Franz Nicolay Offers Coachella 2009 Morrissey Recollection in Tour Diary Zine

Of course I can't. I'm not him.

I can read between the lines though. Skylarker has been very vocal about his feelings towards Morrissey.

If you think that there was no pleasure taken in posting something negative about Morrissey then you're probably either disingenuous or a bit naive.

Skylarker, like Skinny, is just an arsehole who embodies everything that is wrong with this site. It's not a fansite, it's a Disillusioned Haters site - why doesn't davidt just have the balls to be honest about it?

Skylarker, like Skinny, is just an arsehole who embodies everything that is wrong with this site. It's not a fansite, it's a Disillusioned Haters site - why doesn't davidt just have the balls to be honest about it?

While the anonymous posts are a great selling point...

I doubt Morrissey's distaste had anything to do with Smiths songs. His hamfisted mannequins have been kicking the shit out of those classics for years. I can see the smell of burning animal flesh might be unpleasant for him though. He should have cancelled and returned his fee. It would be interesting to know what the contract said about his minimum performance requirement to get paid though.

Leonard Cohen is a great man and a great poet, so in Morrissey's defence anyone would fall short in comparison.

Cold in Ely tonight?

P.

Thanks for posting the article Skylarker . I like it . Hey Anonymous, this is just Franz Nicolays view of two acts of a festival show Sorry if it is upsetting that Moz comes out negative.

Thanks for posting the article Skylarker . I like it . Hey Anonymous, this is just Franz Nicolays view of two acts of a festival show Sorry if it is upsetting that Moz comes out negative.

What's funny about these people's responses is that if you actually read the article, Franz does call Morrissey a pissy little bitch, and criticizes his actions, however he also states a very unpopular positive view, which is that he considers the solo songs, which he admits to liking, to be as good as The Smiths' songs, and that he doesn't think Morrissey should pander to the nostalgiamongers.

But the sycophantic turds only focus on the pissy bitch part...proving AGAIN, sadly, that most of the members of this forum have no ability to see Morrissey objectively, or to look at him as a recording artist who makes songs. They see him as an infallible entity...you have to love every atom, every iota of his essence, or else you're an asshole.

Mean old Skylarker, etc etc, blah blah blah, lather rinse repeat.

What's funny about these people's responses is that if you actually read the article, Franz does call Morrissey a pissy little bitch, and criticizes his actions, however he also states a very unpopular positive view, which is that he considers the solo songs, which he admits to liking, to be as good as The Smiths' songs, and that he doesn't think Morrissey should pander to the nostalgiamongers.

But the sycophantic turds only focus on the pissy bitch part...proving AGAIN, sadly, that most of the members of this forum have no ability to see Morrissey objectively, or to look at him as a recording artist who makes songs. They see him as an infallible entity...you have to love every atom, every iota of his essence, or else you're an asshole.

Mean old Skylarker, etc etc, blah blah blah, lather rinse repeat.

No, what's actually funny (well, not actually funny) is this post of yours.

There are seven anonymous posts in this thread. I wrote three of them. There is nothing in the three posts I wrote that could be considered in any way a positive - let alone sycophantic - mention of Morrissey.

It doesn't matter whether I agree or disagree with you and this fellow with the wonderful moustache. That's not what I was getting at. I honestly don't care what you think about Morrissey. Nothing you say matters and I'm sure you feel the same about me.

My posts in this thread are entirely about you and your constant attempts to shit on Morrissey.

You know what you're doing. Anyone who has spent any time on any forum knows what you're doing. You're not the first and you won't be the last. This site will never be renamed Skylarker-solo. Sorry.

It's funny that you say the other anonymous posts in this thread were written by "sycophantic turds" when you posted a positive response to the first one.

The second anonymous post simply asserts that you will probably never "chill out". I'd have to agree there. You do seem quite unable to respond to anyone who disagrees with you in any way other than directly aggressive, passive aggressive or with a non sequitur.

The third, fourth and fifth anonymous posts were by me.

The sixth anonymous post agrees with you and moustache man that Morrissey is a "pissy bitch".

The seventh anonymous post calls you and Uncle Skinny "Disillusioned Haters". They capitalised that for some reason...

Now I'm not sure about Skinny but do you not think that's a fairly accurate description of you?

You've spoken at length about how shit you think Morrissey is nowadays and how this bothers you because of how much respect you had for him in the past. That seems like the definition of disillusioned to me.

Hater is a term the kids use and I'm pretty sure that it could be used to describe you too.

To sum up OH MY GOD I LOVE MORRISSEY EVERYTHING HE DOES IS GODLIKE.

Because that's all you can hear.

No, what's actually funny (well, not actually funny) is this post of yours.

There are seven anonymous posts in this thread. I wrote three of them. There is nothing in the three posts I wrote that could be considered in any way a positive - let alone sycophantic - mention of Morrissey.

It doesn't matter whether I agree or disagree with you and this fellow with the wonderful moustache. That's not what I was getting at. I honestly don't care what you think about Morrissey. Nothing you say matters and I'm sure you feel the same about me.

My posts in this thread are entirely about you and your constant attempts to shit on Morrissey.

You know what you're doing. Anyone who has spent any time on any forum knows what you're doing. You're not the first and you won't be the last. This site will never be renamed Skylarker-solo. Sorry.

It's funny that you say the other anonymous posts in this thread were written by "sycophantic turds" when you posted a positive response to the first one.

The second anonymous post simply asserts that you will probably never "chill out". I'd have to agree there. You do seem quite unable to respond to anyone who disagrees with you in any way other than directly aggressive, passive aggressive or with a non sequitur.

