First review 'World Peace is None of Your Business' LOUDER THAN WAR

LTW first review of the new Morrissey single by Fergal Kinney

"...Make no mistake, this isn’t a track to light up Radio 2 in the way that “I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris” or “First of the Gang to Die” have previously done, but it is a potent return that paves the way for a hugely anticipated comeback album..."

http://louderthanwar.com/exclusive-morrissey-world-peace-is-none-of-your-business-single-review/

Very nice review.

The review brings up an issue many have with a specific lyric: "Save for a lyrical head-scratcher in "“stun you with their stun guns” (what else do stun guns do?)"

Now, am I the only one who doesn't take any issue with it? I interpreted it simply as " you'd be surprised by their brutal force of using stun guns" , with the verb 'stun' read as a double meaning. :confused:

This review nails it just based on hearing it live, I haven't downloaded it yet to hear the clean version. I bet this stun gun line is some sort of amazing anomaly meant to be studied.

Very nice review.

The review brings up an issue many have with a specific lyric: "Save for a lyrical head-scratcher in "“stun you with their stun guns” (what else do stun guns do?)"

Now, am I the only one who doesn't take any issue with it? I interpreted it simply as " you'd be surprised by their brutal force of using stun guns" , with the verb 'stun' read as a double meaning. :confused:

We think that lyric/slogan is from the perspective of an injured street protestor in Cairo or at EuroMaidan on RT/Al-Jazeera who is using English as a Second Language and, hence, doesn't understand that it's bad form to repeat the word amongst The Grammar Police.

best wishes
Sharon

- - - Updated - - -

LTW first review of the new Morrissey single by Fergal Kinney

"...Make no mistake, this isn’t a track to light up Radio 2 in the way that “I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris” or “First of the Gang to Die” have previously done, but it is a potent return that paves the way for a hugely anticipated comeback album..."

http://louderthanwar.com/exclusive-morrissey-world-peace-is-none-of-your-business-single-review/

It paves the way for "Istanbul" which it is hoped will be the real break-out radio track.

best wishes
Sharon.

Back
Top Bottom