Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Israel

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • can't decide

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • haven't heard it all yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
girl from tel aviv is the one i can listen to 20 times in a row and not get tired of it. feels like visiting a sanctuary in a hostile world. great lyrics in israel too.

girl from tel aviv is the one i can listen to 20 times in a row and not get tired of it. feels like visiting a sanctuary in a hostile world. great lyrics in israel too.

Agreed. I love “The Girl From Tel Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel”.

As some already stated the atmosphere reminded me a bit of King Leer. Slight vaudeville influence.

Maybe the girl from Tel Aviv only had one knee too and she feared not to be able to stand up again, if necessary?

Agreed. I love “The Girl From Tel Aviv Who Wouldn’t Kneel”.

As some already stated the atmosphere reminded me a bit of King Leer. Slight vaudeville influence.

Maybe the girl from Tel Aviv only had one knee too and she feared not to be able to stand up again, if necessary?
someone posted a video from an etty hillesum play in the thread about the allegedly sexual shaven cave, etc. lyrics. seems its a line taken from a theatrical production.

If Mr. Morrissey wants to achieve another top selling album ever again, he needs to part with his current band. There is no cohesion to his artistic past with this album. There is too much of a flamenco sound which is not a good thing if you happen to be a man from Manchester. Flamenco should be left to Julio Iglesias, in my opinion. The lyrics are actually quite good, it's the music that really bothers me. There are some interesting sounds in a song like Who will protect us from the police, which is my favourite of the album. I am sure that his band members are nice people but that is not enough if you care about your musical legacy (or future). I don't think he is that desperate to settle for musicians of their genre. There are far better, more interesting music writers and lyricists out there that would suit his style much better. I think it's time to move on.

If Mr. Morrissey wants to achieve anotherView this e-mail in your browser ever again, he needs to part with his current band. There is no cohesion to his artistic past with this album. There is too much of a flamenco sound which is not a good thing if you happen to be a man from Manchester. Flamenco should be left to Julio Iglesias, in my opinion. The lyrics are actually quite good, it's the music that really bothers me. There are some interesting sounds in a song like Who will protect us from the police, which is my favourite of the album. I am sure that his band members are nice people but that is not enough if you care about your musical legacy (or future). I don't think he is that desperate to settle for musicians of their genre. There are far better, more interesting music writers and lyricists out there that would suit his style much better. I think it's time to move on.

Yes, you know what they say about Manchester: "If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere."

Back
Top Bottom