Flu shots....good or bad?

Mozzy1

Has anyone here had a flu shot previously this winter yet, has had the flu?

If so, were you infected with a placebo & did you report it to your PCP? What did you PCP do?

I have had the flu already this winter & was out from work 6 days (luckily, I have days to "cover" this) but, I haven't had a flu shot.

Is it good to get one or not considering the implications even from getting them.

Does anyone here have a constant, nagging sore throat yet, you don't smoke nor are near 2nd-hand smoke?

Thanks in advance for any advice...

I'm being serious here. I know you, & many, many, many other hate my guts, want me dead & don't 'care' about me. It's laughable really. Seriously....I don't know why I even bothered returning to this site after not being here & leaving since October 14, 2008. I have no real friends here & never met anyone IRL nor has anyone on this site (except people from the original chatroom in the past). Yet, all of them moved-on as I have. I thought to give this site one last chance & that's why I returned b/c I like the Smiths & was looking to have friends w/ people of that.

Yet, I know I was wrong AGAIN. I know I was WRONG & I admit it as a mature woman that my past threads were SHIT but, people move-on. That's why I even posted what I did yesterday in that thread, just asking friendly opinions. Nothing more. I have been SO WRONG again.

I just posted this to ask what experiences others have been through.

Seriously, honest to God...sometimes, one doesn't even know why one should even "bother" anymore.

Good luck.

it was a joke. chill out.

know one wants you dead, we just want you to lighten up

I never get sick. Eat your raw veggies and fruit and you won\'t either. Eat refined food, meat, and dairy...and you will.

It\'s that simple.

I had a mild cold recently on a trip because i was with friends who at like shit, and I joined them for a week.

So there\'s your flu shot.

Got one a few years back....haven't got one since. In all honesty, unless your like 70+, I don't think they are needed.

I'm being serious here. I know you, & many, many, many other hate my guts, want me dead & don't 'care' about me. It's laughable really. Seriously....I don't know why I even bothered returning to this site after not being here & leaving since October 14, 2008. I have no real friends here & never met anyone IRL nor has anyone on this site (except people from the original chatroom in the past). Yet, all of them moved-on as I have. I thought to give this site one last chance & that's why I returned b/c I like the Smiths & was looking to have friends w/ people of that.

Yet, I know I was wrong AGAIN. I know I was WRONG & I admit it as a mature woman that my past threads were SHIT but, people move-on. That's why I even posted what I did yesterday in that thread, just asking friendly opinions. Nothing more. I have been SO WRONG again.

I just posted this to ask what experiences others have been through.

Seriously, honest to God...sometimes, one doesn't even know why one should even "bother" anymore.

Good luck.

Oh, for Chrissake... nobody wants you dead, we would just prefer if you would quit whining about the same things every time. I have a friend who always asks for advice, doesn't take any, and then asks again the next damn day. I don't talk to her anymore, I quit answering when she called because I was sick of it.

I never get sick. Eat your raw veggies and fruit and you won\'t either. Eat refined food, meat, and dairy...and you will.

It\'s that simple.

I had a mild cold recently on a trip because i was with friends who at like shit, and I joined them for a week.

Not true.

Got one a few years back....haven't got one since. In all honesty, unless your like 70+, I don't think they are needed.

Not true.

Read up on the WWI era superflu. For reasons no one yet understands, it killed healthy young adults at a disproportionate rate.

I'm not a great fan of flu shots or meds of any kind, but I got myself vaccined last November. I work as a freelance and really can't afford myself to get sick - last January I got the flu on the Morrissey gig in Strasbourg and it took me 3 weeks to recover.

It has been working very well so far, Hungary's having a flu epidemic plus a stomach bug one and I'm still healthy. *knocks on wood*

I have no idea though whether it has anything to do with the vaccine or not.

It\'s that simple.

When I was a vegetarian I was the sickest I have ever been in my life.

Mozzy1, some people get the flu shot and it works fine for them. Others get the shot and are very sick afterwards. You just gamble when you get one.

A friend of mine got one last month & got sick recently but, it was from the placebo associated w/ the vaccine. I won't lie seriously... I was FREAKED out (w/out 2 much drama though) about hearing this. I just felt sick & germy knowing that the illness was spread bloodborne through that injection. EW.

Right now my throat is scratchy (again) yet, it's probably from working here in this dirty lab...

Hey though (said cynically), maybe I'll die & then, I'll REALLY be dismissed from this forum. Maybe that's a good thing too (trust me, I could actually compose a list of people who hate me & want me gone & I bet Moz would too).

This IS a sign... back to work or croak at it, that is. (smile)

A friend of mine got one last month & got sick recently but, it was from the placebo associated w/ the vaccine. I won't lie seriously... I was FREAKED out (w/out 2 much drama though) about hearing this. I just felt sick & germy knowing that the illness was spread bloodborne through that injection. EW.

Right now my throat is scratchy (again) yet, it's probably from working here in this dirty lab...

Hey though (said cynically), maybe I'll die & then, I'll REALLY be dismissed from this forum. Maybe that's a good thing too (trust me, I could actually compose a list of people who hate me & want me gone).

This IS a sign... back to work.

Oh for christs sake, will you EVER stop whining? :rolleyes:

Oh for christs sake, will you EVER stop whining? :rolleyes:

Needs-moar-drama.jpg

i didnt get it cuz my housemate got it like a week ago and was immeadiately sick
now i am sick too, this is day 3or4, but still i shall soldier on and go to work
which will probably make me sicker by tonight :cool:

Tags
drama i joined 'the group' in flew enza
Back
Top Bottom