Henry Rollins on Moz...

He seems to be obsessed with Morrissey. He's like a bully at school who's only way to show affection is to hurt and humiliate.

I think the whole thing is tongue in cheek ... Rage is a program here in Australia on channel 2 every weekend and each night they have guest programers come on and pick their own video clips to play on the show that night, theres no way Rollins would waste time given to him on air to play a clip of someone he really didn't like. There might be aspects about Morrissey that annoy him but given Rollins' well documented sense of humour and love for going off on over the top rants, I think this was all a joke ... personally ANYONE who gets Morrissey played in Australian TV is awesome in my eyes because it never.ever. happens.

Please please please tell me Moz didn't say HR has a fantastic body... :confused:
But if he's abussive to animals... that's all I need to know.

Last edited:
Actually, I know Rollins from the old days of Black Flag in L.A., circa '78/'79, when I was a musician myself (and still am) and working with Wire, and Music Express, and guess what: HE'S GAY HIMSELF! NO JOKE! I did not see this mentioned anywhere else in the thread, but he came out years ago. If it was in the thread, I missed it, sorry. :guitar:

No, he isn't - or so he says:

"It's not even annoying," Rollins says about the lingering Henry-is-gay rumor. "It's just so funny to me, because where that comes from, for somebody being gay is a bad thing .. to say, ‘He's gay,' like it's a putdown. To me, you come out of the chute, you're something. You're straight, you're gay, you're bi, or you're Condoleezza Rice.... To me, it's about as interesting as talking about laundry. It's really not an issue."

He also attributes the rumor to the fact that he's very discreet in his relations with women: "I'm not making a public display of my heterosexuality." At 43, he also has never been married. Still, he says, "All this anti-same-sex marriage legislation, I can't stand it. It offends me on every level."

full article here: http://www.metroweekly.com/feature/?ak=1259

Actually, I know Rollins from the old days of Black Flag in L.A., circa '78/'79, when I was a musician myself (and still am) and working with Wire, and Music Express, and guess what: HE'S GAY HIMSELF! NO JOKE! I did not see this mentioned anywhere else in the thread, but he came out years ago. If it was in the thread, I missed it, sorry. :guitar:
he is? i have watched an interview with an iranian filmmaker called shirin neshat
he meets for a tv show in ny
where he talks long about his girlfriend he never gets over.....hmmm?
http://www.avantimedia.de/engl/ddn_neshat_rollins.html
he did talk most of the time....which is a shame cause shirin is very talented
the show is called durch die nacht mit/Au coeur de la nuit
shown on Arte a french/german channel
good show
artists meeting in front of the camera for the first time and strolll along a city
some guests parings were for example
Asia Argento and Joe Coleman Franco Nero and Fred Williamson
Bruce LaBruce and Jörg Buttgereit(gore-filmmaker) , Carl Barât and Adam Green
Bryan Ferry and Dieter Meier(yello) ,Benjamin Biolay and Karl Bartos (kraftwerk)
some where i dont remember the pairing:
Michel Houellebecq
Rosa von Praunheim
Julie Delpy
Nikolai Kinski
John Carpenter and many many more
very nice series also avaiable on dvd(some of the broadcasted shows)
its subtitled not synchronisedhttp://www.zweitausendeins.de/suche/index.cfm
and maybe on filesharing? I dont know about that though....

Last edited:
He's having a laugh. He WOULDN'T play the vid if he didn't like the guy. I read in an interview (if I can find it, I'll post it) where he commented that Moz is a real artist and how rare of a thing it is these days to see someone who is real.
He also commented that Moz needs to go out and get some sunshine and play Frisbee. Yes, he's always being sarcastic. That's his thing.

Who is this unibrowed weirdo, and what positive things has he contibuted to the world/society?

actually dont tell me, im sure i can guess correctly :mad:

MIKEY!! Rollins isn't GAY! Unless he's not admitting it. He's usually talking about different girlfriends. Where on earth did you hear this from???? It can't be true!:sick:

Assuming he wasn't kidding, that quote would make you better than him... how?

Just write to his website (WE ALL SHOULD) at 2-13-61 (his birthday) and totally pile him with letters, telling him what an asshat he is. I might start and do it myself. The only worthwhile thing he's ever said is that he hates Bono and thinks Bono is being pretentious and he wished he could smack him in the face. ( I don't like Bono )

I once read somewhere that he admired Morrissey because Morrissey was such a good businessman.

Oh c'mon people - he's only joking

He obviously loves Morrissey and England

I think it's funny when people miss the point - he's being ironic

Go on admit it - switch on your irony receptors - Rollins is pretty damn funny...

I 2nd that. It's just a gimmick and he is pretty convincing at that.

Last edited:
anyone who reads anything homophobic into what rollins said is probably a right old gay.

I think it's funny how morrissey trashed people all the time and when it happens to him so many people lose their minds and there is debate as to if this is a joke or not.

Rollins is funny. I never cared for his music but his spoken word stuff is funny.

If morrissey never talked bad of others I could see defending him. Morrissey has made himself a target.

Johnny Marr has publicly gone after moz calling him Dorrissey and saying he didn't bother to listen to his new at the time single Alf Wank.

I think it's time to crucify him for those comments too or just let it go.

Oh wow! I just watched the clip....well we all know what Henry Rollins is like. I dont think he is joking, I've seen the dude in other interviews ripping people to shreads, I think he is quite serious. I'm a bit disappointed really, cos I kinda like Rollins. This kinda shit is quite expected with Henry Rollins though...lol

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s3djWrn_90s

The guys always like this!

Here he is talking about chicks!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PLWwtp7rUYA

But who gives a f*** anyways....I mean I think Morrissey is better than Rollins anyway! :guitar:

Just write to his website (WE ALL SHOULD) at 2-13-61 (his birthday) and totally pile him with letters, telling him what an asshat he is. I might start and do it myself. The )
all the numerous moz fans who wrote to the nme in the past concerning moz whenever he gets a bad review/article..isnt that the exact response those who wrote these insulting reviews/articles anticipiate?
and the letters who got printed there on their angst site...and then get the already thought out replies of the editor..theyre just taking the piss on them really
and it doesnt change a thing..
I think rollinswould anticipiate exact this response and would later have a go on one of the responses he got from this in a later spoken word performance

actually i would spare your time doing that really...

Last edited:
Tags
boring electrician butch vs. femme top bunk bottom bunk you gonna get raped
Back
Top Bottom