Henry Rollins on Moz...

This is pretty ridiculous. He never once mentions homosexuality, although points for coming to rthe correct conclusion that Morrissey IS gay, which some people are still in denial about. You have to perform hula hoops of logic and artful deliberate misinterpretation to view what he saiod as somehow anti-gay. What he seemks to be saying, and what i get is that rollins doesn';t really like morose, brooding music, or people, that he's an energetic, go-for-it kinda guy and that stuff turns him off. Honestrly I would pretty much expect that from (one of) the former singer for Black Flag. Morrissey IS sort of a professional miserablist, thats' just a fact. I shoul;d also point out that throughout his career Rollins has been a consistant defender of gay rights. Moreobver, i don't thionk he really dislikes Moz that much, like that guy said, if he did, he wouldn't play the video. As supported by the quote from the other rollins thread: "I don't hate the Smiths or the Cure at all. I think -- especially Morrissey -- is very creative and brilliant. It's that downward spiral, down in the mouth thing they had going for years which I could just not leave alone. I had to take a couple of shots at it. But I hold no malice toward either party at all."

You are my new hero. Preach that gospel! :guitar:

This is pretty ridiculous. He never once mentions homosexuality, although points for coming to rthe correct conclusion that Morrissey IS gay, which some people are still in denial about. You have to perform hula hoops of logic and artful deliberate misinterpretation to view what he saiod as somehow anti-gay. What he seemks to be saying, and what i get is that rollins doesn';t really like morose, brooding music, or people, that he's an energetic, go-for-it kinda guy and that stuff turns him off. Honestrly I would pretty much expect that from (one of) the former singer for Black Flag. Morrissey IS sort of a professional miserablist, thats' just a fact. I shoul;d also point out that throughout his career Rollins has been a consistant defender of gay rights. Moreobver, i don't thionk he really dislikes Moz that much, like that guy said, if he did, he wouldn't play the video. As supported by the quote from the other rollins thread: "I don't hate the Smiths or the Cure at all. I think -- especially Morrissey -- is very creative and brilliant. It's that downward spiral, down in the mouth thing they had going for years which I could just not leave alone. I had to take a couple of shots at it. But I hold no malice toward either party at all."

"hula hoops of logic" sounds gay.

Morrissey isn't gay.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that I know, but as he has said that he likes girls, I'm going to go with that. I think you're the one assuming you know his sexuality.

He has noone to blame but himself... if he didn't spend most of his time bashing "gay" people, there wouldn't by anyone questioning his own sexuality :cool:

the body-building/poetry thing just adds to it ^-^

Last edited:
He never once mentions homosexuality

No, he just obsesses about the negative qualities that are usually associated with it. As he's done many times over the years.

What he seemks to be saying, and what i get is that rollins doesn';t really like morose, brooding music, or people, that he's an energetic, go-for-it kinda guy and that stuff turns him off.

Yeah. Which makes him an agonizing cliché. A gym teacher turned motivational speaker.

I wouldn't necessarily say he's a homophobe, except by default. He's mainly a simpleton, and a ridiculous puritan. Here's his much vaunted "pro-gay" remark from earlier this year: "Never once in my 46 years have I wanted a dick in my mouth...Don't like a gay marriage? Then don't have one. Next."

This "straight, but not narrow" schtick is primarily an excuse for hollering that you're straight. Can you imagine Rollins using the phrase "a c*** in my mouth," or "a tit in my mouth"? He's expressing disgust there, but I think it's more because he's a puritan who's fixated on his own body than because he's a bigot. He's bigoted against anyone who isn't Henry Rollins, a west coast punk type, a dipshit with his Honda painted flat black. When I've heard him talk about women, he sounds sentimental to the point of being childlike. He has nothing to say about sexuality or style. The guy is not worldly. He's not sophisticated. He's a f***ing moron, but some people find his self-confidence contagious.

Did I mention his music sucks?

