Grim O'Grady

Glad to hear that not everyone is humourless around here, I certainly don't think you are, but let's put things into perspective here, NOONE DIED.

prefect point. So these threads and stuff are totally pointless!

however if you are all madly missing grim he is his usual cheery self over on
The wrong arms

Re: Hmmm

If you look off-topic, you notice M23 posted three threads this morning which are harassment.
Peter was online and deleted one, I merged the other one with this.
Peter gave M23 for a 3 day time out.
If M23 will not stop misbehaving on the forums he'll be banned.

On Saturday 18th October a user Slum Mum made posts which were also harassment.
After banning Slum Mum, the user made four attempts to repeat the same action.
Moderators identified Slum Mum was actually Grim/GU.
David decided to ban their account because of their misbehaviour.

It is very disrespectful to call it as a massacre.

If a user become abusive towards other user, he/she will be banned from the forums.

wow, Kewpie you get a gold star for actually replying and explaining properly what, who and why,
THANKYOU.

Its all getting a bit too petty round here though, talk about holding grudges, Geez, certain people (and no i will not name names) need to remember that life is but a jot and shouldnt be wasted,
(says she who on here instead of cooking dinner :o)

So you're saying it's OK to invoke Godwin's Law, and compare board members to Hitler?

Peter

I'll say this. If I were compared to Hitler I wouldn't mind, because the comparison is a farce. In the public eye, in my opinion and the opinions of a few others that discussed this in chat, Kewpie, in some ways, benefits from the constant whining silly attacks on her. After a while the people complaining all get "tarred with the same brush" and it's hard to tell a legitimate complaint, of which there have been a few, with someone talking about Hitler.

LOL! Now you're banned for comparing someone to Hitler!

Well, like the mods warned when they publicized their enemies list immediately before this wave of bannings: The people on it had better watch what they say. The zero tolerance policy is in effect. LE is cracking down. A chilly wind is blowing through SoLow.

Well, like the mods warned when they publicized their enemies list immediately before this wave of bannings: The people on it had better watch what they say. The zero tolerance policy is in effect. LE is cracking down. A chilly wind is blowing through SoLow.

I am a model citizen.
If I state it enough times someone will believe it.

I'll tell you why Hugh was given a time-out.

He posted a picture of Hitler in a post about Kewpie and said "Does this remind you of anyone?". In my book that constitutes harasssment of another user, and insulting another user. It's out of order.

I like Hugh, I like Hugh a lot, but this was over-stepping the mark, and I can't make exceptions for people I like.

Peter

Hey, It was firmly established last summer that posting pictures of Nazi even in a sarcastic manner isn't cool. I'm still chafing from that one, but you won't see me doing it again.

Dave has taught me that posting photos of communists is okay though.

It wasn't just that comparison. The user has been harassing the mod for the last several weeks and was asking for it with that trolling post.

If you look off-topic, you notice M23 posted three threads this morning which are harassment.

If a user become abusive towards other user, he/she will be banned from the forums.

He decided to ban their accountS cos of their misbehavior. It's hardly fair, it couldn't have been two people doing it at once, especially as you know one of them was on another forum at the time. Fair enough, ban GU, for posting a picture that is widely available on the internet, but why Grim too?

I am not abusive. In fact I have had my picture plastered over this site without my permission. Did DavidT ban the people responsible for that? did he f*** as like!! Or if he did, they kept creeping back with another ID.

It's a shame to do this, but if you feel the need to call people TROLLS, then they might start acting like one. Off to post member/mod pictures on a fetish website now (no not YOU Unkle skinny)

He decided to ban their accountS cos of their misbehavior. It's hardly fair, it couldn't have been two people doing it at once, especially as you know one of them was on another forum at the time. Fair enough, ban GU, for posting a picture that is widely available on the internet, but why Grim too?

I am not abusive. In fact I have had my picture plastered over this site without my permission. Did DavidT ban the people responsible for that? did he f*** as like!! Or if he did, they kept creeping back with another ID.

It's a shame to do this, but if you feel the need to call people TROLLS, then they might start acting like one. Off to post member/mod pictures on a fetish website now (no not YOU Unkle skinny)

Love the new username. :D

Every time I see "Grim O' Grady" I cannot help but remember the Bugs Bunny Cartoon "A Hare Grows in Manhattan." You know the one where Bugs is all dressed up singing:

I'm da daughtah of Row-sie Oh Gray-deeeee
A Luv-ah-lee ole fashined goil

Could someone find that and post it please?

Every time I see "Grim O' Grady" I cannot help but remember the Bugs Bunny Cartoon "A Hare Grows in Manhattan." You know the one where Bugs is all dressed up singing:

I'm da daughtah of Row-sie Oh Gray-deeeee
A Luv-ah-lee ole fashined goil

Could someone find that and post it please?

This one...

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

This one...

Peter

Thank's Peter - I have no direct access to youtube and did not have the computer handy that we "doctored" to gain access to everything. I love that cartoon.

Dogpile on the rabbit indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Have any of you reading this found these said three post which were harassment? Me neither.

I'll tell you why Hugh was given a time-out.

He posted a picture of Hitler in a post about Kewpie and said "Does this remind you of anyone?". In my book that constitutes harasssment of another user, and insulting another user. It's out of order.

I like Hugh, I like Hugh a lot, but this was over-stepping the mark, and I can't make exceptions for people I like.

Peter

There was no mention of Kewpie. Why does Hilter reminded you of Kewpie?

There was nothing funny about that. There should be no debate on it. Not everyone is humourless here.

My thoughts previously: http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=912429&postcount=82

So you're saying it's OK to invoke Godwin's Law, and compare board members to Hitler?

Peter

It was not me who made that comparison. You did.

some people need to be banned because they simply do not realize how embarrassed they should be by their invoking of Godwin's law*
i mean thats a textbook troll move from like 20 years ago :cool:

nazipigeoncopy.jpg

*=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

I don't want you banned too. If So-low practised equality, you'd have been given an infraction too for posting a non-glorifying nazi image. What if a mod had make a connection of harassment in their head?

Hey, It was firmly established last summer that posting pictures of Nazi even in a sarcastic manner isn't cool. I'm still chafing from that one, but you won't see me doing it again.

Dave has taught me that posting photos of communists is okay though.

I think it was established it is only ok if you make posts glorifying nazi's or create user names of famous nazi's.

It wasn't just that comparison. The user has been harassing the mod for the last several weeks and was asking for it with that trolling post.

So, the photo of hitler also made you think of Hitler? Dear, dear! I was thinking of Masefield. I made no mention of Kewpie.

I can think of harassment from her to me. How about you Blinker boy?

Good points but don't expect fairness or equallity here.

Subject: Who pulled the plug on me?
Date: 27/10/2008 09:40:04 GMT Standard Time
To: Uncleskinny, vicarinatutugal, Sphinx, DavidT

and why exactly?
H

Date: 27/10/2008 17:44:46 GMT Standard Time

Hi there Hugh your infraction will expire in 3 days its a time out. I think you know what it was for so even writing this bothers me but anyway incase you forgot You posted a thread with a pic in it and were infracted against due to that.
You will have a PM in your in box explaining the infraction, which you can see when you get back on.
thats it as far as I can see it.

hope you are ok.

Karin

(are you coming on to Kate's site http://thewrongarms.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Date: 27/10/2008 21:04:43 GMT Standard Time

Thanks for taking the time to reply Karin. Either Peter's balls or his manners have shrivelled completely up David's arse, along with his sense of humour.

I'm pissed off. Hope you're well.

We both know why I was really sent to the naughty step. I remember all my posts clearly. None broke TOS but that isn't important in the So-low kangaroo court. Apparently there are three valid examples to be found in 'Off topic'. Can I see them and what TOS they broke? Tensions have escalated further and the current impasse looks less likely to ever be resolved. It's inevitable that I will respond to what I see as unjust and the Solo mods aren't really going to care that Hugh Clark is pissed off. I don't think David cares about anything at all.

My understanding now is only photographs glorifying nazi's can be posted on solo. We kind of knew that anyway going on history. It's kind of funny to be banned for posting a look-a-like of Masefield. What my dislike of steak pies has to do with Grim, I've no idea. Even the thread I started about the Moz wannabe was merged. I'm fine with that but look at the new threads posted today that should have been merged but weren't. We know the reason mine was and the others weren't.

The reason I've not popped into The wrong arms for a pint is, well, my desire to pour a pint of my own piss over Kewpie isn't going to weaken there. It's seems to be the bastard child from a one-night stand with solo. It would depend on how Kate runs her site, the people that serve it and the members that use it. I'd need to see a difference from So-low. I wish it lots of success. Also, I don't see why David, Peter and Kewpie's ignorance should exclude me from the Morrissey community. Which, effectively they have to a large extent and that wasn't the smart answer. That will only be effective against 'Morrissey the 23rd'. To paraphrase Lincoln, to sin by silence when I should protest would make me a coward. As Skywalker said to Vader, 'Never!'.

While writing this while in-between making and eating dinner, posts have obviously carried on and I need to respond to what I've read: There were no posts about Kewpie. In court, you'd have to present acceptable evidence. What you have is a belief. There is a massive difference. Doesn't calling Theo a wanker constitute harassment? I'm struggling to see that as anything other than directly insulting another user. Well, it is in my book and it is out-of-order. The different rules for different people will continue to cause friction on So-low. It is even kind of fascist eh? Your action has also seriously damaged our friendship Peter.

I must say Karin. That is a mighty big statement for you to decide what is funny and what isn't. My thoughts previously: http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=912429&postcount=82

It is good to see Kewpie finally making an effort to explain.

Love, peace and harmony? Aye right!

Tags
coventry drama grimandhughrule handbags at dawn i miss grim
Back
Top Bottom