Glasgow meet up?

GlasgowChivas

Doing the Terrace Stomp
Taking the lead from VivaBob's London & Manchester thread
lets have a place for a meet in Glasgow.

I'll leave it to people who are uglier than you and I to make the suggestions as there is probably a well established tradition that I just don't know about.

Suggestions please!

*Set's reminder to bump this thread in 4 months time*

Last edited:
I'd be up for that! I'm new here so obviously don't have a clue about any ongoing traditions, but how about Mono? Pretty handy for the Barrowland. I don't know that part of town v well though so maybe there's other places that'd be better.

I'd be up for that! I'm new here so obviously don't have a clue about any ongoing traditions, but how about Mono? Pretty handy for the Barrowland. I don't know that part of town v well though so maybe there's other places that'd be better.

I like Mono, and it is close to The Barras without being one of those Trongate pubs that you come out of missing an ear....

Taking the lead from VivaBob's London & Manchester thread
lets have a place for a meet in Glasgow.

I'll leave it to people who are uglier than you and I to make the suggestions as there is probably a well established tradition that I just don't know about.

Suggestions please!

*Set's reminder to bump this thread in 4 months time*

i got ripped for that thread ..

i think we should do the glasgow meet up prior to may so we have practiced enough so it is the best meet up ever when it happens LOL

i love mono (and its round the corner from my house) , mcchulls is a good option for a night out at the barras

i got ripped for that thread ..

i think we should do the glasgow meet up prior to may so we have practiced enough so it is the best meet up ever when it happens LOL

i love mono (and its round the corner from my house) , mcchulls is a good option for a night out at the barras

A practice run ha ha:p.

I like their cider, it's even better when someone else pay's for it:guitar:.

BUMP

i think we should make our meet up in McChulls on the high street any thoughts ??

I would like an afternoon meet up on thursday to get merry ... anyone care to join in

Count me in. Although, I won't be getting drunk as I want to remember the show. I got a bit "merry" before the MEN gig in 2004 and I can only remember about 5 songs. Thank God for the DVD lol.

James.

if i end up going to the thursday show i'd definitely be up for meeting some of you fine people. friday would be a no go for me though as it is my birthday and i want to be front row centre so that morrissey can look into my eyes and fall deeply in love with me. we can have a whirlwind romance that will end two days later when he realises i'm actually a bit of a c***, in time for me to go to the albert hall show where i will glare at him desperately and hold up up a sign that reads "PLEASE TAKE ME BACK".

so yeah, is the idea for the thursday or friday?

I'm probably going to be queueing up but have fun, I got my Headmaster Ritual 7" in Mono on Saturday. Seems like a nice place.

Wheres the after show?
If its in someone's house ive not inadvertently invited myself, just in case!

From reading this, I'm sensing it's a choice between queueing up and getting a fairly decent view, or having a drink beforehand? Is it really a choice between one or the other? I'd like to get to meet some more of you guys (I'm such a filthy lurker on this board), but I'd also like to have a lovely spot at the gig, given that this is the only one I can afford :(

Advice/suggestions?

I'm up for joining you lot in McChuils (if that's definetly where you are) on Thursday. If you'll have me.

From reading this, I'm sensing it's a choice between queueing up and getting a fairly decent view, or having a drink beforehand? Is it really a choice between one or the other? I'd like to get to meet some more of you guys (I'm such a filthy lurker on this board), but I'd also like to have a lovely spot at the gig, given that this is the only one I can afford :(

Advice/suggestions?

Agreed. Want to be sociable but also want to be in the queue early!

*rubs chin*

May have to start drinking at 11am to do both

McChuills or Mono are both fine and close by so am happy to meet up there

So.....what time?

GC

Back
Top Bottom