Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

I sorta wonder why there's not a general punk discussion thread in the Other Music forum. If there is, I never saw it.
I am not suggesting the connection between The Smiths and punk culture is universal, but it's not uncommon to find punk fans who're also into The Smiths/Morrissey (or Darkthrone, or Wu-Tang Clan) either.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

My copy came in the mail yesterday. When I lay it down on dark surfaces, it looks orange, and when I hold it up to the light, it looks transparent pink. There also appears to be some orange-yellow flecks marbled in. Pretty neat.

It appears to be back online at hottopic for those who missed out

It appears to be back online at hottopic for those who missed out

Thanks! I was very close to "buy it now" on Ebay for 59 dollars.

So, this is a second pressing, or what?

Thanks! I was very close to "buy it now" on Ebay for 59 dollars.

So, this is a second pressing, or what?

I don't believe so. I wonder if they're just putting it up there in spurts or something. Who knows? But I did notice this for this first time on there:

Morrissey's tenth solo studio album on a Hot Topic exclusive colored vinyl. Record 1 is on pink and Record 2 is on orange. Limited edition.

I don't believe so. I wonder if they're just putting it up there in spurts or something. Who knows? But I did notice this for this first time on there:

Morrissey's tenth solo studio album on a Hot Topic exclusive colored vinyl. Record 1 is on pink and Record 2 is on orange. Limited edition.
I guess that's the definitive word, then. No orange-only or pink-only versions.

Who gives a f***, the songs are still still but woohoo my vinyl is pink!?

My copy is opposite. Record 1 is Orange and Record 2 is Pink.
I don't think they're quite sure, really...

My first set is orange-only. Or porange or oink or whatever it is—but they're definitely the same color! Second set should be delivered today.

(That description was there before, fwiw.)

My first set is orange-only. Or porange or oink or whatever it is—but they're definitely the same color! Second set should be delivered today.

(That description was there before, fwiw.)
Mine is also like that, but the colors change to become either darker orange or brighter pink depending on the lighting of the room and where they're placed. On dark surfaces both records look orange.

Maybe all of us are colorblind! :)

Edit: it must be my OCD but it drives me nuts knowing there's all of these combos out there!

Maybe all of us are colorblind! :)

Edit: it must be my OCD but it drives me nuts knowing there's all of these combos out there!
No, it's definitely not just you. It doesn't help that Hot Topic doesn't seem to know the details about its own product. It would have been nice to know about the color variations from the beginning. Oh well. I'm just happy I was able to land a copy.

Pics or it didn't happen ;-)

Kidding. But man...this whole thing...

a4rddj.jpg

Record 1 Orange

32zrynn.jpg

Record 2 Pink

Hope these come out okay...

a4rddj.jpg

Record 1 Orange

32zrynn.jpg

Record 2 Pink

Hope these come out okay...

Indeed! Thanks for posting. So confused why the sticker on the front of the album says "orange" too. We will never know the truth...

Both of mine are orange (records, that is).
Why don't I have a pink one?

Sir leads the troops,
Jealous of Youth

IMG_3961.jpg

This is what mine look like the left is side 1/2 the right is side 3/4. The bottom set is obviously 1 Orange 1 Pink. The top set are identical.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom