Grim O'Grady

If my opinion matters...If posting pictures is causing so much trouble, why don´t ban this instead of banning people,

Is it a stupid solution? ban, insults, horrible pics (till banning) are welcome:)

Later you can go on and ban letters, words, phrases, a whole post (is it happening right now?) etc,etc, so in the end we will have an empty beautiful forum and the most important: that won´t cause troubles!!!

If someone´s post bothers me I would complain or would ignore it, I can take my own decisions about what to read or not as I did many times in the old times in the chat where I met adorable people whom still I am in touch with to these days, and I am not only talking about Hugh and Grim, but I am not going to give a list now as many of them don´t come here anymore.

I feel sad about all this matter and it seems I am getting older as I feel old times were the best.

My heart has just sunk...

I don't want to get caught up in a he said she said debate...but to discover there's another forum site where the same people have the same on-line names and talk about the same stuff and have the same arguments...is truly disappointing, truly, truly, truly

I can understand why certain well known celebrities would want to protect their names...but to join in the conversations as well....surely there aren't enough hours in the day...

I'm disappointed to see the military state that this place has become. Davidt, I think moderators also need a bit of moderating. Kewpie has been making many users here unhappy for at least a year, maybe more. She was bound to push some more hot blooded people over their limits. The way she is dealing with this situation is also the sign of a bad moderator. It took me forever to find out why Grim and co were banned because Kewpie never answered my questions about it, and when I did find out I was disappointed to learn of the reason (which was a bit radical, but in my opinion didn't deserve banning because it was more or less called for, and should have been dealt with a bit more sense of humour).

I believe banning should be reserved for new users who come here immediately causing trouble, or for repeat offenders. I also think moderators should listen to the other users.

I'm just saying all this as an outisde observer, because nobody has offended me personally. I find Kewpie's way to dealing with the threads a bit annoying, but I can live with it. The people who get on my nerves I can always just put on my ignore list. I just hate to see the people I like to meet here every day get banned.

For moderate moderation... please. I don't want to see anybody else disappear.

I'm disappointed to see the military state that this place has become. Davidt, I think moderators also need a bit of moderating. Kewpie has been making many users here unhappy for at least a year, maybe more. She was bound to push some more hot blooded people over their limits. The way she is dealing with this situation is also the sign of a bad moderator. It took me forever to find out why Grim and co were banned because Kewpie never answered my questions about it, and when I did find out I was disappointed to learn of the reason (which was a bit radical, but in my opinion didn't deserve banning because it was more or less called for, and should have been dealt with a bit more sense of humour).

I believe banning should be reserved for new users who come here immediately causing trouble, or for repeat offenders. I also think moderators should listen to the other users.

I'm just saying all this as an outisde observer, because nobody has offended me personally. I find Kewpie's way to dealing with the threads a bit annoying, but I can live with it. The people who get on my nerves I can always just put on my ignore list. I just hate to see the people I like to meet here every day get banned.

Stephanie,

What a great post! You took the words right out of my mouth (but presented them much better. Cheers! Kali

totally agree with it, perfect words, Stephane:)
Cheers

I have remained very quiet about the recent bannings and have tried to avoid being drawn in to the whole debate (actually on the advice of someone who has been banned)

But a few points i would like to make are -

It is davids site and he has the right to let on who ever he wants to, much like a landlord in a pub , he has the right to say who drinks in his pub and who doesn't , i have tons of respect for david and the site he has set up and the people i have got to know, been put in touch with and learned things from.

But

A pub without customers is not much of a pub ... we have lost a few loyal members recently and it shows in some of the threads i used to enjoy reading , Grim and flax for their collecting information both people i have learned alot from , M23 who i know does like a debate (and is a passionate person who sometimes lets passion take over) has good reason for that , but does contribute a lot of morrissey related stories and information to the site as i am sure no one can deny , even recently by passing a story to uncle skinny to post shows his passion to talk about morrissey

I have not had any personal issues with the moderators and dont feel i can comment on their actions , but i would like to make a request that the recent people that are banned and the people who look after the well being of the site try letting it lay , everyone makes individual appologys and agrees to bury the hatchett for the sake of the site and lets get back to normal

it seems easy as Stephane rightly says , if you dont like someone ignore them

Last edited:
I too am caught up with friends on both sides, so all I can say is this....
Jukebox Jury

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's time others try running a forum. While a user's positive contributions are appreciated, what do you do if that user harasses someone without end and can't handle that things are done their way? I have been lenient with long time members but some refuse to accept the way things are and eventually do something they know will get them be banned. I don't have time to babysit these people so unfortunately they made their own choice.

