Finally...

D

DWAB

Ten months post breakup with a hardcore fellow Morrissey fan, and I am for the first time capable of listening to a Smiths album. It is still gut wrenching. I am still gutted.

How can you still love and miss someone who through degrees exposes a hidden mental illness? After many egregious slights and much crazy-making behaviour, including my being attacked physically - by this woman, mind you - the night before a Morrissey concert I had arranged for us (she had never seen him live), I had to bail. I miss what we shared, despite knowing full well I had to leave to preserve myself.

RIP intense, insane relationship, and the promise of lasting love. Hope lost.

graham-stanier-jeremy-kyle.jpg

Graham is available if you'd like to talk.

Chin up, it's just one deflated romance. The Bee Gees always express this emotion properly.

I've had a few of those myself. I don't think people really loose those feelings they just settle a bit and you carry them with you as you carry on

Keep playing the game of life pal, there's plenty of ups as well as downs. Keep in mind Morrissey does seem to have a high percentage of mentals as fans, so maybe steer clear if you don't feel confident enough to cope with one yet.

Ten months post breakup with a hardcore fellow Morrissey fan, and I am for the first time capable of listening to a Smiths album. It is still gut wrenching. I am still gutted.

How can you still love and miss someone who through degrees exposes a hidden mental illness? After many egregious slights and much crazy-making behaviour, including my being attacked physically - by this woman, mind you - the night before a Morrissey concert I had arranged for us (she had never seen him live), I had to bail. I miss what we shared, despite knowing full well I had to leave to preserve myself.

If you are capable now to listen to the The Smiths listen to "Love Is Just A Miserable Lie".
Or listen to "The Bittersweet Symphony" from the band which name I forgot but whose singer was Richard Ashcroft.

Join the majority of the human race and next time you feel the urge to fall in love just start tip-toeing and playing a bit. Do the test. As you are being tested.
Have your defense up, don't let anyone hurt you again. Hurt them first.

Have some more selfesteem and don't take anything for granted.
You are as important as anyone else and by being nice and easy and forgiving from the beginning it's not gonna make you happy. Or your partner.
You drew the line at physical violence to you, but that line should have been drawn much earlier.
Nevertheless, you still have feelings and maybe you're lucky and you will find love again but it will not be the same.
Cheers! :thumb:

I think we've all had people ruining bands and artists we once loved. For me it was U2 for a number of reasons. Solo has seen quite a lot of people falling in love only for it to end in tears. Somehow I suspect that it takes far more than liking the same music for love to last. The happiest couples never shared the same interests I've found and maybe you do need to be away from each other more to make it work, I mean that is why people have jobs is it not?

Maybe in another ten months you can muster up the courage to ask her to send your balls back?

Maybe in another ten months you can muster up the courage to ask her to send your balls back?

I would say, let her have them and chew on it.
Life is just a tennis match.
New balls please.
10 months is a long time, why wait that long?

Back
Top Bottom