The third, fourth and fifth anonymous posts were by me.

The sixth anonymous post agrees with you and moustache man that Morrissey is a "pissy bitch".

The seventh anonymous post calls you and Uncle Skinny "Disillusioned Haters". They capitalised that for some reason...

Now I'm not sure about Skinny but do you not think that's a fairly accurate description of you?

You've spoken at length about how shit you think Morrissey is nowadays and how this bothers you because of how much respect you had for him in the past. That seems like the definition of disillusioned to me.

Hater is a term the kids use and I'm pretty sure that it could be used to describe you too.

To sum up OH MY GOD I LOVE MORRISSEY EVERYTHING HE DOES IS GODLIKE.

Because that's all you can hear.

Are you sure you're not giving yourself the benefit of the doubt to an undue extent ? The post of yours to which I responded stated Skylarker posted that particular excerpt due to his disdain for Morrissey. In the above post , you've perhaps shifted the goalposts insofar as you're now willing to state that it's Morrissey's current output which bothers Skylarker , not Morrissey as a whole

I realise how pedantic that sounds but I guess that's why we don't rush to sneer at a person we don't actually know ...

There are seven anonymous posts in this thread. I wrote three of them.

Well that certainly must suck; being banned and having to identify which anonymous posts are yours, because you're so desperate for everyone to hear your dumb little voice.

123zyz, if you go back and read one of my previous posts you'll see I said "He's stated his opinion numerous times of Morrissey and his recent output."

At no point have I suggested that he never ever liked Morrissey. He wouldn't be here if he wasn't a fan at one point. It is a fact though that all he posts in relation to Morrissey nowadays is that he think's he's shit. That sums up his opinion. Denying that is denying a completely factual statement.

Keep defending him though.

Well that certainly must suck; being banned and having to identify which anonymous posts are yours, because you're so desperate for everyone to hear your dumb little voice.

You're not really disproving my assertion that "You do seem quite unable to respond to anyone who disagrees with you in any way other than directly aggressive, passive aggressive or with a non sequitur."

I was identifying which anonymous posts were mine alongside which anonymous posts weren't mine in response to you describing the anonymous posters in this thread as "sycophantic turds" when nothing that was said backs this up. You described a response that you didn't get in this thread. You were so desperate to point out the sycophancy that you're convinced is evident in the majority of fans on here that you couldn't even wait for someone to actually post something sycophantic before trying to put the boot in.

You say that "the sycophantic turds only focus on the pissy bitch part" and that this proves (AGAIN) what you think of the people that post here. The only person who mentioned the term "pissy bitch" was agreeing with it though. So what the hell are you talking about?

Nobody cares about moustache man's opinions and I guess that must have just eaten you up inside. You didn't get to have the argument you wanted so you just imagined the negative responses. You described a response that you didn't get. That's not normal.

And I've never been banned.

123zyz, if you go back and read one of my previous posts you'll see I said "He's stated his opinion numerous times of Morrissey and his recent output."

At no point have I suggested that he never ever liked Morrissey. He wouldn't be here if he wasn't a fan at one point. It is a fact though that all he posts in relation to Morrissey nowadays is that he think's he's shit. That sums up his opinion. Denying that is denying a completely factual statement.

I suppose my point is that the opinion phrased initially ( the one which kicked off the to-and-fro ) wasn't qualified in such a way. Isn't overstating another's opinion generally going to get their back up ?

I can't see how your estimation of Skylarker's opinion can be "completely factual". My objections aren't derived from some fastidiousness on my part ; instead , I just think all the little unnoticed misrepresentations which creep in are unfair and unproductive ...

I would place that Moz performance in the bottom 10% of the ones I have been priviliged to be at :straightface:
still, for me, it was great just to make it there in time to see him, we drove like maniacs all the way from SF nonstop! :guitar:

Why drive non-stop to listen to Jesse Tobias brutalize the Smiths stuff (and early solo)?

Morrissey with Jesse is terrible (I unfortunately found that out in concert twice).

if you go back and read one of my previous posts you'll see I said

One anonymous post here looks like any other anonymous post here. If you'd like folks to understand your position, I'd encourage you to register any random account you like. Otherwise, expecting folks to do some detailed research on which anonymous posts aren't really anonymous isn't something that's likely to happen.

Hey, long-time veggie person here: for the record, the longer you live your life vegetarian, the more the smell of meat will repel you.

Obviously Moz should've known where he was playing, what the conditions are, etc., but I will attest to the actual unpleasantness of the odor to someone who doesn't view animals as food.

Oh, and dude is way off on one point. Morrissey plays whatever songs he likes, whenever he likes, clearly. We'd see much different set lists if he pandered.

You're not really disproving my assertion that "You do seem quite unable to respond to anyone who disagrees with you in any way other than directly aggressive, passive aggressive or with a non sequitur."

I was identifying which anonymous posts were mine alongside which anonymous posts weren't mine in response to you describing the anonymous posters in this thread as "sycophantic turds" when nothing that was said backs this up. You described a response that you didn't get in this thread. You were so desperate to point out the sycophancy that you're convinced is evident in the majority of fans on here that you couldn't even wait for someone to actually post something sycophantic before trying to put the boot in.

You say that "the sycophantic turds only focus on the pissy bitch part" and that this proves (AGAIN) what you think of the people that post here. The only person who mentioned the term "pissy bitch" was agreeing with it though. So what the hell are you talking about?

Nobody cares about moustache man's opinions and I guess that must have just eaten you up inside. You didn't get to have the argument you wanted so you just imagined the negative responses. You described a response that you didn't get. That's not normal.

And I've never been banned.

You care a lot more about this than I do.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom