Hi, I new on here. My smiths moz story

Juliand123

Murder is the meat
hi guys, very long history story short.....I’m 47 lived in baguley wythenshawe shady lane where Jonny marr lived back in the day. I went to school with Ian Maher, I got into the smiths when meat is murder came out, when kids had ghetto blasters on street corners blaring out break dance tunes. We started blaring out smiths tunes instead.
Anyway, I got proper hooked, the 99 bus into town every Saturday to buy a record, imports the lot....an hour bus ride there and back, not a one click down load, fan commitment!
I used to see Johnny’s 5 series t reg bmw outside his parents now and then, I’d run home, grad a record and wait for him and angie to come out to sign it, sun,snow,rain or hail he always did.....lovely lovely bloke and lady.
First moz meeting...me and my pal were driving near the cresta court hotel in altrincham (my pal had an xr3i with THE SMITHS on the back window) and we stopped at the lights, a white golf gti pulls up next to us (night time) IT ONLY f***ING MORRISSEY, any way the window went down, MORRISSEY MORRISSEY PULL OVER PLLLLLLLEEEEASE..he did outside the don chippy and was just as nice as Johnny and angie signed our stuff and f***ed off, he seemed as happy to see us as we were to see him!
On meeting your hero’s......never over do it, ask too much or take the piss
I’ve had many more meetings over the years but when your a teenager seeing them on screen to in the flesh is a different ball game.......I also think, having to get a bus to Manchester, 15 minute walk to bus, 1 hour ride to town and same back again gives you a different kind of respect for the artist than just clicking down load from your pit

Them good old days .....eh

Thanks quango

I like your story a lot cause when you are excited about music and you really want to have that “special” feeling, you know it makes it even more valuable and it means so much more to you, if you have to do something for it.
To make an effort.
Anything that is for free and easy obtainable loses some of it’s attraction.
But that is just my opinion. :thumb:

Your words are what’s in my head..... that’s what I was trying to say! You must be from the vinyl era?

Yes, I am and there is a new vinyl era happening right now!
I think, ahem, I hope. :thumb:

Don’t you mean.... I hope I think I know ....if I ever......lol

I was a kind of a freak with regards to music equipment like turntables, speakers, cables, amplifiers etcetera.
But it also was more or less a ritual to enjoy the music. It was satisfying my soul. :thumb:

Blikey! I reckon this doesn't compare to me seeing Uncle Steve wearing his Dodger cap looking for the pack of blueberry muffins at the Calabasas Costco last Saturday or stuffing his face with rolled potato tacos and refried beans at The Sunset Marquis with lil' Sammy last taco Tuesday. Oh well. Taking piss m8.

Back
Top Bottom