Hillsborough

It's what they didn't do.......
they did f*** all..... no visit up to Liverpool, no presence at the official memorial service the following week..... they remained nowhere to be seen.....

In August the same year, 51 people drowned on the Thames as a pleasure / disco boat hit a dredger. Most people who died were yuppies / models / people in the entertainment business.....
Princess Di was in there like a shot, visiting the scene and attending memorials.....

96 Liverpool FC fans died and they didn't give two shits.....:mad:

Jukebox Jury

Hi JJ,
Yes that's right, thanks for that, reminds me once again why I can't abide the Royal family.

xxxxxxx

The accounts I've read this week are distressing.

And all this coming just over two weeks after the terrible events in the Ivory Coast...

The accounts I've read this week are distressing.

And all this coming just over two weeks after the terrible events in the Ivory Coast...

I've been wondering when you were going to make some remark on this thread relating to that other thread.
Thanks for re-enforcing my opinion of you.....
I hope you are very pleased with yourself that your point has been made?

Jukebox Jury

It's what they didn't do.......
they did f*** all..... no visit up to Liverpool, no presence at the official memorial service the following week..... they remained nowhere to be seen.....

In August the same year, 51 people drowned on the Thames as a pleasure / disco boat hit a dredger. Most people who died were yuppies / models / people in the entertainment business.....
Princess Di was in there like a shot, visiting the scene and attending memorials.....

96 Liverpool FC fans died and they didn't give two shits.....:mad:

Jukebox Jury

Yes, it was a similar attitude.... the media was picking up on their absence.... and in the end it became almost like....
''we refuse to be told where to go... to turn up will be like we have caved in to media pressure.... we wont do that''

So when the boat sank on the Thames, they got in there before any criticism was flying..... luckily for them it was on their doorstep, the thought of travelling 200 miles clearly was an inconvenience....:angry:

Jukebox Jury

Yes! Yes I am.

I also waited until the day after to make my point, out of respect.

...and what exactly was your point? (other than to remind people what a prick you are?)
I'm sure family / friends of those affected by the tragedy are so grateful that you left it for a whole day to be disrespectful, out of respect:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

...and what exactly was your point? (other than to remind people what a prick you are?)

Jukebox Jury

That while commemorating one disaster it is disrespectful to talk more about a different one. Surely the whole fact that my doing it has clearly got your back up has reinforced my point.

Anyway, in the articles I read, I discovered that people were dying stood up, that to me is quite an horrific image to think about. I suppose, in my opinion, the people to blame as much as any could also be all football hooligans, as it was due to the behaviour of hooligans across the country for the years previous to this event that the police thought they were dealing with hooliganism and didn't act accordingly to the way they should have.

Edit: Yep, left it a day. Just like you did with your thread. In fact I left it 20 years and 1 day. Yours was just one day...but you admit doing it was disrespectful. Thanks very much.

Last edited:
That while commemorating one disaster it is disrespectful to talk more about a different one. Surely the whole fact that my doing it has clearly got your back up has reinforced my point.

Anyway, in the articles I read, I discovered that people were dying stood up, that to me is quite an horrific image to think about. I suppose, in my opinion, the people to blame as much as any could also be all football hooligans, as it was due to the behaviour of hooligans across the country for the years previous to this event that the police thought they were dealing with hooliganism and didn't act accordingly to the way they should have.

Edit: Yep, left it a day. Just like you did with your thread. In fact I left it 20 years and 1 day. Yours was just one day...but you admit doing it was disrespectful. Thanks very much.

I didn't 'leave' my thread for a day, I posted when I first heard about it. Get my back up? No chance, just disappointed me that you used this thread to make some pathetic point (unsuccessfully).
Anyway, thanks for completely changing the direction and tone of this thread. I asked a Liverpool fan who goes on here, if I should start this thread. He said he'd rather one not be on here simply because some c*** (his words, not mine) would ruin it. He was right. Say what you want in response. But I shall not respond to it on this thread. Leave this thread for the purpose it was intended.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Firstly, it's not really a pathetic point, is it? If you think I am being disrespectful here, which I probably am, and I apologise for that to anyone who may get offended, then I am proving my point, that being that you were equally disrespectful in the thread you made previously. I've clearly been successful in that, anyone can see that! Also, with regards to your point about changing the direction of the thread, it was fine when you did that in the thread you made, in fact you said it was not changing the direction at all, did you not? However, here it makes me a 'c***' for doing so? Hello Mr. Double Standards. Finally, I had made my point (successfully), then I went on to try and discuss reasons why the event occurred, in fact you will notice a majority of my post covered that, you can just choose to ignore it if you wish though.

I'm sure family / friends of those affected by the tragedy are so grateful that you left it for a whole day to be disrespectful, out of respect:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

I would hope some respect would also be added to the families and friends of the 51 people who drown in the thames.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=1138989&postcount=15

but they were only yubbies, models / people in the entertainment business.....:rolleyes:

hmmmmmm

This is awesome!

How will it end?

Will they kiss and make up?
Will they just let the thread die?
Will Godwin's Law come in to play as someone has an epic fail?
Will one of them cross the line for trolling outside the pigsty and get banned?

Place your bets kids.

Last edited:
I would hope some respect would also be added to the families and friends of the 51 people who drown in the thames.

I wonder what media coverage the 20th anniversary this August will get.

I agree Hillsborough was an awful tragedy.
However,for some reason,there is a scepticism for Liverpool and its ""vicarious victimhood"(to quote that infamous Spectator piece).
Not saying it's justified but it is there.
I know there's a Hillsborough tribute at Anfield but is there one for Heysel too?
The Bradford fire disaster had its 20th anniversary a few years ago and I don't remember the same kind of media coverage.

I wonder what media coverage the 20th anniversary this August will get.

I agree Hillsborough was an awful tragedy.
However,for some reason,there is a scepticism for Liverpool and its ""vicarious victimhood"(to quote that infamous Spectator piece).
Not saying it's justified but it is there.
I know there's a Hillsborough tribute at Anfield but is there one for Heysel too?
The Bradford fire disaster had its 20th anniversary a few years ago and I don't remember the same kind of media coverage.

I think the famous Spectator piece was penned by none other than Boris Johnson, which he had to issue a grovelling apology for. Though i think victimhood is quite an interesting concept and not entirely unjustified in these modern times.

Heysel was a tragedy too and it should be remembered so there's not much consistency there. Bradford is different because there's no question as to how people came to die. The problem with Hillsborough is that there hasn't been a full enquiry into the events of that day. And as taxpayers we all fund the Government and the system, so it's pretty shocking that we don't know the full facts in regard to how these fans died. And to have the piece of shit government minister stand and say 'we won't forget those who died' when he's the one person in that Stadium who could instigate a proper enquiry into what happened and clear it up once and for all.

I was proud of the fans when they chanted 'justice for the 96' - they told the truth and shamed the devil right in front of the little tosser.

I think the famous Spectator piece was penned by none other than Boris Johnson, which he had to issue a grovelling apology for.

Boris didn't write it ,he was the editor of The Spectator so had to take the flak for it. The apology and the way he was commanded to go to Liverpool by Michael Howard was shameful.

Boris didn't write it ,he was the editor of The Spectator so had to take the flak for it. The apology and the way he was commanded to go to Liverpool by Michael Howard was shameful.
So the editor doesn't write the editorial?
That's news to me.
Here's a true story.
When Boris went to sign the memorial book.
It had gone missing.

Tags
fuck the queen jj is right rip :(
Back
Top Bottom