Last edited:
on a side note, there's definitely rumors that rollins had a gig posing (solo, apparently) for a gay mag during the period right after moving to l.a. to be in black flag. the fact that such a magazine has yet to surface (to my knowledge), makes me think it's not true though.

I recall Rollins and the Beastie Boys (as The Prosecution) hammering Moz and Bongo out of U2 (The Defence) in the NME or the Maker, in '92 or '93. They said he apparently needed to get a burger, a tan, fresh air and a frisbee, and something about ''grease pouring out of his pale face'' but they were 100% accurate about Bongo.

I think Rollins has ''Billy Bragg Syndrome'', i.e. he constantly bitches about Moz because he secretly adores him.

The title of this thread is Rollins' favourite wank fantasy.

not to sound like i'm pushing my glasses up my nose with my finger here but...

homophobia often times has nothing to do with who someones sleeping with, so much as an attack on those who bend gender lines...it almost should be called gender something or another because...people can't tell who you f*** from looking at you but they can tell if you threaten the idea of your assigned gender. i

Roman above seems to agree with me. Kids get bullied in school (and it is a real problem) because they don't act there gender....not because the bully actually thinks the poor kid is actually attracted to a person of the same sex, nessisarily.

Though I in no way believe in censorship i think we have to be aware of our words and choose them wisely because there are people out their who are easily influnced, lost, feeling alone etc etc esp children.

I had a teacher, who was a mentor to me when i was growing up (still is) and he once joked about a women's voice sounding "like a dyke" because he used software to make it sound deeper, he in no way intended to make me feel uncomfortable (shit i didn't even understand my sexuality) but he did, and to think of it, he isn't a "homophobe" he just wasn't being aware of his language, or the fact he was surrounded by young confused kids looking for guidences.

so i think context of who's saying what, who they are saying it to and the format they are saying it in matters....i personally might find someone making a joke about someone not fitting their assigned gender in some cases but violent images as humor torwards them not so much...

i'm not going to speculate how or what he meant, i just think television is a media that one should be aware of ones word choices infront of...and that people should be considered and the way they might interpret things should be considered as well.

Henry Rollins and Morrissey

Ok, I searched through all posts about the supposed feud that Morrissey had with yet another pointless cliched mindless moron that is Henry Rollins.

But I dont understand, was anything actually confirmed,
stories range from Morrissey WANTING to go to the Rollins gig and asking for a VIP pass, Rollins denying him and shouting f*** YOU at him

To Morrissey sitting in the crowd laughing at Rollins and shouting f*** YOU repeatedly (which would of been rather fitting) But still like the other supposed happening just isnt very Morrissey-esque.

I know lately Rollins said he 'liked' The Smiths, but either way he's a pretentious, talentless fool who somehow believes that punks heyday was during East Coast and West Coast punk battles (between the awful straight-edged shaven-headed illiterate idiots)

Basically what I want to know is... Can somebody possibly end Rollins life now? Or atleast confirm a story... Even make up a witty Morrissey reply to Rollins.

YOURS AS ALWAYS....

Now we have a phantom merger.

Whomever is responsible should be ashamed, and should adopt a Henry Rollins style personality... the ultimate personality,

Can't people just ignore Henry Rollins, just like Morrissey does?

this sounds like a good idea actually,henry rollins is ugly,he`s jealous of moz because he`s good-looking ;)

Henry Rollins...

I'm really confused about how this man percieves our beloved Morrissey.

Has anyone seen the clip whereby Rollins insults Moz as he sits in the audience?

Some articles I've read say that he admires Mozzer...Sorry if this is completley old news and digging up old graves as they say. I just wondered

Re: Henry Rollins...

I'm really confused about how this man percieves our beloved Morrissey.

Has anyone seen the clip whereby Rollins insults Moz as he sits in the audience?

Some articles I've read say that he admires Mozzer...Sorry if this is completley old news and digging up old graves as they say. I just wondered

I don't upset if someone slags off Morrissey.

Morrissey also says something rather stupid which trigers some reactions.

Tags
boring electrician butch vs. femme top bunk bottom bunk you gonna get raped
Back
Top Bottom