I think it's time others try running a forum. While a user's positive contributions are appreciated, what do you do if that user harasses someone without end and can't handle that things are done their way? I have been lenient with long time members but some refuse to accept the way things are and eventually do something they know will get them be banned. I don't have time to babysit these people so unfortunately they made their own choice.

Amen to this too. People need to remember that it's just an internet forum, not real life, and things users get away on this forum, they'd never dream of even attempting to get away with in real life. I wish people could be nice.

Peter

This thread is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Anyone contributing to this thread is an idiot, including me. :D :D :D
Now stop fighting and get on with your lives, because we all know that arguing on the internet is like taking part in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded. (oh...and if anyone is offended by this joke, I'd like to apologise but I thought it was funny :p)

This thread is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Anyone contributing to this thread is an idiot, including me. :D :D :D
Now stop fighting and get on with your lives, because we all know that arguing on the internet is like taking part in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded. (oh...and if anyone is offended by this joke, I'd like to apologise but I thought it was funny :p)

We don't want your opinion about anything until you pay your tv licence.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Out of nowhere it's

David%20Hasselhoff.jpg

Has Grim been un-banned now? - his avatar seems to have changed on his old posts and it no longer reads "banned"

There's no new posts from him...but the avatar now says problem child"...

Does he know?

Has Grim been un-banned now? - his avatar seems to have changed on his old posts and it no longer reads "banned"

There's no new posts from him...but the avatar now says problem child"...

Does he know?

Grim sent me a text message last night when I was at the S&G Lads Club benefit gig. He asked me to buy him £10 worth of raffle tickets.
he ended up winning a brand new Lads Club T-shirt:cool:

Grim, if you are reading this...... send me the tenner and then I'll send you the shirt;):D

Jukebox Jury

I thought the fund raiser was tonight! Me and a couple of mates are (were) planning on coming down. Bugger :mad:

Best place a bid on ebay...

Dave

Grim sent me a text message last night when I was at the S&G Lads Club benefit gig. He asked me to buy him £10 worth of raffle tickets.
he ended up winning a brand new Lads Club T-shirt:cool:

Grim, if you are reading this...... send me the tenner and then I'll send you the shirt;):D

Jukebox Jury

Great post Stephane! While I can honestly say, I don't shed a tear about Hugh getting the heave ho, I do think that Kewpie goes a bit overboard with her mod duties. You don't have to like me, and that's fine, I couldn't care less really. I'm a fan too, and although I'm a bit harsh at times, it's because I worship his PIMPship, and take offense to folks who go out of their way to trash him @ every chance they get. EVERYONE here who may not like me, and posters who do will agree on this: I've never said a bad word, comment, or anything else about his Majesty/his music, etc. That's quite a big deal to say/do that, as I've been posting here for the better part of 6-7 yrs now. I just cannot bring myself to do it, I just can't. Morrissey is the PIMP of the world, and his PIMPship should be celebrated you dig? his music, etc. Not trashed, and so forth.

I see people here who trash Morrissey, and everything or anything that he or a label does, & those folks are allowed to continue posting here, yet, some folks, are not. Thats hypocrisy at it's finest.

My point is, that Kewpie needs to be moderated as well, or at the very least, talked to and made aware of how things work here. Kewpie, while i dont know you personally, I do think you don't like alot of folks here, just my take though.

You gave me an "infraction" not too long ago, and claimed i was trying to incite something here, when I clearly wasn't. I didn't curse or say anything bad in the post(which for me is a tough thing to do), just my take on the situation, and I got an "infraction" for it, which I think is total Bullshit. But, I guess I have to deal with it, don't I?

I'm a big PIMP though, I can handle it. You don't have to like me, Which, I can assure you, I won't lose a wink of sleep over . Just pointing out the hypocrisy on the situation is all.

Oh boy! Now I know I will receive another "Infraction" for that. (rollseyes)

Last edited:
My point is, that Kewpie needs to be moderated as well, or at the very least, talked to and made aware of how things work here. Kewpie, while i dont know you personally, I do think you don't like alot of folks here, just my take though.
i am going to make the cop analogy again, the mods are cops here
and cops rarely want to publicly criticize another cop, even one they may consider 'bad' or whatever
tsktskog7.gif

but often they handle things quietly and internally, its quite possible this has already taken place with Kewpie
33.gif

so why dont a lot of you join me in praying this is so :pray:
and now just move the f on!
1106ck8.gif

ps: pimpie, i know you know i think you rock, sorry you got an infraction dude, i think you took it like the stud you are and am always happy to read your posts :D

Tags
coventry drama grimandhughrule handbags at dawn i miss grim
Back
Top Bottom