Hi

Dara

I am new here. I’ve been a Smiths / Morrissey fan since I first heard A Rush and a Push way back in 1987. I just discovered them as they were about to break-up I reckon. I can still remember the first moment I heard Morrissey’s voice. It was truly life changing as I think the Smiths added a particular colour/drabness to the rest of my misspent youth. I am 38 and a fan but not an obsessive. I find the obsession of some fans fascinating. Perhaps I may become obsessed with the obsession of Morrissey fans.
Anyway I find some of the vitriol on this site both repulsive and compulsive at the same time. It also seems to be packed full of wonderful information, wit and writing.
I have seen Morrissey live 7 or 8 times (not sure - must do a proper count).
Never saw the Smiths though I'd pay a substantial wad of cash for the privilege.
I think Morrissey is probably the greatest lyricist of all time (though I have not bothered checking out the competition to any great extent) and I am in no doubt that the Smiths are the best band ever.
I live in Dublin.
I look forward to being savaged by the trolls and the obsessives alike.
Dara

Last edited:
I am new here. I’ve been a Smiths / Morrissey fan since I first heard A Rush and a Push way back in 1987. I just discovered them as they were about to break-up I reckon. I can still remember the first moment I heard Morrissey’s voice. It was truly life changing as I think the Smiths added a particular colour/drabness to the rest of my misspent youth. I am 38 and a fan but not an obsessive. I find the obsession of some fans fascinating. Perhaps I may become obsessed with the obsession of Morrissey fans.
Anyway I find some of the vitriol on this site both repulsive and compulsive at the same time. It also seems to be packed full of wonderful information, wit and writing.
Never saw the Smiths though I'd pay a substantial wad of cash for the privilege.
I think Morrissey is probably the greatest lyricist of all time (though I have not bothered checking out the competition to any great extent) and I am in no doubt that the Smiths are the best band ever.
I live in Dublin.
Dara

Welcome! :)

I live in Dublin.
Dara

Welcome! :)

Back
Top Bottom