George Michael lets us in on a secret

No Way. Johnny's record comes out in October followed by a tour with musicians he actually likes who are damn good. Who really wants a Smiths reunion? Nobody

A Morrissey/Marr studio collaboration might be interesting, particularly if Morrissey rediscovered his lyrical bite, but the full band together again live? It would only be for the money, and couldn't recapture that moment in time when they were at their peak.

I fear it would be like the Pistols reunion a few years ago. A small to middling media scrum, fun for those attending, a paradise for the touts, but ultimately something that diminished the legend rather than added to it, and all the while vaguely embarrassing.

That's not to say I'm against reunions on principle. I was pleased when the Pixies got back together, not because I wanted to see them again, but because I thought they deserved the rewards that eluded them the first time around.

I went to see the Monty Python reunion a few weeks back. It was pretty cool, but left a slightly nebulous feeling of emptiness. Fun but sad. Celebratory but cynical. Good but sort of not.
. True very true..you can't relive past triumphs, although mozzer/Marr....boz..& Matt..could well carry on the smiths Light which would never go out.

Just Moz and Marr writing together I mean. Johnny can continue with his own er band. M&M don't even have to meet!

This Anonymous

No Way. Johnny's record comes out in October followed by a tour with musicians he actually likes who are damn good. Who really wants a Smiths reunion? Nobody

Nobody? I'm definitely someone that would travel half the globe to see them perform live one last time...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom