Fiona Dodwell: "The Mythology Of Morrissey" (November 16, 2021)

1_-bn_g7an3bTH58zeZszaQA.jpeg

The evolution of an artist who became the most misunderstood and misrepresented icon of our time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is certainly the case, and this is how I always perceived you, that you are looking for pro arguments and not for incoherencies in his statements. You accuse the press of relying exclusively on such arguments. The girl from Der Spiegel is certainly not deeply involved in the Morrissey phenomenon, at most she has diligently read up on it. He dominates the conversation and steers it wherever he wants. He kept the journalist waiting several times and cancelled appointments. He may have been overtired but he's Morrissey: he could have cancelled it. I can't blame "bad circumstances" for then bringing to light, things, I just don't want to hear out of the mouth of my long-favoured singer. He hangs on to the past. All European countries should keep their idiosyncrasies. But!!! It is not possible because politicians such as our still chancellor have opened the borders to everyone and made "Berlin the rape capital of the world". You can say that and think that and draw that line, but then you have to be aware of the consequences and implications. The world has changed in everything, some people can cope with it, others don't want to.
What Ms Dodwell is doing is giving Morrissey a free pass. And she does it with an insistence that is unparalleled. You should be allowed to question that and "No", I don't really think he's paying her for it.

No - I was curious about how he ended up with such a weird narrative.

He's been accused of being a nonce & a Nazi - twice! And survived. Which is - even by British tabloid standards - extraordinary.

He doesn't dominate the conversation or steer it - she's asking news based questions because that's what gets traction. If a PR was in the room they would have stopped her.

Fiona's just building her career - pitching & writing on spec the way you do. I don't think it's any deeper than that.

Maybe but back then, all of my mates were gig going Morrissey fans and nobody batted an eyelid at what the NME printed, fast forward to 2017 when he started to make comments on Waters and Robinson and plenty of people commented on what he said. There were a few members on here listening to the BBC6 concert and we were commenting on how good the new stuff sounded and then he made the Waters comment and many commented on why the f*** has he just said that.
Isn’t this key though, and demonstrative of some personal investment in Waters (as it occurred before she set up her own party).To the best of my knowledge, Waters hadn’t made any particular reference to Islam at this point?

My guess is that Waters came to Morrissey’s attention when she was in The Labour Party advocating animal rights, feminist ideas, and (now evidently democratic) Eurosceptic policies.

Like it or loathe it, UKIP is a legitimate centre-right party which simply called out the Tories for never making good on their Euro-sceptic rhetoric. It came as no surprise to me that Morrissey was sympathetic: he’d been open about his contempt for the EU for over 20 years. God bless him.

Isn’t this key though, and demonstrative of some personal investment in Waters (as it occurred before she set up her own party).To the best of my knowledge, Waters hadn’t made any particular reference to Islam at this point?

My guess is that Waters came to Morrissey’s attention when she was in The Labour Party advocating animal rights, feminist ideas, and (now evidently democratic) Eurosceptic policies.

Like it or loathe it, UKIP is a legitimate centre-right party which simply called out the Tories for never making good on their Euro-sceptic rhetoric. It came as no surprise to me that Morrissey was sympathetic: he’d been open about his contempt for the EU for over 20 years. God bless him.

She left the Labour Party in 2014 so it's possible. But I think it's more likely he came across her animal rights memes when she was standing for UKIP - August 2017-ish.

I also think the reason he kept banging on about the law is that he'd seen a meme that it was going to be made a hate crime to object to halal slaughter.

That's what happened in the Gender debate - there was a rumour that it would be made illegal to say a criminal was male or even trans if they self-ID'd as a woman or NB - & huge numbers of UK feminists went GC practically overnight.

Talking of which - Anna Maria is also in the thick of that one. And climate change. 🙄

IMG_20210826_104433.jpg

20211108_230529.jpg

It is certainly the case, and this is how I always perceived you, that you are looking for pro arguments and not for incoherencies in his statements. You accuse the press of relying exclusively on such arguments
:rolleyes:
What does this mean FFS? you are looking for pro arguments in his statements but you accuse the press of relying exclusively on such statemtents:confused:
the press are relying on the positive statements???:lbf:

The girl from Der Spiegel is certainly not deeply involved in the Morrissey phenomenon, at most she has diligently read up on it. He dominates the conversation and steers it wherever he wants. He kept the journalist waiting several times and cancelled appointments. He may have been overtired but he's Morrissey: he could have cancelled it. I can't blame "bad circumstances" for then bringing to light, things, I just don't want to hear out of the mouth of my long-favoured singer. He hangs on to the past. All European countries should keep their idiosyncrasies. But!!! It is not possible because politicians such as our still chancellor have opened the borders to everyone and made "Berlin the rape capital of the world". You can say that and think that and draw that line, but then you have to be aware of the consequences and implications. The world has changed in everything, some people can cope with it, others don't want to.
What Ms Dodwell is doing is giving Morrissey a free pass. And she does it with an insistence that is unparalleled. You should be allowed to question that and "No", I don't really think he's paying her for it.

:rolleyes:
BLINKERS!
some cope some not when you are hot you are hot when youre not you are not:crazy:

after that mouthful of mush you shouldnt criticize anyone FFS:hammer:

She left the Labour Party in 2014 so it's possible. But I think it's more likely he came across her animal rights memes when she was standing for UKIP - August 2017-ish.

I also think the reason he kept banging on about the law is that he'd seen a meme that it was going to be made a hate crime to object to halal slaughter.

That's what happened in the Gender debate - there was a rumour that it would be made illegal to say a criminal was male or even trans if they self-ID'd as a woman or NB - & huge numbers of UK feminists went GC practically overnight.

Talking of which - Anna Maria is also in the thick of that one. And climate change. 🙄

View attachment 77689

View attachment 77690
Oh my. Hideous! No man OR woman could find her attractive.

View attachment 77689

View attachment 77690
Thunberg does remind me of those who wore A-boards, when I was young, declaring “the end of the world is nigh”. If Thunberg is right, they were right. If they were wrong, she’s wrong.

Given the means exist, naturally and technologically, to remove ‘greenhouse gasses’ from the atmosphere, and all governments see a direct connection between tax increases (tailored to hit those with the least money and responsibility for the problem) and limiting global warming effects, the term ‘Climate alarmism’ deserves a place in the discourse.

I fumed when Boris applauded Thatcher’s mine-closures on ecological grounds: He forgot to mention she was simultaneously importing record amounts of coal from South America.

Thunberg does remind me of those who wore A-boards, when I was young, declaring “the end of the world is nigh”. If Thunberg is right, they were right. If they were wrong, she’s wrong.

Given the means exist, naturally and technologically, to remove ‘greenhouse gasses’ from the atmosphere, and all governments see a direct connection between tax increases and limiting global warming effects, the term ‘Climate alarmism’ deserves a place in the discourse.

I fumed when Boris applauded Thatcher’s mine-closures on ecological grounds: He forgot to mention she was simultaneously importing record amounts of coal from South America.

None of the discourse matters - it's something you need to be in the room for. And they'll do what's easiest at the last possible moment.

Cars off the road made such a huge difference to nature - it's sad watching it slowly go back to withered.

None of the discourse matters - it's something you need to be in the room for. And they'll do what's easiest at the last possible moment.

Cars off the road made such a huge difference to nature - it's sad watching it slowly go back to withered.
I agree. I’d like to see more pedestrianisation and better public transport. What we’ll actually get is tax hikes and levies which price the poorest off the roads, and a continuing shrink back from public transport promises (not that HS2 was ever intended to be accessible to the ‘average’ train traveller).

So climate change policies=business as usual, but with added moral imperative, as far as The Conservatives are concerned: now that really is a nightmare scenario. I’ve already heard climate change mentioned amongst reasons for the freeze on personal tax allowance.

I agree. I’d like to see more pedestrianisation and better public transport. What we’ll get is tax hikes and levies which price the poorest off the roads, and a continuing shrink back from public transport promises (not that HS2 was ever intended to be accessible to the ‘average’ train traveller).

So climate change policies=business as usual, but with added moral imperative, as far as The Conservatives are concerned: now that really is a nightmare scenario. I’ve already heard climate change mentioned amongst reasons for the freeze on personal tax allowance.

It's all waffle. Kissing babies stuff.

Why aren't all Dodwell posts and threads moved to Off Topic? The sanitation sewer-droids on Moz Solo move stuff that is actually worth reading to Off Topic.

tumblr_o18cyq8HyD1qf427ko4_r1_640.jpg

:confused:

Action has a point. why arent all the Fiona posts and threads banned outright? at the very least sent to off topic cloggers😐
only 🏄‍♂️🏄‍♀️ with Skinny threads should be allowed :hammer:

If Morrissey central themselves are regurgitating these rancid pellets of sycophancy then i don't see how they are off topic.

oops :D
I mean as a general rule when it comes to Dodwell, but when she just repeats the same thing over again elsewhere then yeah, it's just spam.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom