Fingernails

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
How do you groom your fingernails? Do you file? Do you buff? Do you paint them? Do you get regular manicures or do you do them yourself?

Can I see a photo of your nails?

Can I see a photo of your nails?

Masonry-Nails-BEN_i_lbw101374S.jpg

BoobsFingersCam-1.jpg

Sorry for the boobage. This is the only handy photo I have of my nails. I usually do mine myself, but I try to keep them manicured looking. I paint them either clear, red, black, turquoise or pearly white.

C'monnn, guys. I wanna see what's going on with your nails! Fingernail decisions interest me. :D

Unmanicured, short, painted clear unless I'm going out. I can't be bothered with grooming them most the time :p

BoobsFingersCam-1.jpg

Sorry for the boobage. This is the only handy photo I have of my nails. I usually do mine myself, but I try to keep them manicured looking. I paint them either clear, red, black, turquoise or pearly white.

C'monnn, guys. I wanna see what's going on with your nails! Fingernail decisions interest me. :D

They are lovely nails, I am jealous..not too long and not all stubby like mine. I hate obvious looking fake ones, they look very tacky.

They are lovely nails, I am jealous..not too long and not all stubby like mine. I hate obvious looking fake ones, they look very tacky.

Do you really bite them? You know, I had a friend who bit hers all her life and then she forced herself to stop and now they are lovely. She grew them out and had them enhanced with acrylic.

Yeah, I don't care for long nails on people. They just get in the way of life. Having said that, my nails grow fast and sometimes they get a little out of hand, so to speak. D:

Do you really bite them? You know, I had a friend who bit hers all her life and then she forced herself to stop and now they are lovely. She grew them out and had them enhanced with acrylic.

Yeah, I don't care for long nails on people. They just get in the way of life. Having said that, my nails grow fast and sometimes they get a little out of hand, so to speak. D:

Yes I do , I have grown them a little bit but I am that used to short nails that even the slightest bit annoys me, plus they hurt if I needed to scratch :lbf: Your nails are how I would have mine if I could though....maybe I will give it a go. I don't even realise I am biting them half the time.

Yes I do , I have grown them a little bit but I am that used to short nails that even the slightest bit annoys me, plus they hurt if I needed to scratch :lbf: Your nails are how I would have mine if I could though....maybe I will give it a go. I don't even realise I am biting them half the time.

You could try that rubber band on the wrist thing... Where you snap it enough to hurt every time you catch yourself biting your nails.

You could try that rubber band on the wrist thing... Where you snap it enough to hurt every time you catch yourself biting your nails.

I have never heard of that...how does that work? I have tried the horrible tasting nail varnish a few years ago :sick:

I have never heard of that...how does that work? I have tried the horrible tasting nail varnish a few years ago :sick:

Well, you find a rubber band that's big enough to wear as a bracelet. Every time you catch yourself doing the thing you're trying to stop doing you snap it hard enough to hurt a little. Over time your mind will associate the bad habit with unpleasantness and it'll stop sending you the urge to engage in that habit.

Plus, you can decorate your rubber band all niftykeen with a Sharpie or two. :D

Ooh, these kinds of threads interest me! :D

My nails are in the attatched photos- the polish has quite a strong lilac tint to it, but you can't really see it because the lighting settings on my camera phone are so bad. I was a biter until very recently, but I'm having moderate success in growing my nails a bit and making them look nice. I change my varnish colours like most people change their underwear though, so I have to give my nails a break quite often because otherwise they look horrid bare.

Ooh, these kinds of threads interest me! :D

My nails are in the attatched photos- the polish has quite a strong lilac tint to it, but you can't really see it because the lighting settings on my camera phone are so bad.

Pretty! I like light pearly colors sometime too. They make me feel so Victorian. :)

Pretty! I like light pearly colors sometime too. They make me feel so Victorian. :)

Thanks :) I love those sorts of colours, the polish in the picture is actually a white then a glittery lilac layered- there was a really nice one I saw in a magazine a few weeks ago and which was exactly what I wanted but I haven't been able to find it. The two colours I have on now are a pretty good match for it though.

I was hoping more men would respond. I'm interested in men with (what I think of as) non-standard fingernails. Like Morrissey! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom