Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

^^^^^
Thanks, so without any, you know, malice on the part of Harvest Records, I'll go out on a limb and say, if this is re-pressed, it won't be the same color(s) as this one.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

It might be. Even if the orange is the same color/type of marbling in the repress, the distinction is that both A/B and C/D will be the same color for the repress.

Anyway, I finally got this info:

YOUR ORDER HAS SHIPPED

We are pleased to inform you that your HOTTOPIC.COM order has been processed and packed, and will be delivered to you soon.

Below is a detailed copy of your original order. If you were previously notified via email that an item was sold out, it will not be included in your order. The information below is only a copy of your order as it was originally entered.

Fortunately, it doesn't look like there was any notification about it being sold out on my end, so I'll assume that means my order is secure.

Also, "rat around town". :lbf:

For some reason I thought this was on solid color and not transparent. I always joke that I’m partially color blind but I had to really look to differentiate the color between the two records. Once I put each one on the white sleeve it was easier to tell.

For some reason I thought this was on solid color and not transparent. I always joke that I’m partially color blind but I had to really look to differentiate the color between the two records. Once I put each one on the white sleeve it was easier to tell.

So Fred the one you so happily hold in that pic is pink and orange? On the twitter pic there is definitely one 2LP orange and orange and the other pic has a pink and orange.

Last edited:

Right, so are there 2 versions of this release then?
Or is it just the lighting on the second photograph?

idhx8i.jpg

2uswrap.jpg

I went back and traced the steps. The first pic that was released showed a single disc in translucent orange. As we knew, there were 2 discs, it was natural to think the second one would also be orange, Then, a pic was released which clearly showed 2 discs, one orange, one pink that looked solid - not a spec of light shown through. Operating under the assumption, that this was not a mock up, but in fact a photo of 2 vinyls already pressed, the "repress" wasn't just planned, it had in fact already been done. They tipped their hat. Notice, the one thng, the only thing, we did not see until it went live on Hot Topic was what we paid for, 1 translucent orange vinyl and 1 translucent pink vinyl. What comes next, will be either 2 solid orange LPs or 1 solid orange and 1 solid pink. Personally, I like the translucent and won't be paying another $22.50 to get this in solid orange.

May I suggested a re pressed (but remarkably dressed) 3 record version of the full deluxe album in 3 new colors?

They should do something like......but , to my knowledge, they dont these things anymore....:tears:

Cheers Moz

Attachments

• Smiths colored vinyl.jpg
    Smiths colored vinyl.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 6

This is from the vinyl collective boards and travis, the buyer for Hot Topic.

Posted Yesterday, 04:00 PM
travis, on 07 Aug 2014 - 9:53 PM, said:
Good news, a repress is in the works. Should be ready within a couple weeks.
Anyone who missed out buying one online should have no problem getting this in a few weeks

That is amazing news, Out of curiosity, same colors?

Posted Yesterday, 04:04 PM
GazHilarant, on 07 Aug 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:
That is amazing news, Out of curiosity, same colors?

Yup, it was supposed to be all orange before. It looks like some are all orange and some are pink/orange.

So it looks like anyone who got the pink/orange set may be able to claim it as an ultra rare variant; the LP was always meant to be orange ONLY.

Still no email...and yesterday evening I emailed them about my order status....and I was one of the very first to order....and ordered 1 copy only !

Cheers Moz

For those who haven't yet received a shipment confirmation email, it is worth logging on to the Hot Topic website and checking the order status.
I have not received a confirmation email so far, yet the status on their website is 'shipped' and there is a USPS tracking number too.

Still no email...and yesterday evening I emailed them about my order status....and I was one of the very first to order....and ordered 1 copy only !

Cheers Moz

same boat my friend, same boat. :straightface:

For those who haven't yet received a shipment confirmation email, it is worth logging on to the Hot Topic website and checking the order status.
I have not received a confirmation email so far, yet the status on their website is 'shipped' and there is a USPS tracking number too.

Thanks I.R.....just checked : Order Status : Shipped , there is the tracking number ( on USPS it says , Status of Item : Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS I have entered my email address to get any future updates sent to my email address...more I simply cannot do ) , and ship date 08/07/14......so should be really on my way......

Cheers Moz

Last edited:

I remember being nervous about the 10" EP and now I have 2 copies.

my status is: fulfilling order

Last edited:

Interesting to see which colours my vinyls will be...pink & orange or both orange ?

Cheers Moz

So Fred the one you so happily hold in that pic is pink and orange? On the twitter pic there is definitely one 2LP orange and orange and the other pic has a pink and orange.

I’ll post a pic later today!

They should do something like......but , to my knowledge, they dont these things anymore....:tears:

Cheers Moz

They still do! I was surprised when I heard this HT exclusive wasn’t going to be splattered vinyl. My HT exclusive copies of Blink 182 “Dude Ranch”, “Enema of the State” and Fall Out Boy’s “Infinity On High” are all on splattered color vinyl.

Sorry for the weird angle here, but wanted to avoid shadows and I suck at taking pictures. The vinyl is definitely translucent, I just placed the record on the white sleeve in order to better view the color. They’re definitely two different colors, the first LP is on the left and the second is on the right. I’m curious if that’s the same for everyone as well or if some people got the colors switched.

photo-3.jpg

They still do! I was surprised when I heard this HT exclusive wasn’t going to be splattered vinyl. My HT exclusive copies of Blink 182 “Dude Ranch”, “Enema of the State” and Fall Out Boy’s “Infinity On High” are all on splattered color vinyl.

Blink 182 and Fall Out Boys... Why?

Blink 182 and Fall Out Boys... Why?

Cause they push the musical boundaries, yeah right ha ha

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom