Get Knitting!

My sister has been nagging me to put my things up on ravelry. I haven't done it. Of course, she hasn't been updating her page since she had her son a few months ago.

I like this purse: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chunky-cable-purse ;)

That's pretty. :) I must bite the bullet and learn how to knit in the round.

I'm knitting a 56" bag strap for a case for one of those mini-laptops; the strap is taking longer to knit than the ruddy bag. *sigh*

That's pretty. :) I must bite the bullet and learn how to knit in the round.

I'm knitting a 56" bag strap for a case for one of those mini-laptops; the strap is taking longer to knit than the ruddy bag. *sigh*

The bag is not in the round, it's knit flat. (Or wait- I can't even remember how I did it. Maybe it is in the round. ) Really, you've never knit in the round? My join is never very smooth, but I always manage to fix it when I weave in the ends. So you've never done socks? I've only done two pair, but I love them.

I tried knitting a camera strap from stout cotton yarn, but I gave up. Soooo long and boring to knit.

I'm doing another pair of these slippers: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/felt-ballerina-slippers-ac-14

I've done them five or six times already, they make great gifts. I like to give them to the recipient unfelted, with instructions, because it's so fun to felt them yourself and that way they can get a perfect fit.

And I have a baby sweater on the needles for that nephew I mentioned. He's going to be grown by the time I finish, fortunately it's a Debbie Bliss pattern and so it's guaranteed to be freakishly oversized. There is lots of humorous speculation about the size of English babies, based on her sizing. ;)

The bag is not in the round, it's knit flat. (Or wait- I can't even remember how I did it. Maybe it is in the round. ) Really, you've never knit in the round? My join is never very smooth, but I always manage to fix it when I weave in the ends. So you've never done socks? I've only done two pair, but I love them.

I tried knitting a camera strap from stout cotton yarn, but I gave up. Soooo long and boring to knit.

I'm doing another pair of these slippers: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/felt-ballerina-slippers-ac-14

I've done them five or six times already, they make great gifts. I like to give them to the recipient unfelted, with instructions, because it's so fun to felt them yourself and that way they can get a perfect fit.

And I have a baby sweater on the needles for that nephew I mentioned. He's going to be grown by the time I finish, fortunately it's a Debbie Bliss pattern and so it's guaranteed to be freakishly oversized. There is lots of humorous speculation about the size of English babies, based on her sizing. ;)

It's on circular needles, so I assumed it would be in the round, although that's not always the case, I know.

This felting lark; it seems to be rampant on Ravelry but I only came across it maybe a year ago. Presumably, it involves wool rather than cottons and synthetics.... I suffer from excema, so I'm itching just thinking about it.:(

Maybe Debbie takes the "Ooh, he'll grow into it!" approach to sizing. :)

Another 20" to go on this strap....*groans*

Just finished knitting this jacket for my friend and now I'm knitting a Paddington Bear for a friend's baby :) I'm having a retro toy phase; after Paddington is finished I'm making a Woble and a Super Ted for the twins and a Care Bear for a friend's unborn :D

It's on circular needles, so I assumed it would be in the round, although that's not always the case, I know.

This felting lark; it seems to be rampant on Ravelry but I only came across it maybe a year ago. Presumably, it involves wool rather than cottons and synthetics.... I suffer from excema, so I'm itching just thinking about it.:(

Maybe Debbie takes the "Ooh, he'll grow into it!" approach to sizing. :)

Another 20" to go on this strap....*groans*
Knitting in the round is easy when you've got the hang of it! Some find double pointed needles easier than a circular needle, but I prefer a circular needle. Just make sure you get the right length, I've made that mistake before!
I desperately want to knit a Bag Puss, but the pattern is going for over a tenner on ebay and I just can't bring myself to part with that sort of cash :(

Knitting in the round is easy when you've got the hang of it! Some find double pointed needles easier than a circular needle, but I prefer a circular needle. Just make sure you get the right length, I've made that mistake before!
I desperately want to knit a Bag Puss, but the pattern is going for over a tenner on ebay and I just can't bring myself to part with that sort of cash :(

hattie, BUGPUSS, not Bag Puss. :rolleyes:

I have three autographes on three books of Oliver Postgate, Peter and Emily Firmin.

lol! I don't even know what you pair are talking about :p :o
have you been at the wine Karin :p
There is a gorgeous bagpuss knitting pattern, but it's very rare and goes for over a tenner on ebay. i really want it, but I can't bring myself to spend so much money on a knitting pattern!

have you been at the wine Karin :p
There is a gorgeous bagpuss knitting pattern, but it's very rare and goes for over a tenner on ebay. i really want it, but I can't bring myself to spend so much money on a knitting pattern!

I got confused cause Kewpie was calling it BUGpuss :confused:

no wine tonight Im not feeling too great and on antibiotics. Plus I am trying to cut it down a bit for my figure lol (not that I drink a lot :D)

I got confused cause Kewpie was calling it BUGpuss :confused:

no wine tonight Im not feeling too great and on antibiotics. Plus I am trying to cut it down a bit for my figure lol (not that I drink a lot :D)
haha! I didn't notice she'd made a typo whilest correcting me :D ;)
awwwwwwwwww! Hope you feel better soon! I'm having a few beers tonight, not good for my figure I know, but f*** it, I like beer!

A mini laptop bag to cleanse my jaded knitting palate after all those smutty knits. :)

laptopbagopen.jpg

I'm in the middle of a little Morrissey!:D I haven't figured out which era Moz I'm going to make... any suggestions?:p I'm thinking either Quarry Moz or TOTP What Difference Does It Make? Moz.:)

I'm in the middle of a little Morrissey!:D I haven't figured out which era Moz I'm going to make... any suggestions?:p I'm thinking either Quarry Moz or TOTP What Difference Does It Make? Moz.:)

How much stuffing do you have? That should decide it for you. :D

My stumbling block is making the shirts. I spent half the morning trying to make a 1990s sparkly falls-off-the-shoulder-before-being-ripped-from-his-glistening-torso shift top, but gave up and frogged it. I need to find someone who can sew. :(

PS: Which pattern are you using? Mine, Knit Your Own Rock Star, Knitted Icons?

Last edited:

What Difference Does it Make?!!!! =D Do it, boyo! You will get big hugs. :)

How much stuffing do you have? That should decide it for you.

My stumbling block is making the shirts. I spent half the morning trying to make a 1990s sparkly falls-off-the-shoulder-before-being-ripped-from-his-glistening-torso shift top, but gave up and frogged it. I need to find someone who can sew.

PS: Which pattern are you using? Mine, Knit Your Own Rock Star, Knitted Icons?

Oooh, ooh, I can sew! :) I would do it for you. :)

I managed to finish my first self-knitted scarf yesterday! *cue applause* :p It's all beautiful and stripy. :)

Oooh, ooh, I can sew! :) I would do it for you. :)

I managed to finish my first self-knitted scarf yesterday! *cue applause* :p It's all beautiful and stripy. :)

That'd be brilliant! I'll PM you when I know which version I'm making next. Thank you. :)

Show us yer scarf then!

That'd be brilliant! I'll PM you when I know which version I'm making next. Thank you. :)

Show us yer scarf then!

Yeah, I have a few scraps of different funny materials in my sewing box-thingy, so he can have all sorts of shirts. :) I'd need his measurements, inner leg if he's having a pair of denim jeans as well. ;) I should take a photo of my Frankenstein's Mozster, whom I lovingly sewed into a really buggered-up form. :( That'll teach me not to use any templates. :p

I will upload it later, because I can't find the camera.

Tags
balls
Back
Top Bottom