Get Knitting!

Just finished the second side to the bag I've been knitting for about a year - only took two days to do the second side! However, I managed to bollocks up the picot edge on the first side, so now the edges don't match. :tears:

Just finished the second side to the bag I've been knitting for about a year - only took two days to do the second side! However, I managed to bollocks up the picot edge on the first side, so now the edges don't match. :tears:

Tell 'em it's a random edge and it's arty. :thumb:

I can't knit at the mo. My eczema is so bad my fingers are a bandaged mass of splits and I can hardly bend them. :(

Tell 'em it's a random edge and it's arty. :thumb:

I can't knit at the mo. My eczema is so bad my fingers are a bandaged mass of splits and I can hardly bend them. :(

Ouch! :(
I think it was second time lucky with my picot edge - it's supposed to have little triangles going out from the holes, isn't it? The first one just has a thick chain of wool going across the top of the hole. :p At least I can disguise the mismatchingness easily because one side will be facing me and no-one will see it. :p

Please will somebody knit me something? The nights are drawing so alas winter is in the post, even a willy warmer would do...extra small obviously. x

P.S Sorry to lower the tone.

Last edited:
Please will some knit me something? The nights are drawing so alas winter is in the post, even a willy warmer would do...extra small obviously. x

P.S Sorry to lower the tone.

Ewwww, I can't knit. :(
I'm good at cooking, but not knitting and sewing.

Last edited:
I knitted a draught-excluder snake for my friend as a Christmas present, and it went wonderfully, much to my surprise! Sadly I have no photographic proof, since the snake has now been wrapped up and sent to him.

I'm knitting my boyfriend a scarf for Christmas and my mum's helping me with it.

I bought the wool from Boyes, but it's really nice wool, I'll try and upload a picture of the finished product in a few days!

I'm knitting my boyfriend a scarf for Christmas and my mum's helping me with it.

I bought the wool from Boyes, but it's really nice wool, I'll try and upload a picture of the finished product in a few days!

Boyes has the last decent knitting department in the North. :thumb:

It's really nice and plush but I suspect it's gone up in price.

You don't know what it's really like over the internet do you?

Poundstretcher, Wilkinson's and Home Discount are also worth checking for inexpensive eyelash/plushy yarns.

I think your second statement applies to life in general, o wise M220559....

I'm knitting tiny penises.

Note to self: 18" for making up, cast on 9 sts, 13 rows, on 14s, yarn split (use 2 of 3 strands).

Last edited:
I'm teaching myself how to knit with a kit my mom gave me for Christmas.
After much swearing and many temper tantrums, I can now cast on and do a basic knit stitch.

Question: What do you do with the tail of the yarn when you are done? My mom says you don't put a knot in it, but stitch it back through the last stitches. Won't it all unravel without a knot?

I just made an extraordinarily ugly pea green knitted book mark. *bows*

I'm teaching myself how to knit with a kit my mom gave me for Christmas.
After much swearing and many temper tantrums, I can now cast on and do a basic knit stitch.

Question: What do you do with the tail of the yarn when you are done? My mom says you don't put a knot in it, but stitch it back through the last stitches. Won't it all unravel without a knot?

I just made an extraordinarily ugly pea green knitted book mark. *bows*

Assuming you've cut the yarn, just pull the last remaining stitch bigger and bigger until the cut end slips though. The work can't unravel now. Then thread the cut end on a needle and like your mum says, darn the end back into the fabric of your garment.

Assuming you've cut the yarn, just pull the last remaining stitch bigger and bigger until the cut end slips though. The work can't unravel now. Then thread the cut end on a needle and like your mum says, darn the end back into the fabric of your garment.

Worked like a charm, Kate, thanks!

The ugly bookmark has been completed, and isn't worth photographing, but here is my second project. I used a vintage pattern.

Please ignore the ugly striped yarn, it's the smallest I had on hand.

dress1.jpg

I think I've got the stocking stitch down. The top is k1 p1 ribbing. I even bound off in ribbing! *pats back*

The back is a mess because the stripes don't match up and I need to practice sewing.

I'm just back from Michael's with new yarn, which (I hope) is much more sophisticated-looking. And some smaller needles.

This is highly addicting, once you get the hang of it.

Worked like a charm, Kate, thanks!

The ugly bookmark has been completed, and isn't worth photographing, but here is my second project. I used a vintage pattern.

Please ignore the ugly striped yarn, it's the smallest I had on hand.

dress1.jpg

I think I've got the stocking stitch down. The top is k1 p1 ribbing. I even bound off in ribbing! *pats back*

The back is a mess because the stripes don't match up and I need to practice sewing.

I'm just back from Michael's with new yarn, which (I hope) is much more sophisticated-looking. And some smaller needles.

This is highly addicting, once you get the hang of it.

Ha! I used to crochet dog-blankets using that sort of yarn. The vintage frock works, though. :thumb: (Show us the book mark!)

Tags
balls
Back
Top Bottom