Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace..."

UPDATE Aug. 2:

From James:
Picture via Instagram @__jimijames__ and twitter @james_jimi
orangevinyl.jpg

UPDATE Aug. 1:

VivaGil posted:

in case anyone wants a look at the discs a friend of mine posted this on instagram.

hottopic_girl_racer.jpg

Fluorescent orange. I'll definitely be picking this one up.

HT getting exclusive Morrissey variant - Modern Vinyl

World Peace Is None Of Your Business, the upcoming full length album from Morrissey, is coming to colored vinyl, courtesy of Hot Topic. The retailer will carry a 180-gram fluorescent orange variant, in stores on July 22nd. We’ll update this post when it goes on sale.

If you just want the standard double vinyl variant, you can pick it up at Amazon. The album is officially released on July 15th.

Info from a post on the Vinyl Collective message board by Travis:

Hot Topic will have this on exclusive "flourescent orange" 180 gram 2xLP for $22.50 available in select stores and online 7/22

If anything changes I'll post it here

...How many copies is that going to be out of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

It's the 5th of August here in an hour but that doesn't do much for me. I guess I'll go with LA time where it's nearly 6am on the 4th of August?

Re: Article: Hot Topic to sell special colored vinyl variant (fluorescent orange) of "World Peace...

It's the 5th of August here in an hour but that doesn't do much for me. I guess I'll go with LA time where it's nearly 6am on the 4th of August?

wasnt it stated earlier this will go onsale at 10am EST? meaning for Australia it would be 12 midnight tuesday/wednesday?

It will be 10am EST on August 5th in exactly 24 hours and 43 minutes from the the time stamp on this post. Does that help? ;)

Thanks you two :)

image.jpg
Thanks you two :)

9AM 'bammy time. I'll be ready and waiting with mommy's credit card.

If my history with ebay is any indicator, I'll be up 4 hours before 9AM, feverishly refreshing the page and making sure my internet connection is good until the final moment.

If my history with ebay is any indicator, I'll be up 4 hours before 9AM, feverishly refreshing the page and making sure my internet connection is good until the final moment.

Is everyone expecting a quick sell out?, my Internet's baaaaad up here, a moments lag could the diff between winning and losing! :eek:

I don’t think it will necessarily sell out like instantaneously but I don’t see them sticking around for long.

I went to a Hot Topic near me today to ask if they'd have it tomorrow, how many, etc. Got no help at all. The employee did her best to basically get rid of me and go back to gabbing on the phone. She wouldn't even touch her computer and she seemed to have no clue about the release or really care. She said the computer would only tell her the release date but it wouldn't tell her if that store would be getting any. I asked if they'd already have them in the back since they go on sale tomorrow morning. She said no (although supposedly that store in LA already had them the other day). And she said they'd get a box in the afternoon but they never have time to even look at the box when it comes in. Not sure how they get the merchandise ready for sale if they can't look at the box. But I think she was basically trying to say "don't call here in the afternoon to see if we got it in". She also said other stores in the area are bigger stores and more likely to get it in and her store might not even get it at all. Now I need to figure out if one of the other stores around here will be better to try tomorrow.

Sounds basically the same as the phone interactions I had the other day. I felt like saying “sorry it isn’t a new Sleeping With Dying Blood Days Romance Manson album"

All the HT's in my area are basically clueless as well. One store had no idea what I was talking about an the other did, but said they might not get any.

Looks like its online purchase for me...

I tried calling my local Hot Topic twice and both times no one answered the phone. Great service.

I guess I'm in the same boat as the rest of you.

Over the course of the past month, I've learned that every Hot Topic retail location basically has the worst customer service ever. It's funny how consistent all of these "reviews" are—it's almost like it's part of their training to either not answer the phone or act like they're totally clueless. :lbf:

I've set myself two reminder alarms for 10AM tomorrow. If I get called into a meeting I may just have to quit my job.

Knowing my luck our internet will cut out tomorrow at 10. Haha

Believe it or not, when I went into a different Hot Topic on the original release date a few weeks ago, the guy was actually pretty helpful and nice. He didn't know anything about the release but when I told him about it, he was like "oh wow, cool" as if he knew who Morrissey was. And he checked the computer and said the computer told him that was the release date but he took me to the vinyl section and we didn't see it. So I did have at least one decent experience at a Hot Topic.

I just called the closest Hot Topic in my area and the employee said that they had 2 copies in. I'm going to try online at 7:00 am PST and then I might creep into the local store later if I strike out. I don't think this will be too hard to get, but you never know.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom