Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (updated)

UPDATE 4:25PM PT:

Link posted by lindsey1151:

Press release - true-to-you.net
24 January 2013

Morrissey's concert tonight, January 24, in Flint, MI has been cancelled and subsequent performances in Minneapolis (1/25) and Chicago (1/26) are currently being postponed due to band illness. Those who have already purchased tickets for tonight's show in Flint will be refunded their full ticket price. Those who have already purchased tickets for performances in Minneapolis and Chicago are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for rescheduled dates. The tour will resume Monday, January 28 in Asheville, NC.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience and wishes his band a speedy recovery!

Terry sends word from the venue that tonight's show in Flint, MI is cancelled due to Morrissey's illness.

UPDATE 2:15PM PT:

Twitter updated from the venue:

https://twitter.com/TheWhitingFlint/status/294550746832187392

Due to artists' illness, tonight's performance of MORRISSEY has been cancelled. Refunds will be given at point of purchase.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

Errrr, I was being sarcastic. Obviously you've never performed live or been in a band. The only person they might be able to replace is Anthony Burulcich if Matt Walker could have been induced to return, think he lives near Chicago. Nobody else would be up to speed and would need time to get to know all the current songs.

All that was needed was Morrissey and one guitarist and a show could still have happened. It looks like the show in Sparks, NV is also being cancelled but that one is likely due to poor planning when the dates were rebooked, actually... whomever it was that set up the dates on the West coast has him bouncing all over.

I travelled from Toronto not once, but twice to go see Morrissey in Flint. Sorry, not buying his excuses this time. He says he won't play Canada because of the seal hunt, I say he should boycott England because the British invented slavery, f***ed up the Middle East and really have no legitimate claim to the Falkland Islands.
Invented slavery? Think that was the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, etc. The only ones who have a legitimate claim to the Falklands are the penguins but under the UN charter the people who live there have a right to decide who governs them and for some unfathomable reason they don't seem too keen on it being Buenos Aires. Middle East, Balfour Declaration of 1917, yeah, hands up to that one, everything is all our fault, nothing to do with the US pumping financial and military support into Israel for 50 years or so..........

Re: Article: Tonight's Flint, MI show cancelled; Minneapolis, Chicago postponed (upda

All that was needed was Morrissey and one guitarist and a show could still have happened. It looks like the show in Sparks, NV is also being cancelled but that one is likely due to poor planning when the dates were rebooked, actually... whomever it was that set up the dates on the West coast has him bouncing all over.
Really? Go through the current songs he's performing and how many could be done with one man and his guitarist? When they were rescheduling the shows they would have had to fit them in around existing bookings so it's bound to get jumbled up.

Morrissey has proven to be too unreliable over the years. It's always something, in Vegas one time it was Alain's back, then his mom in Flint rescheduling, then they're sick in Flint and it's cancelled, then for the Nugget due to scheduling it's cancelled???...

The list goes on and on and on and on...

Unless it's a show with Johnny Marr, I have no need to see (or try and see) Morrissey in concert again. And if that happens, it needs to happen soon. Morrissey has aged so much over the last several years and is getting to be a bit old to be singing about being 16, clumsy, and shy... It seems that once you hit 50 or so, you really do start to look old... and seeing a 65 year old Morrissey finally giving in and singing the songs that saved his life will not be what it could have been had he given in and made up with Johnny Marr much much earlier.

Really? Go through the current songs he's performing and how many could be done with one man and his guitarist? When they were rescheduling the shows they would have had to fit them in around existing bookings so it's bound to get jumbled up.

Please please please, let me get what I want... actually any song... obviously they would be different but they could have done something and it could have been a short set, but it wouldn't have been a cancellation and it would have been something unique and special. they had a day or two off after Columbus and could have worked on it, they could have worked on it at the soundcheck, they had time to come up with something to save the show.

Barbican - true, he is getting on but if anything he's singing better than it was a few years ago and it's not him that's ill this time, first it was his mum, now it's one or more of the band. I'm a year younger than him and certainly don't look in half as good condition as he does but I will keep seeing him whenever I can, work schedule allowing. If he retires what will he do with himself all day? Take up golf with Iggy?

Please please please, let me get what I want... actually any song... obviously they would be different but they could have done something and it could have been a short set, but it wouldn't have been a cancellation and it would have been something unique and special. they had a day or two off after Columbus and could have worked on it, they could have worked on it at the soundcheck, they had time to come up with something to save the show.
They brought the show forward an hour and then didn't cancel until three hours before so obviously up until that point they were hoping they'd be well enough not to cancel. When they did it was far, far too late to rehearse an acoustic set with extra songs that aren’t being currently performed. It ain’t like in the movies, you don’t “ do the show right here in the barn”.

I just read through all of this and I'm surprised at all of this bickering. When I look through this, I want to know more about the tour and less about arguing. I want updates to know if I'm even going to see Morrissey live or not. Take this somewhere else. If anyone has any information that could mean that I will not be able to see him in Atlanta, GA on the 31st, please please inform me.

Anonymous - January 14, 2013, 08:28 PM

Things got screwed up during meat is murder... Some lines were missed or something. They finished the song and Moz went off as usual, but they didn't come back for an encore.
I predict that this tour is going to go from bad to worse as it goes on and our Steven is going to be left asking biq questions of himself.
All we can do now is sit back and watch it all un-fold right before our eyes.
You heard it here first.

Ambitious Insider

Found it

Wow it was all predicted on Jan 14 2013 by Ambitious Insider and not a blue rose in sight so thats a big plus as well

I agree SMEATH!!!!! I have waited 27 28 whatever the hell number of years for this!! We must remain positive!! I am praying for Atlanta. Driving from from Orlando. Even if something happens we will still have a fun weekend there but still!!!!!

It is a shame and very disappointing that the these shows had to be postponed. But what is even more disappointing is the disrespect and bashing. If you are a true fan, you simply don't write the garbage that you do. These are exactly the type of people he doesn't want at his shows. And to accuse Morrissey of cancelling because of low ticket sales is insulting. I just saw him at A.C. and Reading. I suggest some of you true fans and followers watch video of Reading and you'll see how truly sick Boz and the other members were. The poor guy had his guitar on a stand and was wearing a mask! Where is your sympathy people? BTW both shows rocked, Moz was in fine form and I will forever have that heavenly voice in my head. Thank you Moz, a devoted girl from Manchester. xoxo

I suggest YOU look back over his career and learn that he has a nasty little habit of cancelling for all sorts of silly reasons and poor ticket sales is one of them.
Respect is a two way thing everybody knows, its one of the first things we learn in our formative years and is a tried and tested trait of mankind.
However in Steven's case its not the same, he is 'me' the almighty, he always has been. Now then people are getting wiser to him and his ways and the inter-net has played a massive part and because of this he is now in a lose lose situation. He is the boy that cried wolf !!! He is running around now shouting "WOLF !!! WOLF!!!"
And the majority of people who know him and his nasty little antic ways COULD'NT GIVE A f***ING SNAPPED OFF PIECE A SHIT.
So you see devoted Manchester girl that is why there is a lacking in the sympathy department. Glad to help you out on the matter.

We'll let you know

I just got screwed on non refundable hotel bookings from Priceline not once but twice because of Morrissey dropping MPLS. There will not be a third effort to see this twat. As far as I'm concerned Morrissey owes me a couple hundred bucks. f***er. Maybe I'll torrent his music so I can get my money's worth. Nothing like getting cancelled on the eleventh hour. It's his fans who provide him with the money to not give a shit about them. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

I'm not much of a driver so I too booked a hotel room... twice for the concert in Chicago. I live a couple of hours away but knew nothing was going to stop me from seeing this concert. I was waiting on Ticketmaster when the tickets went on sale to try to get the best possible- that is worth bitching about- tried buying the best possible seconds after they go on sale and nothing but OBSTRUCTED VIEWs pop up, whatever.

Anyways, I was able to book a hotel three minutes walking distance from the Chicago Theatre through Expedia and was able to get refunded. The point is, it's not Moz but your luck when booking. Luckily for me, the hotel or Expedia allows fee-free cancellation if made by 6pm Friday. Luckily, I found out about Chicago's postponment at noon on Friday. It's all in the luck of the draw.

It sucks that you loss a couple hundred dollars but that's it, life's not fair. I myself was laid-off on Wednesday, live a fairly miserable life and has had my first chance to see Moz, a pennacle person in my life, live twarted twice. Life sucks and while I don't disagree completely that some of this anger is justified- it's misplaced. It is supremely better for my concert to be postponed twice for a time where they are healthier or more mentally ready than take the stage ill or distraught.

"Compare the best of their days- with the worst of your days... You won't win! With your standards so high and your spirit so low- just remember- this is you on a bad day, you on a pale day!"

I agree SMEATH!!!!! I have waited 27 28 whatever the hell number of years for this!! We must remain positive!! I am praying for Atlanta. Driving from from Orlando. Even if something happens we will still have a fun weekend there but still!!!!!

Thank you! I'm very young, 17. This will be my first ever Morrissey concert, and I've only been waiting about four or five years, so I know it's tougher for you.
If you have any updates about the Atlanta dates, please tell me. You're going to the same one as me, right? And if I hear anything, I will also tell you.

Chicago-based Morrissey fan laments another show postponement...

http://1001tangents.wordpress.com/2013/01/26/morrissey-its-time-the-tale-were-told/

The announcement came quick on Thursday evening when the XRT announcer said stop me if you think you’ve heard this one before and proceeded to say that Morrissey was postponing yet another show. At first, I wanted to hang the dj, but realized we’d have to stretch out and wait. Unfortunately for Chicago’s Morrissey fans, it was not a miserable lie. Of course now, mere hours from when the show was to begin after being rescheduled from October, I wish it was, although the joke isn’t funny anymore.

Of course, I along with others was disappointed. I had to ask myself, now what would I do on Saturday evening? Well, I wonder? Perhaps go to the arts & crafts spectacular? I felt despair, and thought to myself, please, please, please let me get what I want. I continued driving but had to focus to not reel around the fountain. I really felt like I was in a draize train, thinking perhaps Moz was telling his adoring fans “I don’t owe you anything.” The mere thought of that certainly did paint a vulgar picture.

It seemed at least his Chicago show, now postponed twice, was definitely under a black cloud. Certain people I know reacted with laughter, calling him the new Pavarotti. Of course, they are the types of people who hate it when their friends become successful and if I wanted to know what they thought I’d dial-a-cliche. They will laugh at me, but I am hated for loving.

Heaven knew I was miserable now yet I kept I kept telling myself that things would be okay. I tried to stay positive but would quickly revert to despair. For a bit, I was lost. I said things like “Dear God please help me.” Then, I’d go back to being optimistic: I know it’s gonna happen someday. Morrissey must know — he knows I’d love to see him. Perhaps I was being dramatic. I felt maladjusted. It just seemed like maybe we did something wrong? Could it be that we just haven’t earned it yet, baby? I don’t know but is it really so strange?

Maybe he didn’t need it anymore. Money changes everything after all. For a second I thought to myself, I know it’s over. No, that can’t be. He’s always put on great shows and never gained a reputation for not caring for his fans.

When I arrived home from driving on the streets I ran, I was starting to gather my senses. I went from shock to panic to wondering what difference does it make?

At least the story was interesting. Morrissey is and continues to be unique in society. The world is full of crashing bores, yet not him. Quite simply, there is no heir apparent. He is the last of the famous international playboys.

The first postponement was because of his sick mother. This time, despite rumors, he doesn’t have a girlfriend in a coma. This time, he and his bandmates are sick. Any thoughts that he was faking it were squashed when I heard him sing “you said that I was ill and you were not wrong” in my head.

Frankly Mr. Shankly I hope it’s the last time. I’m sure it will be. This night has opened my eyes and I’m sure I wasn’t the only one to want to tell Moz, whatever happens, I love you. I’m sure in the future when all’s well he’ll reschedule. I don’t know if we’ll learn the new date tomorrow. How soon is now? That was a joke. For now, I’m ok by myself.

So, until then, there is a light that never goes out. Morrissey, I like you. I will see you in far off places and hopefully in Chicago soon. When you do come back, you’re gonna need someone on your side so do give me a call when you get into town.

READER MEET AUTHOR: Bob Chiarito is a freelance writer based in Chicago and a Morrissey fan. When asked why he wrote this, he simply stated “I keep mine hidden.”

I suggest YOU look back over his career and learn that he has a nasty little habit of cancelling for all sorts of silly reasons and poor ticket sales is one of them.
Respect is a two way thing everybody knows, its one of the first things we learn in our formative years and is a tried and tested trait of mankind.
However in Steven's case its not the same, he is 'me' the almighty, he always has been. Now then people are getting wiser to him and his ways and the inter-net has played a massive part and because of this he is now in a lose lose situation. He is the boy that cried wolf !!! He is running around now shouting "WOLF !!! WOLF!!!"
And the majority of people who know him and his nasty little antic ways COULD'NT GIVE A f***ING SNAPPED OFF PIECE A SHIT.
So you see devoted Manchester girl that is why there is a lacking in the sympathy department. Glad to help you out on the matter.

We'll let you know

Total Troll Response

I'm not much of a driver so I too booked a hotel room... twice for the concert in Chicago. I live a couple of hours away but knew nothing was going to stop me from seeing this concert. I was waiting on Ticketmaster when the tickets went on sale to try to get the best possible- that is worth bitching about- tried buying the best possible seconds after they go on sale and nothing but OBSTRUCTED VIEWs pop up, whatever.

Anyways, I was able to book a hotel three minutes walking distance from the Chicago Theatre through Expedia and was able to get refunded. The point is, it's not Moz but your luck when booking. Luckily for me, the hotel or Expedia allows fee-free cancellation if made by 6pm Friday. Luckily, I found out about Chicago's postponment at noon on Friday. It's all in the luck of the draw.

It sucks that you loss a couple hundred dollars but that's it, life's not fair. I myself was laid-off on Wednesday, live a fairly miserable life and has had my first chance to see Moz, a pennacle person in my life, live twarted twice. Life sucks and while I don't disagree completely that some of this anger is justified- it's misplaced. It is supremely better for my concert to be postponed twice for a time where they are healthier or more mentally ready than take the stage ill or distraught.

"Compare the best of their days- with the worst of your days... You won't win! With your standards so high and your spirit so low- just remember- this is you on a bad day, you on a pale day!"

I saw Morrissey twice on this tour in top form, and he is worth the wait. I am sorry for the cancellations that you have had to deal with.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom