Henry Rollins makes me sick

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.

I hate Henry Rollins. This video isn't even the reason I hate Henry Rollins, though it does add to it.

I know this has been seen before, but it's been archived and it's time we renewed the hatred.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's pretty awesome though. I'm a fan of him and Morrissey.

I disagree. He's a JERK. I met him once and he treated me like crap. Plus, in one of his spoken word things he told about how he was cruel to animals while working at a pet store. I can't tolerate him.

I disagree. He's a JERK. I met him once and he treated me like crap. Plus, in one of his spoken word things he told about how he was cruel to animals while working at a pet store. I can't tolerate him.

He sounds really horrid. I know some people hate Morrissey for many different reasons but this video is just...odd. And vicious.

Plus, that stereotype of all British people having bad teeth pisses me off so much.

Why watch something that makes you sick ? :confused:

I had to Google him. He doesn't strike me as interesting or important enough to waste energy on hating.

Oh, wow. I love that! I wonder if it's that he's not big in England or if it's a generational thing, because he was a hugely popular person when I was younger.

I am pleased that you didn't know who he was. :D

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OgJAI8sqMLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OgJAI8sqMLs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:rolleyes:

I hate Henry Rollins. This video isn't even the reason I hate Henry Rollins, though it does add to it.

I know this has been seen before, but it's been archived and it's time we renewed the hatred.

"Ties him to a chair and teases him until he pees his pants and promises never to do it again." :laughing::rofl:

Scarlet, it is soooo typical that you would HATE him simply because he had a foul thing to say about Morrissey. :crazy:

Scarlet, it is soooo typical that you would HATE him simply because he had a foul thing to say about Morrissey. :crazy:

That's not why I hate him. I hate him for torturing animals. Also, he was very rude to me personally. When I met him I shook his hand and smiled, so I didn't start off having unkind feelings towards him. (This is before I knew about the animal cruelty.) I told him that I spent my childhood in a neighborhood right near his, thinking we could talk about local places... Basically just trying to make small talk like everyone else was doing with him. He told me I was lying and then quizzed me on the old neighborhood. When I answered him he just stared at me for a moment and then turned his back on me without another word. I still have no idea why he did that or why he thought I was lying. (I wasn't.) The gist is that he's just a nasty S.O.B.

I didn't seek this video out. I stumbled upon it by accident.

And you are wrong. I have lots of friends that dislike Morrissey. It IS sooooo typical of me to dislike someone for being a rude, nasty jerk though.

No idea who Henry Rollins is.

Sounds like he just hates English people in general (unless they see the light and move to America :rolleyes:), and Moz is just a personification of the type of tragic British 'character' that Rollins' prejudice has invented in his head.

Plus, the guy thinks Black Sabbath are the greatest band in the world. Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know about his music taste?

You're blinded by your personal feelings for Scarlet, as usual.

Being that I'm from DC and a fan of hardcore music, she and I have been reading, following and listening to Rollins since the 80s. We found out about the Morrissey thing fairly recently, way after we met him and Ibis had already decided she didn't like him.

I for one disagree with Scarlet... I find his early work entertaining, despite his Morrissey thing. He does have his flaws. You have to take his words with a big grain of salt, like any other blowhard in the Pigsty.

For the past 10+ years he hasn't been very good. His work jumped the shark around the time he made those Gap commercials and a string of cameos in terrible movies.

No idea who Henry Rollins is.

Sounds like he just hates English people in general (unless they see the light and move to America :rolleyes:), and Moz is just a personification of the type of tragic British 'character' that Rollins' prejudice has invented in his head.

Plus, the guy thinks Black Sabbath are the greatest band in the world. Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know about his music taste?

I know! I can't believe he got away with saying such things about an entire country of people! Such ignorance.

I know! I can't believe he got away with saying such things about an entire country of people! Such ignorance.

He's a complete un-known in Britain, that's probably why.
Maybe if he starts pulling in mass audiences here then he'll stop with the taunting..... and then I'll move to the USA :D

That's not why I hate him. I hate him for torturing animals. Also, he was very rude to me personally. When I met him I shook his hand and smiled, so I didn't start off having unkind feelings towards him. (This is before I knew about the animal cruelty.) I told him that I spent my childhood in a neighborhood right near his, thinking we could talk about local places... Basically just trying to make small talk like everyone else was doing with him. He told me I was lying and then quizzed me on the old neighborhood. When I answered him he just stared at me for a moment and then turned his back on me without another word. I still have no idea why he did that or why he thought I was lying. (I wasn't.) The gist is that he's just a nasty S.O.B.

I didn't seek this video out. I stumbled upon it by accident.

And you are wrong. I have lots of friends that dislike Morrissey. It IS sooooo typical of me to dislike someone for being a rude, nasty jerk though.

Were all of your Morrissey tattoos visible?
Maybe you didn't have to say much for him to decide that he'd heard enough; so he turned around and walked away. Nothing nasty about that.
How long did you expect him to engage you in conversation?

Besides, he's hot. :horny:

I for one disagree with Scarlet... I find his early work entertaining, despite his Morrissey thing. He does have his flaws. You have to take his words with a big grain of salt, like any other blowhard in the Pigsty.

I've never understood how you can enjoy an artist who was so nasty to your wife. Especially a no-talent like Henry Rollins. It's not like there was much to give up. If Morrissey himself called you a liar in a room full of people and then turned his back on you I'd no longer call myself his fan. Fortunately, Morrissey would never do that unless you gave him a very good reason for doing so.

... Not that I'm upset with you over it. I'm jus' sayin'. :)

Tags
henryrollinswin irony takes strength tv party!!!
Back
Top Bottom