Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

Say it isn't so. Another pin in my world peace balloon, let down.

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (flourescent orange) of "World Peace...

I have sent them an Email to try and get (hopefully) some more info about....

Cheers Moz

Should be out 8/5. For Europeans that's the 5th August not the 8th may. Dumbass americans. Reclaim the calendar Britain.

That's the last day of my vacation. I know what I'm doing!

Do we know if it will be available for pre-order on the site before August 5th? Or do I need to set hourly alarms reminding me to continually check the Hot Topic website starting at 12:01 AM?

Do we know if it will be available for pre-order on the site before August 5th? Or do I need to set hourly alarms reminding me to continually check the Hot Topic website starting at 12:01 AM?

From what I'm told, they don't generally do "preorders" in the traditional sense. It will just go up for sale when it goes up and you can probably ship to store for free if there's one near you! I signed up to get that 10% coupon, too.

So in other words, set those alarms :)

This is unprecedented for a moz album, to have a double LP is one thing but to be orange is something else. Has anyone bought from hottopic before who can guess what price range might be for something like this, do they tend to keep prices for LP's fixed, or will this be extortionate?

This is unprecedented for a moz album, to have a double LP is one thing but to be orange is something else. Has anyone bought from hottopic before who can guess what price range might be for something like this, do they tend to keep prices for LP's fixed, or will this be extortionate?

$22.50

So £13 in real money. Bargain seeing how the standard album is £25 over here

Because American dollars are fake money?

Because American dollars are fake money?

Her Majesty The Queens British Pound is the only real currency, all others are mere fractions thereof.

Here in the UK it is very common for vinyl pressings to be delayed due to the reduced number of vinyl pressing plants versus the increased demand for vinyl these days. This applies to major artists as well as tiddlers. And it is true that vinyl prices in the UK have been bumped up to an average of £18 to £25 for a single vinyl release purely because the record companies know that the demographic they are selling to will pay these increased prices. Roll on the 5th August.

In the past coupons from Hot Topic have been applicable to everything BUT vinyl, just a heads up (Its stupid i know)

Ah, you're right. Cause they had a sale earlier and it didn't include any music. Oh well!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom