Fiona Dodwell: "The Mythology Of Morrissey" (November 16, 2021)

1_-bn_g7an3bTH58zeZszaQA.jpeg

The evolution of an artist who became the most misunderstood and misrepresented icon of our time.

Last edited by a moderator:
"His views on race? Moz is a big fan of James Baldwin"

I sure thats a great comfort to the "sub species" Chinese.

"He is a feminist, after all."

"People know exactly what's going on," he reportedly said when asked about Weinstein inviting actresses to his hotel room, "and they play along".
"Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: 'I was attacked, I was surprised'.
"But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it."
"I hate rape... But in many cases, one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person who is considered a victim is merely disappointed."

Are those the words of a "fully paid up" feminist?

"He wore a lapel badge of a party that wants to ban religious slaughter."

Oh well, thats all right then. Do they have no other policies?

Re the sub-species comment - a theme in Moz's lyrics is the idea that treating animals with cruelty makes us less than human. I think I agree with him. I'm sure there are many people in China who agree with him too.

'Are those the words of a "fully paid up" feminist?' They are very similar to the comments of Germaine Greer on Weinstein.

'Do they have other policies?' I don't think Moz cares that much about their other policies to be honest. He clearly does care about banning religious slaughter though.

Well....I had Morrissey's back the whole time, in the midst of all the 'scandals'.

But now he has shown me THE TRUTH - that he's an Ohio State fan....

I'm burning my PRIZED copy of Maladjusted!!!!! :)

You’re all R a C I S T s !!!!!!🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

"His views on race? Moz is a big fan of James Baldwin"

I sure thats a great comfort to the "sub species" Chinese.

"He is a feminist, after all."

"People know exactly what's going on," he reportedly said when asked about Weinstein inviting actresses to his hotel room, "and they play along".
"Afterwards, they feel embarrassed or disliked. And then they turn it around and say: 'I was attacked, I was surprised'.
"But if everything went well, and if it had given them a great career, they would not talk about it."
"I hate rape... But in many cases, one looks at the circumstances and thinks that the person who is considered a victim is merely disappointed."

Are those the words of a "fully paid up" feminist?

"He wore a lapel badge of a party that wants to ban religious slaughter."

Oh well, thats all right then. Do they have no other policies?

It wasn't literal.

He wasn't talking about Weinstein - it was the casting couch in general. Plenty of people have discussed the same thing.

He was interested in their animal welfare stance - he doesn't currently support any party.

He was, and still is, hard to categorise and almost impossible to define amongst his peers.​

First of all, you need certain requirements to be able to categorise and define someone or something. Let's face it, not everybody is (intellectually) capable of it.

Generally, you can approach people either descriptively or prescriptively.

In order to describe something or someone accurately and in detail, you need excellent observation skills and a wide-ranging word power to articulate these observations. You have to be able to distance yourself from the outside world, and you have to be aware of your own prejudices.
Not everyone is up to it.

Those who do not have this ability, will fall back on a prescriptive approach, which means that they describe ideas or images that already exist in their own mind instead of what can be seen outside.

So, my point is, that nowadays everyone has an opinion, but not many are capable to reach their opinion through painstaking observation and description. When painstaking observation and description is missing, emotions have to serve as a "proof" to defend this opinion.

It's a kindergarten.

I am not as fixated on Finsbury as the seed of all evil as others here. What does that mean? A great conspiracy against him? The lust for the fall of great stars is huge everywhere on this planet. Look at what Freddy Mercury or Elton John had to endure and dealt with better (because more offensively) than Morrissey. Take the Spiegel interview or my quote from above. I'm more interested in his blubber from the last few years, which he would like to sell as freedom of speech, if possible without argument.

Nor am I. Like everyone here, I can't read his heart or mind and can't speak for him, but I don't believe he is a racist at heart.

If we look back there was already smoke in the air on the racist topic long before Finsbury 1992. His comments that "Reggae is vile" and about black music in general during The Smiths drew plenty of racist accusations, as did the song, "Bengali in Platforms" which came out in 1988 (again not saying I agree, but they did nonetheless).

So isn't it more a case of these accusations already brewing and Finsbury if anything being more of a culmination?

But let's pretend Finsbury never happened... hasn't he said plenty before and since then that would have him vilified in the press? Finsbury or no Finsbury, I think he'd be exactly where he is now... mainly due to his own comments (taken out of context or not).

Last edited:
Nor am I. Like everyone here, I can't read his heart or mind and can't speak for him, but I don't believe he is a racist at heart.

If we look back there was already smoke in the air on the racist topic long before Finsbury 1992. His comments as "Reggae is vile" and black music in general during The Smiths drew plenty of racist accusations, as did the song, "Bengali in Platforms" which came out in 1988 (again not saying I agree, but they did nonetheless).

So isn't more a case of these accusations already brewing and Finsbury if anything being more of a culmination?

But let's pretend Finsbury never happened... hasn't he said plenty before and since then that would have him vilified in the press? Finsbury or no Finsbury, I think he'd be exactly where he is now... mainly due to his own comments (taken out of context or not).

No - he wouldn't have been.

It was the 5 page denunciation that turned it into a narrative. The earlier scandal gave them some of the ammunition & he was hyper scrutinised afterwards, mainly by the NME, then a couple of their hacks move to The Guardian & it hits the web.

You can always measure Morrissey's guilt by how many Nerak and Ketamine posts litter an otherwise benign thread. Strap yourselves in for another fascinating lesson in how Morrissey has actually never said or done anything to warrant any criticism or scrutiny.

You can always measure Morrissey's guilt by how many Nerak and Ketamine posts litter an otherwise benign thread. Strap yourselves in for another fascinating lesson in how Morrissey has actually never said or done anything to warrant any criticism or scrutiny.

You truly are pathetic. There's no point at all in your spiteful posts or sad attempts at making your life look interesting with skanky photos.

Exactly. It's the same shit 17,000 times as well.

'Do they have other policies?' I don't think Moz cares that much about their other policies to be honest. He clearly does care about banning religious slaughter though.
It would be nice to imagine Morrissey only supported For Britain for their animal rights stance, and everything else he was ignorant of. It's clearly utter tosh though. How many interview quotes about Moz complaining about immigration, "migrant boats mean migrant votes", Sadiq Khan not being able to talk properly, his support for Tommy Robinson etc do you need?

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom