Hearing people playing The Smiths

j funk

.co.uk
On Thursday I heard This Charming Man coming from someone's flat, now I can hear the Sandie Shaw version of Jeane.

I like this.

On Thursday I heard This Charming Man coming from someone's flat, now I can hear the Sandie Shaw version of Jeane.

I like this.

I reckon that was me playing this charming man :thumb:

I always get excited when I hear other people playing Morissey or the Smiths. Or any other band I really like. I was at a radio station once to try to get free tickets to a show and I heard Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now come on and I got excited and said something like "Oh, The Smiths! I love The Smiths. Good choice!" and they just stared at me as if I was crazy. Only until after we left did I realize that it was my friend's ringtone that came with me. How embarrassing...

The best thing about at the moment is the fact that alot of indie nightclubs are playing this charming man.

I went to cheapskates in SOHO not long ago and they played this...I nearly fainted!

I never hear anyone playing The Smiths. It's always the other way round. I used to have a job in a little tiny shop, so I could play whatever music I wanted. People would come in and on the very rare occasion that they actually knew who was playing, they weren't very kind. :p
Once, a guy in his early twenties came in and said "Is that Morrissey? Do you realise everything you think is wrong? That everything about your life is wrong?" :eek:

The best thing about at the moment is the fact that alot of indie nightclubs are playing this charming man.

ive found that as my usual pubs are now half empty re: smoking ban and credit crunch, the dj is more than happy to play what ever requested to keep the punters in the pub!! Last friday i danced my self silly to this charming man, love cats, the specials, some northern soul tracks and some old punk.I then was reminded by mr mozfish that my back was going to hurt in the morning as i was no longer 18 years old, and it was the cider and black that was keeping me going!!!

and yes i was in agony next day along with an evil hangover.....never again! xx

ive found that as my usual pubs are now half empty re: smoking ban and credit crunch, the dj is more than happy to play what ever requested to keep the punters in the pub!! Last friday i danced my self silly to this charming man, love cats, the specials, some northern soul tracks and some old punk.I then was reminded by mr mozfish that my back was going to hurt in the morning as i was no longer 18 years old, and it was the cider and black that was keeping me going!!!

and yes i was in agony next day along with an evil hangover.....never again! xx

The Prince has the best Smiths/Mozz jukebox in Kettering, don't you find?

I never hear anyone playing The Smiths. It's always the other way round. I used to have a job in a little tiny shop, so I could play whatever music I wanted. People would come in and on the very rare occasion that they actually knew who was playing, they weren't very kind. :p
Once, a guy in his early twenties came in and said "Is that Morrissey? Do you realise everything you think is wrong? That everything about your life is wrong?" :eek:

I get to play my own music where I work and I occasionally get people who like the Smiths and Morrisey. In fact, one person today was singing along to Is It Really So Strange. But one lady did once say it sounded like the radio was broken, which really got me angry. Maybe it was because it was on the part during Black Eyed Susan where it's pretty much noise. Either way, I didn't like it.

I once heard Maladjusted, coming from an open window. I stopped and slipped a note under the door.

P.S. It's spectacularly sensible to be radically different from guys in their early twenties.

I went to cheapskates in SOHO not long ago and they played this...I nearly fainted!

Haha, Better when they play something less obvious though. I was in Metro Club in Tottenham Court Road and they DJ played Sheila Take A Bow!

The exact sequence of tunes was:

The Beatles - Day Tripper
The Libertines - Time For Heroes
The Smiths - Sheila Take A Bow
Vampire Weekend - Walcott

Which was pretty incredible.

I really want to know which house Jeane was coming from now.

Haha, Better when they play something less obvious though. I was in Metro Club in Tottenham Court Road and they DJ played Sheila Take A Bow!

The exact sequence of tunes was:

The Beatles - Day Tripper
The Libertines - Time For Heroes
The Smiths - Sheila Take A Bow
Vampire Weekend - Walcott

Which was pretty incredible.

I really want to know which house Jeane was coming from now.

That sounds awesome :)

I can't guarantee the DJ will play good tunes, but I'll take you there.

Tags
blah blue lag
Back
Top Bottom