GQ: "A$AP Rocky Is the Prettiest Man Alive" - Morrissey reportedly features on new A$AP Rocky album (May 19, 2021)

"Two new important creative partners are likely to be found on All Smiles. The first is Morrissey.

Morrissey! Rocky, it turns out, is a huge fan, and he's been working remotely with the Pope of Mope over the past year. The former Smiths frontman has been writing, producing, and contributing vocals to the new record, Rocky says. 'Anything you need him to do, he show up and do.'"

Related item:
Media items:

I don't know anything about A$AP Rocky, but I love it when Morrissey does weird (for him), unpredictable stuff and I'm very intrigued by the fact that the article mentions 'producing' in addition to writing and singing.
Same here in regards to the “producing” part! Very interesting and I’ll be intrigued to hear what they’ve been working on.

I'm sorry, no one in the UK has heard of this 'artist' and it will mean nothing
Surely projecting your own ignorance and disinterest in modern popular culture on an entire nation is unfair, no?

Maybe this quote from the article explains it...?

"...a relentlessly charismatic artist whose favorite canvas is the mosh pit, a norm-busting style icon, a singularly charming man who could tease a smile out of a gargoyle"

You could say no to someone like that. 😉
Only a certain in-house troll would turn down someone like that.

I'm sorry, no one in the UK has heard of this 'artist' and it will mean nothing
You show your age when you claim nobody in the UK has heard of A$AP Rocky. And putting "artist" in quotes is rather suspect, I do wonder what you meant by that. Even Morrissey, a racist (in your view), can see rap is an art form. The relentless bitterness doesn't suit you (or anybody).

You show your age when you claim nobody in the UK has heard of A$AP Rocky. And putting "artist" in quotes is rather suspect, I do wonder what you meant by that. Even Morrissey, a racist (in your view), can see rap is an art form. The relentless bitterness doesn't suit you (or anybody)
You show your age when you claim nobody in the UK has heard of A$AP Rocky. And putting "artist" in quotes is rather suspect, I do wonder what you meant by that. Even Morrissey, a racist (in your view), can see rap is an art form. The relentless bitterness doesn't suit you (or anybody).
I’d say it’s tantamount on his part to racism. Dropped his own guard by that statement.

I did watch a bit of a video called 'Babushka Boi' and it hilariously features police made up to look like pigs. I'm sure that he and Morrissey get on famously but I'm not holding out much hope regarding the quality of any music that is released.

I'm guessing staying in a hotel less than 3 miles away from Sunset Sound is helping facilitate some of these recent bits of news.
FWD.

It's been a wild ride watching Morrissey grow ever more flailing & desperate to capture what sells & is popular or fashionable & missing the mark by miles. If he had a crystal ball in the 80s that allowed him to see his future he'd have gone the Ian Curtis route. That's the funny thing about life- you die in your prime with your legacy untouched, or you throw everything at the wall like dog shit to see what sticks and keep peddling increasingly cringe material.

I personally have high hopes for this collaboration and I think Joe Chiccarelli could create a really rich atmosphere with the band accompanying Morrissey as he croons:

"Hold up bitches simmer down
Takin' hella long bitch give it to me now
Make that thing pop like a semi or a nine
Oh baby like it raw with a shimmy shimmy ya
Huh, ASAP get like me
Never met a motherf***er fresh like me
All these motherf***ers wanna dress like me
Put the chrome to your dome make you sweat like Keith
Cause I'm the nigga, the nigga nigga
Like how you figure?
Getting figures and f***in bitches
She rollin' swishers for her bitches
I bought my niggas they getting bent up off the liquor
She love my licorice, I let her lick it
They say money make a nigga act n*****-ish
But at least a nigga nigga rich
I be f***in' broads like I be f***in' bored
Turn a dyke bitch out have her f***in' boys
Beast"

Well, possibly in the US, but he's a nobody in the UK. I guarantee you.
I often agree with you, but you wrong here. You don't know because you're old and don't know about hip hop, but even in 2015 he was playing sold out arenas in the UK. Just because you don't know who he is doesn't mean he's a "Nobody."

It's not that important if you like it or if it's successful. It's healthy for musicians to work with other musicians and be exposed to different methods, techniques, and styles.
I love the reviews of music that no one has heard yet but maybe the important thing is that Morrissey is a working musician.

Genius guesstimates the album tracks based on recent works, unreleased bits and snippets - some interesting titles and writers.
Only shared to give a potential sense of how it might appear.

FWD.

Well, possibly in the US, but he's a nobody in the UK. I guarantee you.
E9BF18EC-E94A-40FC-8B8B-4D44E3FFE375.jpeg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom