First date etiquette

Its funny how the women who slobber over pics of Morrissey say give it a few days

:) ...That's because they know Morrissey is the "give it a few years" type.

I'm increasingly thinking he's the "give it a lifetime" type.:lbf:

"No rush now, easy does it, what's the hurry, can't it wait, we have all the time in the world, the future isn't here yet, hang on a second will you, let me enjoy those explosive kegs a few more months...Not now, I've got a headache. Not later, I will have another one...Life is very long..."

Last edited:
I think that this is one for Debrett's...

"Intense eye contact, lingering touches, physical proximity - these are your passports to a second date. Read the signs and react accordingly."

So thats a no!

;)

Oh my God. Is this a serious question? If you ever want to see him again, no it's not ok! If he's the sort of person who wants to sleep with you on a first date, he probably won't be wanting a second date as he's obviously only after one thing. The fact that he's even asked you suggests a total lack of any respect for you as a person! You're not a piece of meat!

100% right! :thumb:

Personally I wouldn't think any less of someone who would sleep with me on the first date, but if someone is ever to tell me something like "not until the x date" that would be a major turnoff. It's not because I have a problem with waiting. Mostly it's me who needs a bit of time. It's just that I prefer leaving the rules for a proper lady behavior out of my (sex) life :)

shhh.jpg

tumblr_l6cobb31ZA1qzdi59o1_500.jpg

tumblr_l5qxd29lfW1qzdi59o1_500.jpg

Thanks Corny for those they made me laugh so much!!! very clever :lbf:

if you f*** on the first date, don't expect a great relationship. this advice brought to you by: in my experience.

Is it ok to sleep with someone on the first date? My potential date has asked me if its okay and am torn between slapping him and saying.." oh go on then" :lbf:

That depends. Are you going to meet up prior the to first date to get STD tests?

Has he even made you a mix tape??!?!?

That depends. Are you going to meet up prior the to first date to get STD tests?

Has he even made you a mix tape??!?!?

Mix tapes mean nothing, anymore.

My only insight into modern dating says that if you make to the fourth or fifth date and haven't done it, you're never going to. I suppose the ideal is after the third: late enough to seem cautious, yet honest enough to do what needs to get done.

Wow...I would love to have another first date that I wanted to have sex with!

Usually, I can't even get through the first half of my drink before I realize it is a waste of my time.

Wow...I would love to have another first date that I wanted to have sex with!

Usually, I can't even get through the first half of my drink before I realize it is a waste of my time.

Sigh. Yeah. Most recently, I got to a fourth (maybe it was a fifth) date with a guy (a classics professor) when I realized I had no interest in even kissing him. What I really wanted to do was take one of his classes. I talked him into slipping me his syllabus, though. :rolleyes: That's a notch on my bookshelf, at least.

Sigh. Yeah. Most recently, I got to a fourth (maybe it was a fifth) date with a guy (a classics professor) when I realized I had no interest in even kissing him. What I really wanted to do was take one of his classes. I talked him into slipping me his syllabus, though. :rolleyes: That's a notch on my bookshelf, at least.

Is that what you kids call it these days? ;)

It's awful. I've been dating a patent attorney who I was really trying to like....because I have so many great ideas, but no way to patent them :lbf:

Is that what you kids call it these days? ;)

It's awful. I've been dating a patent attorney who I was really trying to like....because I have so many great ideas, but no way to patent them :lbf:

Check out his briefs and let me know how it goes.

Gag. Bad lawyer joke. Blame the dregs of the bottle of port that was tonight's "homework." I'm dreading the half-empty bottle of soy sauce, that's tomorrow night.

Tags
did you or didn't you?
Back
Top Bottom