Morrissey Central "Harlem Apollo, NYC" - residency / gigs / Album release in March (Dec 30, 2019)

In May 2004 Morrissey played a week of sold-out concerts at the famous Harlem Apollo in New York City. In response to invitations to do another one-week residency in Harlem for May 2020, Morrissey has said he would be delighted to return.
Morrissey's new studio album I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN is set for worldwide release on Friday 13 March 2020. The album was recorded in France with producer Joe Chiccarelli, and is a collection of eleven new songs.
Concerts are also planned for Russia.

20191231_000412.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/harlem-apollo-nyc

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Poor old Steve.
He knows he can never play in his home country again unless he's willing to put up with venues half the size he's used to, and well organised, high-profile protests every night denouncing his idiotic views and actions.
There is an answer, Steve. A clear, unambiguous statement denouncing the ugliness of the right-wing politics and parties you have clumsily associated yourself with in the last two years.

Who would have the nerve to organise it after the racist pit The Labour Party fell into? 'Anti-fascist' groups couldn't even organise a vigil to protest antisemitic graffiti in Hampstead without it turning into a debacle.

I would hope he's lost interest in Anne-Marie - but who even cares? Mainstream politics is in a bloody awful place & anyone who thinks harassing Morrissey is worthwhile is a tosser.

That's what your dad said the first time he saw you & realised your mama had been banging the pool cleaner.
^THIS is what an illiterate, emotively daft slug says when they don’t have the proper words to spout their bullshit like a grown-up.

f***ing Melvis fans. f***ing toddlers.

Who would have the nerve to organise it after the racist pit The Labour Party fell into? 'Anti-fascist' groups couldn't even organise a vigil to protest antisemitic graffiti in Hampstead without it turning into a debacle.

I would hope he's lost interest in Anne-Marie - but who even cares? Mainstream politics is in a bloody awful place & anyone who thinks harassing Morrissey is worthwhile is a tosser.
To be fair to Morrissey, I think he played 54 different songs last year which isn't bad at all compared to many other acts who started at around the same time.

A quick check shows that U2 played 30 different songs and Duran Duran played 33.

I'm sure there are plenty of others who played more, but Morrissey switches the set around a lot more than some.
Too many spoilt brats here. The intellectual problem is that it’s Morrissey himself who has indulged them. It’s completely Freudian.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair to Morrissey, I think he played 54 different songs last year which isn't bad at all compared to many other acts who started at around the same time.

That last tour had good setlists, with only 4 songs from CS every night, leaving enough space for a rotation of older tunes. Unfortunately, when he's promoting a new album of own material, the number of songs played from the new album usually goes up to 8 each night and there tends to be less of a rotation in the material from his back-catalog. I did a quick count for the 2018 UK tour and arrived at a total of 29 different songs for 10 concerts.

^THIS is what an illiterate, emotively daft slug says when they don’t have the proper words to spout their bullshit like a grown-up.

Haha. Ohhh touched a nerve eh?Truth hurts when it hits you right between the eyes! Viva Moz, sucker.

Smellvis making new friends of different creeds while 'touring' Poland :lbf::lbf:

images

Who would organise a protest? Dave Haslam in Manchester like he did the last time? The record shops that have banned his music. The music websites who have banned all Morrissey content.
Even individuals holding up just a single banner are enough to derail a concert.
There may not be much in the way of protests but ticket sales will be massively down on what he was used to up to the LIHS tour. He is afraid of touring the UK. He's said as much - words to the effect of The Guardian and Independent won't let me tour there any more.
In the pre-internet era, his support for Anne Marie and For Britain could possibly be overlooked pretty quickly but I don't think it can anymore. He's become a bigger household name in the UK in the last two years than ever before but all for the wrong reasons, as the frequent butt of jokes about his perceived bigotry and racism. Even Corbyn losing the election and refusing to apologise was likened to Morrissey.
It's all a bit horrible and pretty unbelievable for long-term fans. The new album could actually be surprisingly good. But without an apology for all the stupid stuff he's done and said in the last two years, it is likely to be his last ever, or at least for many years.

I’m probably going to keep showing this post until about January 2021. It’s that good.

Thank f*** for this prick. Apparently, he just about escaped prison because it was too good for him. Keep them rolling.

Definitely tuning in for the knob next weekend.

If he didn’t exist you’d have to coil him down in the toilet.

I love him, he truly is the last of the least. And he’s trapped in this cage for our entertainment.

Morrissey is touring this year in the UK; come and meet the “toddlers”. Say it to our faces.

After all, what’s to fear?

Li’l shooter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Touring Russia? He performed there n 2006, and mentioned afterwards that there had been no promotion for the concerts there, so attendance was modest. Why would it be different now?

Hoping for a good album and more live shows.

Who would organise a protest? Dave Haslam in Manchester like he did the last time? The record shops that have banned his music. The music websites who have banned all Morrissey content.
Even individuals holding up just a single banner are enough to derail a concert.
There may not be much in the way of protests but ticket sales will be massively down on what he was used to up to the LIHS tour. He is afraid of touring the UK. He's said as much - words to the effect of The Guardian and Independent won't let me tour there any more.
In the pre-internet era, his support for Anne Marie and For Britain could possibly be overlooked pretty quickly but I don't think it can anymore. He's become a bigger household name in the UK in the last two years than ever before but all for the wrong reasons, as the frequent butt of jokes about his perceived bigotry and racism. Even Corbyn losing the election and refusing to apologise was likened to Morrissey.
It's all a bit horrible and pretty unbelievable for long-term fans. The new album could actually be surprisingly good. But without an apology for all the stupid stuff he's done and said in the last two years, it is likely to be his last ever, or at least for many years.

It's bleak on the surface - but because his enemies have done worse & in fact, are, worse - it wouldn't take too much pr magic to get him back on track. If he wants to.

Too many spoilt brats here. The intellectual problem is that it’s Morrissey himself who has indulged them. It’s completely Freudian.

They're a strange bunch. But I've had to deal with Cumberbitches & Hiddlestoners & anything is better than that (except maybe Doctor Who fans **shudders**).

Russia, eh? Where else on earth is there that he can't squeeze a few quid out of, where they may be unaware of his bigotry? All about the money - it always was, and it still is.

Russia, eh? Where else on earth is there that he can't squeeze a few quid out of, where they may be unaware of his bigotry? All about the money - it always was, and it still is.
Ummm you complete and utter thick f***en plank, musicians earn their income from touring. It's how everyone from U2 to 80's one hit wonders make a buck. Are you suggesting Morrissey doesn't have the right to make an income?

The voice of a little Englander.

And if it was ALWAYS about the money (whatever that means),it appeared to have no impact on your earlier fanboy status.

So, dumbass. What’s he supposed to do?
Oh, and explain how it’s all about the money? Well, please enlighten me.

pS. Missus get anything nice for Xmas?

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom