Henry Rollins makes me sick

whether personal feelings are in play or not, that video either proves rollins is a hypocrite or he forgot about his own past. if anyone here ever read 'get in the van' - a book by rollins about his time as lead singer for black flag -, you will know what i mean ... it's his personal sob-story about how life & the people in his band treated him. basicly it contains all the same teenangst ingredients he's bitchin' about in that video. the book was so depressing i never finished it ... it was a 247 pages long sob-story about a grown man feeling bad for himself. it's borderline sad/pathetic (the book & the rant about morrissey).

seriously, i kinda like rollins, been to his spoken words and jam to black flag every other day (although he's my least fav vocalist of the bunch) and i even think he's pretty funny at times (even in said video), but his rant is a bit lame.
espec because they are a bit of the same plague (teenangst).

At least he has tour dates. :lbf:
If he has scheduled dates in that many places, obviously he is still attracting a crowd. Chances are, they aren't even the same people following him from town to town.

Ummmm......YOU started a thread about Henry Rollins making you sick.
Twice in your first post you used the word "hate." Then you said the reason you started the thread was to renew the hatred. :crazy:

Show us some evidence of mental and emotional health on your end.

You are deranged.

Hardly.

2010 spoken word tour :

January
January 12 Ireland, Dublin, Vicar Street
January 13 UK, Glasgow, Academy
January 14 UK, Leicester, De Montfort Hall
January 15 UK, London, Royal Festival hall
January 16 UK, Manchester, Lowry
January 17 UK, Leamington, Assembly

That doesn't say a whole lot about his popularity. If you know about Henry Rollins, you know he's a big ritalin kid with ADHD who loves talking and touring for the adrenaline rush, even if it means taking a small prop plane to an audience of 10 people. He's always booked hundreds of shows a year at places of various sizes. He's always been a niche / cult favorite rather than a huge draw.

The peak of his popularity was probably sometime around the time I saw him at the first Lollapalooza festival in 1991. This was not long before his one and only top 100 chart hit / minor MTV hit, "Liar" on his last good album, in 1994, which was 15 years ago. His billing then was middle to bottom, below the bands Fishbone and Living Color, remember them? :lbf:

http://www.songkick.com/festivals/1235-lollapalooza/id/3111071-lollapalooza-1991

He's a has-been in terms of his name recognition being less than it used to, and the quality of his music and spoken word performances have gone way down.

And then there's this:

I had to Google him. He doesn't strike me as interesting or important enough to waste energy on hating.

Yeah, I had to look on Wikipedia too. I'd never heard anything about him until today.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'M the angry one.

Arguments are healthy? It doesn't mean that the ugliness that goes on on Solo is healthy. If you think it is, then you don't know what "healthy" means.

"Renew the hatred" was just colorful speech.
"Yeah, I'M the angry one. "

Yes,so it would seem.

Yes,arguments are healthy.
I don't think you know what argument means.
"Nasty assumptions"? What like the judgement you made on Henry Rollins ?

"colorful speech" ? :confused:

That doesn't say a whole lot about his popularity. he's a big ritalin kid with ADHD who loves talking and touring for the adrenaline rush, even if it means taking a small prop plane to an audience of 10 people. He's always booked hundreds of shows a year at places of various sizes.

He must lose a fortune on these gigs then.

jam to black flag every other day (although he's my least fav vocalist of the bunch)

You're far from the only person to say that. Even Black Flag's friend and engineer Spot said he thought Rollins "ruined Black Flag" and told Rollins this to his face.

The fact that Rollins related this in his book "Get in the Van" supports your review of it. It so very closely resembles Morrissey's story in the liner notes of the recent Southpaw Grammar re-release, about walking in on the producer and engineer putting down Morrissey's vocals in the studio booth.

(Not that I share any of these feelings myself, I liked Get in the Van and thought Rollins was OK in Black Flag.)

Two birds of a feather... I can just picture Morrissey singing Black Flag's "Depression's got a hold on me..." :lbf:

Yeah, I'M the angry one. No matter what I say and no matter how I say it SOMEONE attacks me here, but I'm the angry one. I find your perception questionable.

Arguments are healthy? Really? With the name calling and the belittling and the nasty assumptions about people? Really? You're confused. When people say that arguments are healthy, what they mean is that disagreements and discussion are healthy. It doesn't mean that the ugliness that goes on on Solo is healthy. If you think it is, then you don't know what "healthy" means.

"Renew the hatred" was just colorful speech. I know that you don't really get from that that I'm sitting around hating Henry Rollins on a daily basis. You know it too.

:lbf: It's "colorful speech" if YOU say it.

If I were to say "renew the hatred" about someone you might like, then I would be deranged.
You should go outside and play in the snow.

I also hate this f***ing annoying idea the americans have about us brits all having bad teeth. what an intolerant c*** rollins is, i also have NO CLUE who he is, was he in a band or something? He just comes across in everything ive seen as an opinionated horrible person.

Well, keep in mind this is coming from a guy (Rollins) who claims to have eaten dog food to live...

We don't all think that, matt.

Well, some of us do. Some of the Brits here on Solo are so unbelievably nasty... Why can't they all be more like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins? He's the perfect Brit :lbf:

Perhaps they feel at Home On Derange. :)

:rofl:

Silly me indeed, Ms.Trubz.:o

Are the rest of us allowed to use "colorful speech" or is it only the anti-Rollins hate brigade?

A good rule of thumb is that it will be considered "colorful speech" if it falls in line with Scarlet's agenda.

One will be considered mean-spirited, nasty, and/or perhaps deranged if it is anything else. She make it clear that she doesn't understand any of us; and she will most likely refer to us as "you people." :lbf:

Tags
henryrollinswin irony takes strength tv party!!!
Back
Top Bottom