GQ: "A$AP Rocky Is the Prettiest Man Alive" - Morrissey reportedly features on new A$AP Rocky album (May 19, 2021)

"Two new important creative partners are likely to be found on All Smiles. The first is Morrissey.

Morrissey! Rocky, it turns out, is a huge fan, and he's been working remotely with the Pope of Mope over the past year. The former Smiths frontman has been writing, producing, and contributing vocals to the new record, Rocky says. 'Anything you need him to do, he show up and do.'"

Related item:
Media items:

My best pal...
F52A2FDD-A1A5-4AA5-A8DB-4BA779B61B06.jpeg

It's not false. He wouldn't have mentioned it if he didn't appreciate it & outside of his own immediate inspirations he has slagged off nearly everything.
I won't be convinced until you post some gigantic photos and repeat yourself at least twenty more times.

On one level all music is just an arrangement of sound organized by time. The music you know and appreciate is not going to be taken from you. It's not even going to be on Morrissey's record so all you have to do if this collaboration bothers you is ignore it. It does seem very narrow-minded to have a negative response to something you haven't heard. I doubt it will be worse than "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle"anyway but could be!

Racist!!!!

Had he said The Marshall Mathers LP or something by Kanye, or even Straight Outta Compton, I would be more inclined to agree with you. But Fear of a Black Planet is not at all such an obvious choice. It’s not that well known. It’s not even P.E.’s most famous album (It Takes a Nation...is).

Salsa dont encourage BGV, there is probably more rick and roll in fear of a black planet
than there is in the white album :hammer:

On one level all music is just an arrangement of sound organized by time. The music you know and appreciate is not going to be taken from you. It's not even going to be on Morrissey's record so all you have to do if this collaboration bothers you is ignore it. It does seem very narrow-minded to have a negative response to something you haven't heard. I doubt it will be worse than "Kick the Bride Down the Aisle"anyway but could be!
😶
WTF? Moz albums are written and performed by 'time'?:crazy:

Morrissey said this in 2015, in Alternative Nation:

I’m not inspired by rap but I can see how ‘Fear Of a Black Planet’ or ‘Mamma, Don’t You Think They Know?’ jumps ahead with everything Nina Simone was doing with ‘To Be Young, Gifted And Black’… I think rap has scared the American white establishment to death, mainly because it’s true. James Brown once sang “Say It Loud, I’m Black And I’m Proud”. No pop artist would ever be allowed to say that today … they’d be instantly dropped from the label. If Billie Holiday approached Capitol Records in 2015 they wouldn’t entertain her for a second.

although he went on to write Bobby, Don't You Think They Know. So he is inspired by their words, if not their musical style.
Can only find a song called “Mamma don’t you think I know?” and it’s Cochran the rocker not rap.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom