did any of your copies have completely knackered inner sleeves? Both of mine have LARGE splits along the bottom and one sleeve was particularly bad; two corners were folded as much as physically possible and were covered in black marks! The record was still sealed but I have never known a "mint" "factory-sealed" copy be in such a state!

Yes. I have a few creases in the sleeves as well - not large, but noticeable. BUT, the outside of the album cover itself is slightly bent on the left upper corner and along the top in one spot. :\

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

No creases in the outer sleeve but the A/B inner was quite creased. For the record, my A/B is pink and C/D is orange but like others have said, unless you're looking at them against the white sleeve it is hard to tell.

I see that Hot Topic also have them available again on their site, for those who didn't get on on release. Maybe this is the 2nd pressing and they'll all be Orange/Orange.

Thanks for the response. I have now found out that my download code/card is not working, with the site saying "You've entered a code we don't recognise". I'll be emailing them about this shortly. I hate to moan but I'm really disappointed in HotTopic, nothing about this release has been clear and it seems I also got a very slow dispatch, not the 1-2 dispatch they promise. It seems that this too was the case for most people, sitting on "fulfilling order" for days.

My inner sleeve was creased on one of the records too. But everything else was fine.

This is an email I received from Hot Topic about the records that were released today...

"The warehouse may have found a few extra copies and added them to the site for sale.

We do have a second pressing in the works but that hasn't arrived yet. We should have those within the next week or two but it will be identical to the first pressing."

Oh, GEEZ. My second set just arrived, and it's orange A/B and pink C/D. What's more, now that I have another set to compare, I can tell that my first set is actually pink/pink, not orange/orange. The difference is pretty subtle. Pictures forthcoming!!

Interestingly (or not), the two sets (delivered two days apart) are packaged completely differently. The first was in a fold-up box made for specifically for shipping records, and the second was wrapped in bubble wrap and inside of a large, generic box. The inner sleeves are heavily creased in the second set, but pristine in the first set.

This is an email I received from Hot Topic about the records that were released today...

"The warehouse may have found a few extra copies and added them to the site for sale.

We do have a second pressing in the works but that hasn't arrived yet. We should have those within the next week or two but it will be identical to the first pressing."

So since the second pressing will be identical, I now feel no need to own any more than 1 of these exclusives. Myself, my wife, and my wallet thank you for clearing that up. hahah

Oh, GEEZ. My second set just arrived, and it's orange A/B and pink C/D. What's more, now that I have another set to compare, I can tell that my first set is actually pink/pink, not orange/orange. The difference is pretty subtle. Pictures forthcoming!!

Interestingly (or not), the two sets (delivered two days apart) are packaged completely differently. The first was in a fold-up box made for specifically for shipping records, and the second was wrapped in bubble wrap and inside of a large, generic box. The inner sleeves are heavily creased in the second set, but pristine in the first set.

Seriously sounds like someone at the pressing plant had a little too much to drink the day the made these records LOL

I got mine today , will have a look tomorrow only. Hope my vinyls are green so that they become a top rarity.....:D

Cheers Moz

Heard 1 in the batch of 1000 was specially manufactured green. Supposed to be a Willy Wonka-esque thing that can be redeemed for an ongoing amorous relationship with the man himself.

Thanks for the response. I have now found out that my download code/card is not working, with the site saying "You've entered a code we don't recognise". I'll be emailing them about this shortly. I hate to moan but I'm really disappointed in HotTopic, nothing about this release has been clear and it seems I also got a very slow dispatch, not the 1-2 dispatch they promise. It seems that this too was the case for most people, sitting on "fulfilling order" for days.

I think the download code could only be redeemed until the 15th July - check the sticker on tthe front of the vinyl.

I forgot to mention that my download code wasn't even a Morrissey download code. It was for some completely different artist.

I forgot to mention that my download code wasn't even a Morrissey download code. It was for some completely different artist.

Hah, mine was too. I threw it away—can't remember what it was. Someone/thing I've never heard of.

Forgot to mention the top-right corner of the outer-sleeve is creased as well, but I consider that as pretty minor considering all the problems with HotTopic

yeah, my copy was slightly bent down in the upper right corner (this isn't really that uncommon for shrinkwrapped record sleeves, especially the big gatefold ones). It's not really severe at all on my copy, though, and the sleeve looks fine otherwise.

It sounds like they threw yours around a lot in shipping it, but it's also not uncommon for records to get split seams and ringwear if being shipped inside the cardboard sleeve. This is why a lot of labels ship the vinyl placed behind the cardboard sleeve in a dust jacket when possible.

I'm sorry yours got banged up. I've ordered records sent to me in soft bubble mailers only to find they were (inevitably) bent to hell, and that really sucks... I also bought a Wulkanaz LP in a gatefold sleeve with a booklet stapled inside only to find the booklet pulled away from the sleeve at the staple points.

So, so frustrating!

That’s kinda incredible that there was a download code for an album that wasn’t Morrissey. Did it say “Morrissey” on the download card?

That’s kinda incredible that there was a download code for an album that wasn’t Morrissey. Did it say “Morrissey” on the download card?

No, it was a download card for a completely different artist! Hilarious, really. I wish I could remember who it was, but I pretty much just said said WTF and threw it in the trash.

No, it was a download card for a completely different artist! Hilarious, really. I wish I could remember who it was, but I pretty much just said said WTF and threw it in the trash.

Ah man, I’m so curious as to what it was. That seals it...this is officially the most haphazard pressing of a record, ever.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom