GQ: "A$AP Rocky Is the Prettiest Man Alive" - Morrissey reportedly features on new A$AP Rocky album (May 19, 2021)

"Two new important creative partners are likely to be found on All Smiles. The first is Morrissey.

Morrissey! Rocky, it turns out, is a huge fan, and he's been working remotely with the Pope of Mope over the past year. The former Smiths frontman has been writing, producing, and contributing vocals to the new record, Rocky says. 'Anything you need him to do, he show up and do.'"

Related item:
Media items:

I’m guessing his decision to take him up was based at least in part as maybe rewarding people who are still willing to speak up about him. I’m also wondering if his opinion about rap has changed as it’s expanded into pop various nationalities and other genres etc. if his opinion about rap being narrow and samey was based on what he was hearing then maybe his appreciation grew as it expanded worldwide over the years

Can only find a song called “Mamma don’t you think I know?” and it’s Cochran the rocker not rap.

Not a clue what he's referring to - sounds like something Tupac would write, but he's a music nerd so it could be any obscure track.

This is good news.
Mmm, the only thing that could be justified from working with a rapper is that I serve him that money to donate to Peta or another institution, as a contribution to the cause

Not a clue what he's referring to - sounds like something Tupac would write, but he's a music nerd so it could be any obscure track.
Yeah, Morrissey is known for his obscure taste in rap. He's either clumsily referring to 2Pac's "Dear Mama" or this is a track he conjured up from his imagination.

Rap sucks and is a product of white guilt. Talentless thugs.

Yeah, Morrissey is known for his obscure taste in rap. He's either clumsily referring to 2Pac's "Dear Mama" or this is a track he conjured up from his imagination.

It's not about his taste - he likes to research what's going on in music. He listens to a lot of things he's not otherwise interested in.

He's talked about it over the years.

I wouldn't bet there isn't a rap track with that name or that lyric, somewhere.

It's not about his taste - he likes to research what's going on in music. He listens to a lot of things he's not otherwise interested in.

He's talked about it over the years.

I wouldn't bet there isn't a rap track with that name or that lyric, somewhere.
I dare say it has already been mentioned, but I’ve just read on ASAP Rocky’s Wikipedia page that he is vegan.

Genius guesstimates the album tracks based on recent works, unreleased bits and snippets - some interesting titles and writers.
Only shared to give a potential sense of how it might appear.

FWD.

"It's Best For Me To Go" sounds like
the one that Moz'll be on.

Mmm, the only thing that could be justified from working with a rapper is that I serve him that money to donate to Peta or another institution, as a contribution to the cause

We don't know what's on his mind, but whatever it is, I trust him.

In my opinion, it's always good news when artists as important as Morrissey collaborate with other artists coming from different backgrounds and music styles. It can be quite refreshing and also open interesting possibilities career-wise.

We don't know what's on his mind, but whatever it is, I trust him.

In my opinion, it's always good news when artists as important as Morrissey collaborate with other artists coming from different backgrounds and music styles. It can be quite refreshing and also open interesting possibilities career-wise.

Moz is getting a right roasting on social media. Hopefully he doesn't read it and try to sue Twitter.

As we all know there are people who love pizza with pineapple ... 🙈

He's trying far too hard to be honest (see newest thread about 'diverse appeal')... Years ago, when he didn't need to appear non-white friendly, he DID refuse the Gorillaz album. From deity to pity. Direct access through own management on social media killed the radio star.

The story is that Rocky reached out to Morrissey and it's not very likely it's the other way. But who do we know that is close to Morrissey, seems to be an opportunist, and somehow wields influence?
This might be Morrissey's way to help Sam get a new job so he can reclaim responsibility for his visuals again, promos, videos and so on.
Sam can take his bootleg photoshop and start working on pics of Rocky and Rihanna if Morrissey's plan works!
#FingersCrossed

The story is that Rocky reached out to Morrissey and it's not very likely it's the other way. But who do we know that is close to Morrissey, seems to be an opportunist, and somehow wields influence?
This might be Morrissey's way to help Sam get a new job so he can reclaim responsibility for his visuals again, promos, videos and so on.
Sam can take his bootleg photoshop and start working on pics of Rocky and Rihanna if Morrissey's plan works!
#FingersCrossed
Killing two birds with one stone then: job for nephew and also part of Morrissey's long-overdue diversity initiative.

California Son, Snoop Dog, and Ice Cube have been recording together for at least 20 years at Sunset Sound. Don't know if the sessions will see the light of day or if they were even recorded. They all obviously grew up together in Moz Angeles and are involved in Moz Angeles basketball leagues. California Son is an investor in Cube's 3 on 3 basketball league called BIG3.

It's amazing how you people here can manipulate something so American as a black gangsta rap dude to try to make him fit into you delusional British worlds, just like how you do with California Son, a guy that is as American as apple pie and baseball, but because he played an indie British band 35 years ago for three years, duping and continually duping you with that cold rainy day depressed hate the world I never talk to my neighbor I'd rather not get involved bullshit while he is on his jet ski off Malibu or holding court at the Calabasas Country Club, is amazing. You people really are a delusional cult.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom