Good Heavens! or Bloody Hell!

What do you imagine/believe Heaven or Hell to be?

Some see Heaven as a place or reward for virtuous life, others as no-fun.
Some see Hell as just punishment for misdemeanours, others as a place where they can do all the "bad" things they like without interference.

Do you believe in existence after death? If so, what form?

discuss

Sorry. We are all accidents in time, a ball of chemical reactions that will stop one day. Don't try to rationalise above this, because that's all we are. No heaven, no hell, not even a void. We stop.

Peter

Sorry. We are all accidents in time, a ball of chemical reactions that will stop one day. Don't try to rationalise above this, because that's all we are. No heaven, no hell, not even a void. We stop.

Peter

Belinda tells me heaven is a place on earth, Morrissey tells me there is a place in hell for him and his mates.

Some might say they don't believe in heaven
try and tell it to the man who lives in hell.....:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

It's a fluffy idea ....but death is the end.The key is enjoy the now or endeavour to.:rolleyes:

I hear people say
"I'm going to Hell and I don't care" in a boastful way, as if they are too much of a rebel to be afraid. But I suspect they either don't believe in Hell at all, or their idea of "Hell" is a cosy place where they can indulge themselves without having to feel guilty.

I have an aquaintance who says
"My religious beliefs tell me I am going to Hell for being gay." He could change his beliefs, but does not, and lives in "Hell" every day.

So is Heaven or Hell what we live now, what we choose in our lives today rather than what might happen after death, which no-one can be sure of?

bus stops.

What do you imagine/believe Heaven or Hell to be?

Some see Heaven as a place or reward for virtuous life, others as no-fun.
Some see Hell as just punishment for misdemeanours, others as a place where they can do all the "bad" things they like without interference.

Do you believe in existence after death? If so, what form?

discuss

I don't believe in existence after death. But that's just a "belief" - actually a simple statement that there is no real evidence, so that little can be said about it. And I'm not taking Blaise Pascal's gambit either.

Life and death is what I'm sure of: I have seen people die in a number of ways, and it surely ended their life on this planet. I therefore prefer to concentrate on the "life" part. So if I should end up in Heaven or in Hell, at least I'll be able to tell the difference.

That's all I can say about it.

I dunno but if I could choose what to do after life, i'd gone back to the 90's... to be the 6th Spice Girl:

Triumph_Inspiration_Award_90e3.jpg

slutty spice

Back
Top Bottom